+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Toronto April'16

fradiavalo

Sep 27, 2013
Hi all,

I am landing in Toronto this April. I completed my landing formalities last year. I invite all those who are planning to move to Toronto or nearby as well as people who are already there to network through this thread.

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
I will be landing on April-18-2016..

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
I am landing on 30 April 2016, with no relative in Toronto. So all I need to do at my own.

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
Even i don`t have anyone there, I am landing with my wife and 1 infant.I Have contacted one settlement service
he is charging 1000 CAD. I need to opt this service as no options left for me...

sanjeevg

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

Is it possible to do first landing in Nova Scotia whereas as per COPR my destination is Toronto

Regards
Sanjeev

landed2016

Feb 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 August 2014
Nomination.....
3 December 2014
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
16 July 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 March 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Hope to land too but still waiting for PPR

caba4blue

Apr 29, 2013
Hey all, I landed in Toronto 4 years ago now. It is a really great city however there are many things to watch out for!!! Do you all have your housing and Jobs etc sorted out?
Toronto has many different areas all having different rent cost (if you are renting) The competition is harsh for rental so expect to find condos go the day the are advertised (there is no time to think here, you find a place and you go for it!) most people here will move either the 1st or the 15th of the month so you will need to time your move around these points in the month.
Landlord will always want your first and last months rent, however they will usually want a credit check too, however if you are New to Canada then your credit rating does not come with you - this is an issue as its hard to get a landlord to even look at you without a credit rating as there are so many more people lined up after you who do have the credit score they want! So bring the very latest credit score you have from your own country and lets hope this helps! Get a credit card in Canada as soon as you can!!! You need to build up your credit.
The downtown core will cost around $2000 per month for a one plus den or around $2500 - $5000 for a 2 bed 2 bath, King Street, Bloor Street and cabbage town are all expensive.
It is important to try to get a short term let before you either buy or get into a year lease, this way you can work with a realtor and get to decide which neighbourhood is going to be right for you!

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
Good info. +1 for you.

caba4blue said:
Hey all, I landed in Toronto 4 years ago now. It is a really great city however there are many things to watch out for!!! Do you all have your housing and Jobs etc sorted out?
Toronto has many different areas all having different rent cost (if you are renting) The competition is harsh for rental so expect to find condos go the day the are advertised (there is no time to think here, you find a place and you go for it!) most people here will move either the 1st or the 15th of the month so you will need to time your move around these points in the month.
Landlord will always want your first and last months rent, however they will usually want a credit check too, however if you are New to Canada then your credit rating does not come with you - this is an issue as its hard to get a landlord to even look at you without a credit rating as there are so many more people lined up after you who do have the credit score they want! So bring the very latest credit score you have from your own country and lets hope this helps! Get a credit card in Canada as soon as you can!!! You need to build up your credit.
The downtown core will cost around $2000 per month for a one plus den or around $2500 - $5000 for a 2 bed 2 bath, King Street, Bloor Street and cabbage town are all expensive.
It is important to try to get a short term let before you either buy or get into a year lease, this way you can work with a realtor and get to decide which neighbourhood is going to be right for you!

fradiavalo

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks for sharing the info caba4blue...cud u also provide some insights on present job scenario, survival jobs etc. If u don't mind my asking, which industry do u work in?

caba4blue said:

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
I am landing in Toronto hopefully by first week of May 2016 if I get my visa on time.

caba4blue

Apr 29, 2013
fradiavalo said:
Thanks for sharing the info caba4blue...cud u also provide some insights on present job scenario, survival jobs etc. If u don't mind my asking, which industry do u work in?
I was lucky I came over with a work visa via my company which is in new media advertising.

There are jobs in Toronto as it is the largest city, many positions within finance and banking for sure, it all depends on your industry. Canadian companies do like to understand the education and qualifications of applicants so if there is not a global qualification it will be worth while investigating what the Canadian match is and reference this within your application. One thing I would say is, the Canadian process is slower than most countries. From sending off your application to receiving first response and / or 1 st interview can take much longer than what you are used to. Also Toronto is a big pull from other smaller towns in Canada so there is a lot of home grown skill that you will be in competition with so you could find yourself in a slightly lower level than you are within your home country (unless on a work visa vis your company)
You will need to make it clear on application what the status of your visa is, or if you already have Perm Res. If you are Perm Res you should be fine with little questions, however if you are on a work visa you will need to state the length and also if there are any restrictions and importantly how you intend on obtaining perm res status.

Normally - a line manager of around 10 people should be looking c$60k - $90k a snr manager around $80k - $120k and a Director $130k upwards depending on your industry.
TAX is a bit of a killer in Canada - this is something you need to watch out for as it can be much higher than you may be used to, you will need to file your TAXES for the first 2 years anyway so ensure you find a good accountant for the first couple of years to get the best advice on your T4 tax return