+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada from USA

ibiarain

Oct 10, 2018
Hello, I am hoping someone here can answer my query.
I am Pakistan national and resident and have received copr.
Now the question is if it’s possible for me to go to the United States (on my visit visa) and then onwards to Canada from there.
If so, can I rent and drive a vehicle up to the border from USA? Any ideas? I have close family in the USA so want to visit them before the move. And I am looking up driving options since airlines are expensive from USA to Canada if you include 2 pieces of checked baggage.

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello, I am hoping someone here can answer my query.
I am Pakistan national and resident and have received copr.
Now the question is if it’s possible for me to go to the United States (on my visit visa) and then onwards to Canada from there.
If so, can I rent and drive a vehicle up to the border from USA? Any ideas? I have close family in the USA so want to visit them before the move. And I am looking up driving options since airlines are expensive from USA to Canada if you include 2 pieces of checked baggage.

Thanks!
Yes, you can go to the land border and complete your landing. You can then either return to the USA (if your visa permits it) or carry on into Canada to settle.

Reactions: ibiarain

ibiarain

Oct 10, 2018
So I booked Air Canada Tickets, driving was going to be as costly as air fare from Chicago to Toronto (considering the baggage i will be carrying).

Thanks everyone for replying.