+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

patelppuk

Sep 21, 2010
London Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep 2007
Doc's Request.
10 feb 2010
Med's Done....
20 sep2010
Passport Req..
18 feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 mar 2011
LANDED..........
28 May 2011
Hello everyone,
Landed in toronto on 28th of may.
All procedure are very easy.
First you will get landing form in plane and you have to fill and give to immigration officer with
ur COPR and ur passport. IO will mark on ur landing form and give back to you.(Please keep this form safe).
IO will ask about ur fund but he/she will not check physically.
Then they will redirect u to another counter.
At this counter u will require landing form, COPR, Passport and the address where u want ur
PR card to be sent. Again IO will ask about fund but will not check physically.
IO will ask you to sign at three different place on COPR and he will keep 3 copy and give u one carbon copy.
Please keep this copy safe and secure as it will require for sin no., medical and many different things.
Once you finish here u will take exit to take ur baggage.
At Toronto airport for baggage trolley there is $2 charge. If u dont have coin, dont worry there is a machine which accept note.
At this place their is a phone booth which cost u 50 cent per call.
You can call ur friend and relative from here but before u get out from airport there is one more step left.
Near the exit they will ask ur landing form. Once u give them landing form they will guide u towards custom officer.
Custom officer first ask u about proof of fund and they physically check them. Then they may check ur baggages.
I may case they just check proof of fund not the baggages but I have seen one of the custom officer was checking baggage of
new immigrant. So, be ready for that.
After that ur ready to go and take a exit.
You dont need PR card application form and Goods Accompanying list but only goods to follow list, if some of ur goods come through shipment.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. But there is no "landing form". The form you got in the plane is merely a "declaration form". Every passenger in the flight must complete it, regardless first-time immigrant like yourself, returning Canadian citizen (like myself) and tourist.

patelppuk said:
Hello everyone,
All procedure are very easy.
First you will get landing form in plane and you have to fill and give to immigration officer with
ur COPR and ur passport. IO will mark on ur landing form and give back to you.(Please keep this form safe).
IO will ask about ur fund but he/she will not check physically.
Then they will redirect u to another counter.
At this counter u will require landing form, COPR, Passport and the address where u want ur
PR card to be sent. Again IO will ask about fund but will not check physically.
IO will ask you to sign at three different place on COPR and he will keep 3 copy and give u one carbon copy.
Please keep this copy safe and secure as it will require for sin no., medical and many different things.
Once you finish here u will take exit to take ur baggage.
At Toronto airport for baggage trolley there is $2 charge. If u dont have coin, dont worry there is a machine which accept note.
At this place their is a phone booth which cost u 50 cent per call.
You can call ur friend and relative from here but before u get out from airport there is one more step left.
Near the exit they will ask ur landing form. Once u give them landing form they will guide u towards custom officer.
Custom officer first ask u about proof of fund and they physically check them. Then they may check ur baggages.
I may case they just check proof of fund not the baggages but I have seen one of the custom officer was checking baggage of
new immigrant. So, be ready for that.
After that ur ready to go and take a exit.
You dont need PR card application form and Goods Accompanying list but only goods to follow list, if some of ur goods come through shipment.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patelppuk said:
Hello everyone,
Congrats Patel for making your smooth landing and sharing exp. All the very best to your post landing settlement. If possible share it sometimes. Enjoy your stay.

simcvk

Jan 12, 2010
qorax said:
1. Yes, u cannot mail/courier your pps abroad from India.
2. U can always send the pps out-of-India [any country for that matter] by hand thru a rep. A family member is much the better.
3. U have to get the PR stamping done before the due date [request for extensions r possible - but that'd seriously delay u].
4. U also have to 'land' before the expiry of the PRVs - else, it's gone for good.
5. Yes, anyone from your family can carry all the pps & get them stamped @ Buffalo.
6. He doesn't require a V/visa to enter Canada - that PRV [on his pp] is the entry permit [one-time though].
7. Your daughter can 'land' separately, but not later than the expiry of the PRV on her pp.
8. Like your hubby [anyone for that matter], she also doesn't need another kind of visa to enter Canada.

Qorax

FFFF

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2007
Doc's Request.
November 2009 sent in Feb 2010
Med's Request
18 August 2010
Med's Done....
15 Sept 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16 March 2011 and sent on 19 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 MAY 2011 ( Visa Stamped 18 May 2011 )
LANDED..........
Landed on 25 June 2011
Qorax and others;
My question might be answered somewhere in this forum, but it may take ages to find it. It was mentioned that at the POE, the IO will ask for an address to send the PR card. Do they send the PR through regular mail, or by Courier? Would it be possible if we request to be sent by Courier? Does the address need to be in Canada or could be in any other country? Please clarify. Thanks

FFFF

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2007
Doc's Request.
November 2009 sent in Feb 2010
Med's Request
18 August 2010
Med's Done....
15 Sept 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16 March 2011 and sent on 19 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 MAY 2011 ( Visa Stamped 18 May 2011 )
LANDED..........
Landed on 25 June 2011
Another question please…I have a plan to land in Toronto by end of this month. From your experience, could you advice the best accommodation for two weeks. I’m looking for good accommodation with reasonable price in the city and accessible by transportation and close to community facilities. Please advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FFFF said:
Qorax and others;
My question might be answered somewhere in this forum, but it may take ages to find it. It was mentioned that at the POE, the IO will ask for an address to send the PR card. Do they send the PR through regular mail, or by Courier? Would it be possible if we request to be sent by Courier? Does the address need to be in Canada or could be in any other country? Please clarify. Thanks
CIC sends PR card by regular mail. The address must be in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FFFF said:
Another question please...I have a plan to land in Toronto by end of this month. From your experience, could you advice the best accommodation for two weeks. I'm looking for good accommodation with reasonable price in the city and accessible by transportation and close to community facilities. Please advice.
safehomestay.com

zadmalik

Star Member
Apr 14, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Forwarded with the application
AOR Received.
PER Recieved: 05-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
25-03-2011.....IN PROCESS since 3rd Aug.2011
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made on 24-08-2015.. PPR on 26.08.2015...Passport submitted on 28.08.2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan, 2016 (In shaa Allah)
Hi Qorax,
its my 1st visit of your forum and much happy to have read ur guiding views for the general visitors.....

i need ur help too....plz

here is the brief of my case;

NOC: 1122
VO: London
Applied on: 13-09-2010
Current status: Nothing update since then.....
Ecas shows nothing.....and i m totally blank about the current status of my file, even don't know whether it has been recieved by the VO London or not.....as my ecas is constantly silent...

i processed my application through one of my known friends who is an authorized canadian consultant, resides there in canada too......due to his personal engagements, he is away from his routine business since Feb, 2011.....owing to uncertainity, i myself sent an email about a month ago to the querry section/link on the website, which is still unanswered till date....

will u plz suggest me what should i do now and what do u say, where would my case be by this time?

Regards;

fraz

Star Member
May 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB(PK)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
april 2009
AOR Received.
august 2009
Med's Request
02november 2009
Med's Done....
07december 2009.remedical 15jan 2011
Passport Req..
09may 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20may2011
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH.26 JULY2011
dear QORAX
how r u ? please advise me i want to bring crockry in carton.is it allowed to take cartons in aeroplane.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fraz said:
dear QORAX
how r u ? please advise me i want to bring crockry in carton.is it allowed to take cartons in aeroplane.
Yes, carton box is allowed as checked-in baggage.

Ananth B

Jun 2, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
17-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2011
LANDED..........
05-12-2011
It' Very good

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
steaky said:
Yes, carton box is allowed as checked-in baggage.
Hey Fraz,

Crockery will be heavy and you have very limited weight.. so my personal advice will be to carry warm clothes etc.. Document itself will be very heavy.. just weigh them before buying anything.

All the best.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zadmalik said:
Hi Qorax,
its my 1st visit of your forum and much happy to have read ur guiding views for the general visitors.....

i need ur help too....plz

here is the brief of my case;

NOC: 1122
VO: London
Applied on: 13-09-2010
Current status: Nothing update since then.....
Ecas shows nothing.....and i m totally blank about the current status of my file, even don't know whether it has been recieved by the VO London or not.....as my ecas is constantly silent...

i processed my application through one of my known friends who is an authorized canadian consultant, resides there in canada too......due to his personal engagements, he is away from his routine business since Feb, 2011.....owing to uncertainity, i myself sent an email about a month ago to the querry section/link on the website, which is still unanswered till date....

will u plz suggest me what should i do now and what do u say, where would my case be by this time?

Regards;
U should probably be hearing from them in a couple of months... it'd likely be an ADR [Addnl docs Request].
BTW, your case is yet under b/ground checks.

Relax & things will start looking good soon!

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
fraz said:
dear QORAX
1. Like steaky suggested - they r permitted.
2. Like AspirantC suggested -- they'd "waste" your baggage allowance.
3. I say -- most of those'd 'break' if sent thru check-in baggage, it'd just not be worth the trouble.

BTW, crockeries/cutleries cost dime-a-dozen here. The local Dollar Store might be all u need!

Qorax