+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Honolulu said:
^
Thanks for the excellent details!
So you are returning with a PR Travel document?
Thanks Honolulu. I will be returning without PR card and later once PR cards are delivered to address of my uncle; they will post them to me in Dubai.

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
nadahmedk said:
Dear Jawad!!

Congratulations for a safe landing!!

Nicely portrayed details, a quick Q, do you have twins??

Also a suggestion from next time onwards, please do carry umbrella strollers when you travel as I believe most of airlines do allow strollers for toddlers travelling along with cabin luggage

Good luck!!

Nadeem
Thanks Nadeem. I have quasi twins :) with a difference of one year between them....I think none of the airline allows baby stroller after the aeroplane gate and you have to submit it to luggage at that point. So I used the strollers untill gate and then I had to submit.

Regards

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mohammad76 said:
will you guide us about Towns Inn Suits,? good or avg or bad?
Strengths:
1. Excellently situated near bloor and young subway on a few minute walk.
2. You can find No frills groceries nearby. There is a grocery shop in front as well.
3. Kitchen was a big big plus. (To give you an idea; the day we landed, we went to a one minute walk Indian resturant "Indian Hut". It costed us 40$ for two person buffet dinner....very costly)..And we have done our the entire week grocery for just 80$.
4. Staff was very polite and helpful
5. Very spacious; especially with two babies, I had a good enough space for them to walk in the living area...around 10 bags could easily be placed anywhere without occupying the space. In a hotel room, entire space will be eaten up by these giant bags I believe...
6. daily house keeping
7. Airy and bright
8. Bed was very comfortable
9. 2 phones for any incoming free..

Weaknesses:
1. A bit costly
2. Hate the breakfast restaurant place. It was basement with very poor light
3. A little bid older
4. TV connection was not working at all
5. Breakfast was just named as breakfast....We went once and then never
6. Internet was not included and costed 12$ a day plus Tax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawadahmed6065 said:
I'm still here in Manitoba. Its great though. Place is peaceful and very less population in entire manitoba. You can hardly see any asian immigrant though....Grocery is a big problem and we have to drive to a nearest town brandon for any grocery from our town Neepawa.

Love the greenery over here and waether to my surprise is a bit pleasant. I was expecting it to be much colder than Toronto; but its not.

How was your flight? Have you reached Dubai?

Regards
Nope. Am flying on the 28th Oct.

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
I have a query , for the very first few days , is it safe to keep money(cash+draft) with us in hotel/guest house as we dont have any bank account or relative ? is it safe to carry with us while we go outside for buying smthing or to put in hotel room ?
pls suggest.

swapnochary

jawadahmed6065 said:
Hello every body,
My apologies for the delay in sharing my landing experience as I had some issues with internet availability. I did share it in our google group. Here you go...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
swapnochary said:
I have a query , for the very first few days , is it safe to keep money(cash+draft) with us in hotel/guest house as we dont have any bank account or relative ? is it safe to carry with us while we go outside for buying smthing or to put in hotel room ?
pls suggest.

swapnochary
The risk is similar to any other country - while visiting. But, sure to a tad lesser extent here. However, who stops u from opening a bank a/c on the very first day? I did it, many do so, it's perfectly feasible & assured - unless u have plans to take on the jet lag a bit longer.

Qorax

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Flying tomorrow night to Vancouver to finish landing process. Already booked the hotel.
Hopefully my 2.5 yr son and my daughter will bear the 23 hrs journey.

Only one tension I have is my wife got new passport and visa is on the old passport. Qorax sir already replied to my question on this and need not worry about that. Until I reach there will have some tension.

Is there any question will be asked at the immigration counter over here in India before departure ?

Really appreciate seniors like Qorax, PMM etc. and other members in the forum helping in clarifying doubts.

Wish me luck.

Thanks...

mohammad76

Feb 9, 2010
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2007
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
IELTS Request
01-11-2009
Newceo dont worry every thing will be fine and you will enjoy canadian life and dont forget to share yoru landing experience with us in detail,
what hotel you booked and how much it cost you

newceo said:
Flying tomorrow night to Vancouver to finish landing process. Already booked the hotel.

Only one tension I have is my wife got new passport and visa is on the old passport. Qorax sir already replied to my question on this and need not worry about that. Until I reach there will have some tension.

Is there any question will be asked at the immigration counter over here in India before departure ?

Really appreciate seniors like Qorax, PMM etc. and other members in the forum helping in clarifying doubts.

Wish me luck.

Thanks...

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
newceo said:

Wish me luck.

Thanks...
Take it easy buddy; Its a simple process and people on the immigration in canada are very cooperative and friendly. Just enjoy the pleasure of landing on the earth which is welcoming you and going to be your home and identity. Believe me, just smile and throw away all worries...Enjoy every moment from now as you will never get this time back...Its as simple as 1 2 3...Once you landed, they'll take care of everything.

Cheers!!!!

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Dear Seniors,

Please help, I landed at Toronto in 30 August 2010. I am now staying in my original country. I will not be able to come back Canada until December 2011. If The 2 accumulative years counted from landing date which is 30 August 2010 I will meet the requirement of 730 days if I come back to Canada before 30 August 2015. Please advise me if am I correct. Thank you so much.

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
steaky said:
What date did you left Canada?
I left Canada after one week. I left on the 9 September 2010.

Please consult me when should I have to come back and what should I do to come back because I have not received PR card.

Thank all,

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks Qorax and Leon for the valuable inputs.

Qorax
The reason, i have asked UPS, because of the work commitments back home, I will not be able to stay a month in Canada, so providing Safehomestay fwding address is a concern.

Qorax

Please share your inputs, Should I use the "safehomestay" address though my stay there is few days?

thanks / sujamana

Also, if this is not possible, then I have no choice to apply for Travel document when I come back (India), Could you please provide the links to it. (I am still working on getting the fwding address here)

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
I have got the links for applying Travel document from India (through VFS - agency for Canada embassy). The timeframe to process the travel document is 5 Business days plus shipping and a fee of $50. Any inputs to share? Thanks!

Qorax

Please share your inputs, Should I use the "safehomestay" address though my stay there is few days?

thanks / sujamana

Also, if this is not possible, then I have no choice to apply for Travel document when I come back (India), Could you please provide the links to it. (I am still working on getting the fwding address here)