+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
:) :D ;D ;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D
Well, I have our flight arranged and we will be arriving in Canada on June 19th! I am trying to set up a reservation for a rental car at the Toronto Airport where we will land so we have some transportation for our first bit of time there, but now I'm thinking I'm not sure what time to reserve it for. How long will the whole landing process generally take? A couple of hours?

lijauco_jojo

Jun 22, 2015
Manitoba Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/30/2014
Doc's Request.
COC from SG - 5/11/2016
Nomination.....
1/14/2016
AOR Received.
3/22/2016
IELTS Request
Included on my initial application
Med's Request
4/14/2016
Med's Done....
4/21/2016
Passport Req..
5/30/2016
VISA ISSUED...
6/15/2016
LANDED..........
7/8/2016
Hi Guys,

We're really close on having our visa. We already send our passports (PPR) to our local visa office for stamping. However, my wife got pregnant. We believe that the baby is less than a month on my wife's tummy. Do we have to declare this to CIC or immigration officers or do we have to request any travelling clearance from her OB? Our estimate landing time to Manitoba will be on July2016. Hoping for your response guys. Thank you.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
2 hours generally..

I advised you to take taxi rather going for self driving rental car.

After landing, open the bank account & ask for Gold credit card which gives free insurance on rental car. At times cost of insurance is more than the rent itself.

kwyatt75 said:
Well, I have our flight arranged and we will be arriving in Canada on June 19th! I am trying to set up a reservation for a rental car at the Toronto Airport where we will land so we have some transportation for our first bit of time there, but now I'm thinking I'm not sure what time to reserve it for. How long will the whole landing process generally take? A couple of hours?

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
lijauco_jojo said:
Hi Guys,

We're really close on having our visa. We already send our passports (PPR) to our local visa office for stamping. However, my wife got pregnant. We believe that the baby is less than a month on my wife's tummy. Do we have to declare this to CIC or immigration officers or do we have to request any travelling clearance from her OB? Our estimate landing time to Manitoba will be on July2016. Hoping for your response guys. Thank you.
No. No need to inform anyone. :)

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Expertise,

I have landed on 22nd of April in Winnipeg and my Winnipeg address is updated,

Do I need to do anything?

Please suggest.

Many thanks.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
thomasuk said:
Dear Expertise,

I have landed on 22nd of April in Winnipeg and my Winnipeg address is updated,

Do I need to do anything?

Please suggest.

Many thanks.
Concerning the card; now you wait; and while at it, you should apply for provincial health insurance, get your SIN, driving permit, and contact your nearest settler-services provider for guidance/help on integration - very important.

Once you have your SIN, your at liberty to find work.

All the best.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
On the b4 goods form, what is entered in the document Number field?

Is it my passport number or CIC application number?

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi friends/seniors

I hv a problem for which i would really appreciate ur valuable input:

I am a new immigrant, landed on 1st May 2016.

I have plan to get married in coming september, for which i'll be going back home for a month or two. My fiance' lives in Pakistan.

What i have read on cic website, the process time to bring spouse to Canada is 26 months (which is way too long period).

Is there any other way to process her case in quick manner???

During election campaign the new PM Justin said that his govt will reduce this time period to 3 months..is there any update on this?

Regards

hat123

Oct 9, 2014
Hello, I am moving to Canada as I have recently received PR visa. I would the ways to take proof of funds. If we can take in the form of travel card and latter after going there to Canada can we transfer the amount into Canadian Bank Account which we open there later.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
sk540 said:
Hi friends/seniors

I hv a problem for which i would really appreciate ur valuable input:

I am a new immigrant, landed on 1st May 2016.

I have plan to get married in coming september, for which i'll be going back home for a month or two. My fiance' lives in Pakistan.

What i have read on cic website, the process time to bring spouse to Canada is 26 months (which is way too long period).

Is there any other way to process her case in quick manner???

During election campaign the new PM Justin said that his govt will reduce this time period to 3 months..is there any update on this?

Regards
While you apply and wait for the PR for your spouse, you can also apply for a TRV (Visitor Visa) in the interim.

Diogo

Jun 8, 2016
Hello everyone!!! First time here in this forum, even though I've been reading it for a long time.

I have a simple question. When I land in Canada next October I know I'll have to inform an initial address which I plan to stay for just a few days until I find a permanent place to stay.

Possibly I'll have to use this temporary address to register for PR and SIN. Will I be able to change the address once I move to a permanent place? My concern is related to being able to update my address in time for the documents to be sent to me my mail.

Thanks for your help!!!

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
next2015 said:
Concerning the card; now you wait; and while at it, you should apply for provincial health insurance, get your SIN, driving permit, and contact your nearest settler-services provider for guidance/help on integration - very important.

Once you have your SIN, your at liberty to find work.

All the best.
Thank you for your message.

I know all these matters re: SIN card, Bank A/C, Jobs, etc. My simple question is that, Do I need to do anything? In regards to my address is changed in E-CAS.

Thanks.

thomasuk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diogo said:
Hello everyone!!! First time here in this forum, even though I've been reading it for a long time.

I have a simple question. When I land in Canada next October I know I'll have to inform an initial address which I plan to stay for just a few days until I find a permanent place to stay.

Possibly I'll have to use this temporary address to register for PR and SIN. Will I be able to change the address once I move to a permanent place? My concern is related to being able to update my address in time for the documents to be sent to me my mail.

Thanks for your help!!!
Yes, you can use your temporary address to get health card, SIN card, Bank Card. All these takes 1/2 working days.
When CIC will update your Winnipeg's address in E-CAS, you will have a chance to change your address in E-CAS.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Diogo

Jun 8, 2016
thomasuk said:
Yes, you can use your temporary address to get health card, SIN card, Bank Card. All these takes 1/2 working days.
When CIC will update your Winnipeg's address in E-CAS, you will have a chance to change your address in E-CAS.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Thank you buddy!!!