Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
jdn said:
Dear All ,

I am planning to land in Alberta by 2015 .

I would like to get suggestions regarding

1, Which is the first place of entry airport preferred in Alberta .We are a family of 5 ( with 3 small kids ) so please let us know your suggestion so that we can avoid too much land transport immediately after landing .
2, If we are travelling through Toronto transfer should we do all landing procedures in Toronto or we can wait till we reach final destination in Alberta ?
3 , Considering Extreme temperatures which is the best month to land ?
4, Is the medical coverage includes Pharmacy medicines or only Clinical expenses ?
5, Best place to search for Construction or OIL field Jobs ?
6, My landing destination in CoPR - Novoscotia , but planning to land in Alberta for exploring more Job possibilities . Will this be an issue in Alberta at any later processing time ?

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering .

Jdn
1. Which city in Alberta are you planning to land?
2. Landing formalities will be completed in the first Canadian port of entry.
3. May
4. Medicines are not covered.
6. No issues.

Nov 6, 2014
jdn said:
Dear All ,

I am planning to land in Alberta by 2015 .

I would like to get suggestions regarding

1, Which is the first place of entry airport preferred in Alberta .We are a family of 5 ( with 3 small kids ) so please let us know your suggestion so that we can avoid too much land transport immediately after landing .
2, If we are travelling through Toronto transfer should we do all landing procedures in Toronto or we can wait till we reach final destination in Alberta ?
3 , Considering Extreme temperatures which is the best month to land ?
4, Is the medical coverage includes Pharmacy medicines or only Clinical expenses ?
5, Best place to search for Construction or OIL field Jobs ?
6, My landing destination in CoPR - Novoscotia , but planning to land in Alberta for exploring more Job possibilities . Will this be an issue in Alberta at any later processing time ?

Thanks in advance for your patience in answering .

Jdn
You might be surprised but the best place province to land is Nunavut, lots of job opportunities there, best month to land considering extreme temperatures would be december, bcoz of the mountain ranges the air does get quite warm there. Good luck !

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
You might be surprised but the best place province to land is Nunavut, lots of job opportunities there, best month to land considering extreme temperatures would be december, bcoz of the mountain ranges the air does get quite warm there. Good luck !
Frankly, I am surprised. Hard to pick up nuance on a message board obviously, so I can't tell if you are being serious or facetious. If serious, are there any facts/figures to back up the statement on job opportunities? Mining/mineral exploration seem to be the only major industry, and with a population of 35,000, some expectations would need to be revised, especially for new immigrants.

Nov 6, 2014
fdk511 said:
Frankly, I am surprised. Hard to pick up nuance on a message board obviously, so I can't tell if you are being serious or facetious. If serious, are there any facts/figures to back up the statement on job opportunities? Mining/mineral exploration seem to be the only major industry, and with a population of 35,000, some expectations would need to be revised, especially for new immigrants.
Any job in Nunavut pays HIGHER AND NEARLY DOUBLE the salary you would get in any other province in Canada. They have all jobs there from Engineers to Health, to grocery clerks. I knew a couple that was making 16.00 per hour just working at a grocery store and accommodation is INCLUDED.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
Any job in Nunavut pays HIGHER AND NEARLY DOUBLE the salary you would get in any other province in Canada. They have all jobs there from Engineers to Health, to grocery clerks. I knew a couple that was making 16.00 per hour just working at a grocery store and accommodation is INCLUDED.

Wow, $16.00 per hour.. what a fortune. ;D Let's go to Nunavut!

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
rawdah said:
1. Which city in Alberta are you planning to land?
2. Landing formalities will be completed in the first Canadian port of entry.
3. May
4. Medicines are not covered.
6. No issues.
Thanks rawdah for your input .

Actually we are planning to land in any of the airports in Alberta depending up on the proximity to good asian community accomodation and networking possibilities for search of job.

Jdn

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
polara69 said:
need to do research about the location of Mining and Engineering possibilities and also schools for kids will be a real challage :-\ . Seems like it will be in some remote islands of Nuavut due to its large landscape .

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polara69 said:
It was a joke, would not go there for $30/hr..
Everyone has their own choices/preference, I know many people who are adventurous move out there. They get paid quite well, more than $30.00/hr . It depends what your life style is. I do a lot of swimming, biking, hiking, mountaineering, running, skiing, photography etc Some ppl move out there for the pristine beauty and untouched nature. I have myself worked in very very remote locations in the middle of nowhere. If you went out of camp, you wouldn't find a single human being and you would feel that you are on an alien planet.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdn said:
need to do research about the location of Mining and Engineering possibilities and also schools for kids will be a real challage :-\ . Seems like it will be in some remote islands of Nuavut due to its large landscape .
The community is on an island called Iqaluit. They have an airport there. You can't drive. You need to use a snowmobile. School is there too, small community. Lots of mining and research going there, a Uranium mining is coming up too. Lots of Engineering possibilities. The Federal Govt of Canada gives 1 million dollar loan to those who want to setup a business there. The possibilities are endless, you just need a mind that thinks out of the box.

If you want to stick and live within the Asian/Pakistani community then Toronto/Vancouver is the place to be, but if you are confident enough and have no problem in integrating with mainstream Canadian Culture and Society, then the job possibilities and career development is unlimited.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
SinghLovCan said:
Everyone has their own choices/preference, I know many people who are adventurous move out there. They get paid quite well, more than $30.00/hr . It depends what your life style is. I do a lot of swimming, biking, hiking, mountaineering, running, skiing, photography etc Some ppl move out there for the pristine beauty and untouched nature. I have myself worked in very very remote locations in the middle of nowhere. If you went out of camp, you wouldn't find a single human being and you would feel that you are on an alien planet.
I understand that.. I am not too keen on the ice and cold, that is all. I am European with no integration issues.. I leave living up north to others, thanks. :)

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes but costs are much higher too. All food is transported by air and is ridiculously expensive. I am not even talking about rents. Not to mention aboriginal communities struggling with alcohol and drugs and creating a "pleasant" social scenery.
It is not the size of salary that matters but its purchasing power. 16$ per hour for North is almost a poverty level.
polara69 said:

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polara69 said:
Not to discourage anyone who is adventurous like me but I have a friend who lives up there (Nunavut) and doing quite well with his wife. He says its not so much of the money but housing is a major issue.

I live in Northern Alberta and I wouldn't move here for $20/hr just saying. You have to factor in the cost of living even though you get Northern allowance.