+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Formalitites in Canada

Vigneshram

Sep 14, 2016
Hi Experts,

I am planning to land in Canada in January. I got PR through Saskatchewan PNP, hence my port of entry is Regina. But I have to land in Toronto and then take a flight to Regina, with a break of just two hours. So where will the PR card application and other landing formalities be completed for me. Will it be in Regina, or if in Toronto I will be missing my flight to Regina. Please advice on this.

Thanks
Vicky

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Toronto.

Two hours is possible, but it's cutting it close. Landing procedure can take 15-20 minutes if there are no lines, but you also have to collect your baggage and clear customs at Toronto.

You can delay your SIN application until you get to SK.

There is no PR card application for first-time landing immigrants.

Vigneshram

Sep 14, 2016
Hi Bellaluna,

Thanks for the prompt reply. But what do you mean by no PR card application for first-time landing immigrants. I have to apply for it once I land in Canada I guess, pls clarify. Also baggage I can collect in Regina I guess.

Thanks
Vicky

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Vigneshram said:
Hi Bellaluna,

Thanks for the prompt reply. But what do you mean by no PR card application for first-time landing immigrants. I have to apply for it once I land in Canada I guess, pls clarify. Also baggage I can collect in Regina I guess.

Thanks
Vicky
There is no PR application as one will be completed as part of your landing formalities.

As for your baggage, you will likely have to collect it in Toronto, clear customs and check it in again to Regina, but you should double-check with your airline to confirm.