Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hi there,
Some of us will do the landing at border and some of us will go to the Local CIC office for landing.
I think it will be helpful for all of us if we share our landing experience in one place.

* Required Documents for Landing:
1. Passport(s) with PR visa.
2. CoPR Document.
3. Recent bank statement showing balance for required settlement fund or Salary stubs ?

* Landing at Border:
1. Come to the Border with required documents.
2. Be in the border within working hour. Some borders are closed earlier than others.
Check this out before you come to the border.

* Landing at Local CIC office:
1. Call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 and talk to the agent to make an appointment with your local CIC office.
- Some of us just walk-in to the local CiC office and being able to do the landing without appointment.
If you are Feeling Lucky go ahead.
- CIC will call you back with date and time. It may take times before you hear from CIC. It depends on
how busy is your local CIC office.

* Questionnaires:
There are no known standard questionnaires. We will gather all questionnaires here based on our experience.
Please help us once you pass through this long waited moment.

Thank you all.

gaijin

Jan 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
tanoshi said:
My landing experience was pretty nice and fast. I did U-turn on the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie (around 30km from Niagara Falls - very quiet place). At the border, official ask my ID and ask did I travel to US. I said no and do u-turn for landing purpose only. After she check status. She direct me to the building which is very straight forward. 1 row for landing and 1 row for Custom. I wait for officer call me and pretty much straightforward: hand-in COPR and Passport. Officer only ask to verify information, address and ask which status I am. I just show her my work permit. No other question ask. She detached COPR and gave back me the copy and said "now you have the rights as Canadian except voting. You have to live in Canada 2 years within 5 years to keep your status". and that's it. Officer not even ask money I posses or something like that. She just remind that if I changed the address, should call the CIC right a way.

gaijin

Jan 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
TRUONGAN said:
*** LANDING EXPERIENCE AT CALGARY CIC OFFICE - NO APPOINTMENT ****
I came in at 8:30am. The office was not open until 9am so we have to form a line outside. I was the first in line. I planned to go to the border on Saturday for landing but after reading a post on this forum a member said s/he was able to do landing at local office without appointment so I decided to try my luck here this Friday morning. The line was about 20 people even before the office is open.
When I get inside, I dealt with a male officer at the front desk, he is Filipino I guess. He's young. I explained to him I am here to do landing but I didn't have appointment because the CIC Toll free didn't pass on my request to the local office. He said that is absolutely not possible without appointment. I told him I am leaving Canada for vacation and with PR Status I can apply for travel documents. He said I have an option to go to the border (which I already knew) but I told him the weather is not good to drive hours on highway. But he still No No and No. I almost gave up and wanted to return to work, forget about the landing here and will do it at the border tomorrow. But then he said he needs to check the schedule to see if CIC passed my name on their calendar or not. I kept saying “please please please” and he kept resisting “no no no”. I said I have heard that landing wouldn't take longer than 10 mins, he said ‘no, much longer , sir' .

Few minutes later I don't know what changed his mind, he grabbed my paperworks and asked me to wait – he said he will check to see if there is any available immigration officer to do this for me but “don't hope too much”, if they do it, you're lucky, if they're busy, answer remains same. About 5 mins he came out and confirm a few more things about travel plan ( seemed to me like he didn't believe me at first), then he smiled at me, and became a totally different person LOL. He said that an IO will come out to help you right away, your request is accepted. Thanks goodness! I didn't have to go home and spent 2 hrs for nothing, best part is I won't have to drive to border in this kind of weather.

About 5 mins later an IO came out to walk me into a small private room. She was a Filipino, too and she is very friendly. I can't stop myself saying ‘sorry' and ‘thank you' to her because I know I have given them a difficult situation and they have made a very rare exception for me (based on how firm the officers were at first). She took my COPR and passport, check all the info, keyed something on her computer. She asked if I remember my first entry date to Canada I told her the approximation. She had to check my CIC Client ID again to find out the exact date. Then she asked me to confirm all the info on COPR are correct and put initials/signature on the fields her finger points to. She wanted me to surrender my Work Permit and said I now have all the rights and obligations of a PR. She congratulates me twice during the landing. I brought with me bank statement and last payslip but none was asked to show. The whole landing process with IO was less than 10 minutes with no tension at all. She told me to change my SIN and update my status with employer. She explained to me about PR Card and how to retain PR status and offer to answer my questions.

I left the office at 9:30am. mostly spent time waiting outside and waited to be called in for landing.

When I get to work I check my COPR and found out the field ‘I understand these conditions' was not signed. I was confused as I don't know if it was missing or not, IO didn't tell me to sign there and that field looks important, too. So I googled the CIC Calgary email and send them an email to inquire. About an hour later, that IO call me back (anonymous caller ID) saying everything is fine because my PR doesn't come with any conditions or restriction so no need to sign there. It was a big relief to hear that as I have heard cases where COPR must be reissued, resigned, and PR card delayed because of missing signature on COPR.

Well, so on Dec 9 2011, I became PR of Canada.

a_p13

Star Member
Mar 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my work permit will be expired when they send my passport back wit the copr. Would i have a problem during the landing?

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
samina12 said:
what is Copr???
Confirmation of Permanent Residence. A white sheet of paper that they give you for landing purposes.

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
Landing experience at Terminal 1 Pearson (February 2012).

Walked in to those passport control booth and when he said, "why are you coming to Canada today?". I just responded: to land as a PR. The guy didn't even bother to check anything and refer me to their office right away.

In the office, I gave the officer my COPR, photo and passport obviously. The guy did not ask anything other than the fact that "are you still living in this address?" and asked me to sign. There is no question or any documents asked.

The whole experience is very quick maybe 10 minutes or less.

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
how about declaration forms?

ethels said:
Landing experience at Terminal 1 Pearson (February 2012).

Walked in to those passport control booth and when he said, "why are you coming to Canada today?". I just responded: to land as a PR. The guy didn't even bother to check anything and refer me to their office right away.

In the office, I gave the officer my COPR, photo and passport obviously. The guy did not ask anything other than the fact that "are you still living in this address?" and asked me to sign. There is no question or any documents asked.

The whole experience is very quick maybe 10 minutes or less.