+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver?

scanadap

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,
I will be going to Seattle from Vancouver on a train in the next couple of weeks. Is it possible to complete the landing procedure at the Pacific Central Station in Vancouver on my way back?

Thanks!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scanadap said:
Hi,
I will be going to Seattle from Vancouver on a train in the next couple of weeks. Is it possible to complete the landing procedure at the Pacific Central Station in Vancouver on my way back?

Thanks!
Yes you can

I take this train frequently between Seattle - Vancouver.

Canadian customs and immigration inspection will place upon arrival at Pacific Central Station.

When you arrive, they will ask you to remain on the train until your car is called. First they unload all the baggage and place it on the platform. Then, when your car is called, you get off, walk up the platform, find your luggage and proceed to customs. Most of the time, the Canadian border inspectors are quick and efficient, asking the normal questions (reason for trip, etc). Once you get to the head of the line, the actual encounter with the agent seldom will take more than 3 minutes.

scanadap

Jun 21, 2011
Though I could just do a flag pole at the Canadian Border, I've heard that the US Officers at that time give you an administrative refusal, which can be a problem later whenever you travel to the US. So thinking of taking a trip to Seattle and complete my PR Landing when I come back by train at the Pacific Central Station.

Thanks for the info!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scanadap said:
Though I could just do a flag pole at the Canadian Border, I've heard that the US Officers at that time give you an administrative refusal, which can be a problem later whenever you travel to the US. So thinking of taking a trip to Seattle and complete my PR Landing when I come back by train at the Pacific Central Station.

Thanks for the info!
no problem! Seattle is a great city! if you have time - don't forget to visit the original Starbucks store and pike street market in downtown Seattle near the water!

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
I love taking that train down to Seattle, in fact it was my first PoE into Vancouver and a lot of people don't even know it exists.

I didn't do my landing there but I've had a work permit issued, so I don't imagine it'd be a problem.

scanadap

Jun 21, 2011
Someone told me today that I can't do my landing at the Pacific Central Station and that it can only be done at the Canadian Land Border or if I leave and come back by air. Is that true? Has anyone done their PR Landing at that station?

sol_sol

Jan 20, 2014
scanadap said:
Someone told me today that I can't do my landing at the Pacific Central Station and that it can only be done at the Canadian Land Border or if I leave and come back by air. Is that true? Has anyone done their PR Landing at that station?
Has anyone landed at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver in 2015? I am considering this option of taking train from Seattle, and landing at the station. I am curious to know if anyone has done it recently.

sol_sol

Jan 20, 2014
sol_sol said:
Has anyone landed at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver in 2015? I am considering this option of taking train from Seattle, and landing at the station. I am curious to know if anyone has done it recently.
Responding to myself, but to share the information, I did my PR landing at the Pacific Central Station.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
I wonder if it's possible to flagpoll at Pacific Central without actually taking the train at all? You do the US border stuff actually in Vancouver, so I wonder if you can just line up for the train and then get the US border guards to send you over to the Canadian border guards? Would this count has having "re-entered" Canada for the purpose of activating PR or updating a work permit, etc?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I wonder if it's possible to flagpoll at Pacific Central without actually taking the train at all? You do the US border stuff actually in Vancouver, so I wonder if you can just line up for the train and then get the US border guards to send you over to the Canadian border guards? Would this count has having "re-entered" Canada for the purpose of activating PR or updating a work permit, etc?
1. No, the US Immigration is pre-boarding, it doesn't count as leaving Canada.

BRL4

Jun 15, 2023
Responding to myself, but to share the information, I did my PR landing at the Pacific Central Station.
Hi there, I know this was posted years ago! But hopefully you still have an account to reply. My husband and I are doing our PR landing at Vancouver pacific central station. We are from the UK, flying into Seattle to see my brother and then getting the train to Vancouver with our COPR’s to land in Canada and activate our PR! : ) was it a smooth process for you? Did the immigration officers do it smoothly? We were getting concerned that the only way to do it was by landing in a Canadian airport by air travel.
Best wishes

BRL4

Jun 15, 2023
Just wanted to update that my husband and I landed successfully at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver having come off the train. Very simple and easy process. : )

Reactions: thefirstyeet