+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at different city rather than final destination

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
Hi,

Under the Manitoba provincial nomination program, when submitting the EOI-SW, I have selected Brandon as the final destination.

However, can I land at Winipeg and stay there from the day one. Or do I have to stay in Brandon.

Please advise.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but do not see any reason why not given still in Manitoba .

If arriving from outside Canada it is possibly unlikely having a direct flight into Winnipeg let alone Brandon . Your initial POE into Canada would be where you would complete your landing formalities showing intent to travel onward to Manitoba. If you are lucky enough to have a direct flight from outside Canada into Winnipeg then you would just complete your landing there and be on your way whether you stay in Winnipeg or anywhere else in Manitoba

Last edited:
Reactions: davidfore

Rocky1998

Oct 28, 2018
Others can comment as well but do not see any reason why not given still in Manitoba .

If arriving from outside Canada it is possibly unlikely having a direct flight into Winnipeg let alone Brandon . Your initial POE into Canada would be where you would complete your landing formalities showing intent to travel onward to Manitoba. If you are lucky enough to have a direct flight from outside Canada into Winnipeg then you would just complete your landing there and be on your way whether you stay in Winnipeg or anywhere else in Manitoba
But why they give more marks for selecting a city outside of Winipeg. Isn't there any impact if we select some other city like Brandon and stay in Winipeg after scoring additional 50 points. Are they giving additional points just to select a city other than Manitoba ?