+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at CIC office in Edmonton ,any experience?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
hi people. please tell me the phone number you called or the application you submitted for your landing. I cannot go to the border.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
shibaak said:
hi people. please tell me the phone number you called or the application you submitted for your landing. I cannot go to the border.
i would call 1 888-242-2100.

I also want to land at edm office, but i am pretty you have to wait for your copr before calling. They will not book your appointment before you get your copr.

Andy

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy.cic said:
i would call 1 888-242-2100.

I also want to land at edm office, but i am pretty you have to wait for your copr before calling. They will not book your appointment before you get your copr.

Andy
Hey guys, just a quick question, I have OINP, after getting PPR can i land in Edmonton or any Alberta / US border? or Officer my create problem at the time of landing..

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Yes. I called them and they said the same thing. I should get the visa and then I can get the appointment. Do you by any chance know how long it takes for them to give you the appointment?

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
shibaak said:
Yes. I called them and they said the same thing. I should get the visa and then I can get the appointment. Do you by any chance know how long it takes for them to give you the appointment?
You should get the appointment within 3-4 weeks. My passport have reached Ottawa on feb 4. I'll let you know which date I got.

Andy

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Andy.cic said:
You should get the appointment within 3-4 weeks. My passport have reached Ottawa on feb 4. I'll let you know which date I got.

Andy
I hope so. I should do my landing before May. Thank you very much.

edmray

Jan 24, 2016
shibaak said:
Can't say about the normal times, but I called the Edmonton office for appointment on the morning of Jan 18th and got an appointment for the afternoon of Jan 21st - so just about a 3 day wait. It was definitely more convenient than going to the border. Good luck with your appointment!

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
edmray said:
Can't say about the normal times, but I called the Edmonton office for appointment on the morning of Jan 18th and got an appointment for the afternoon of Jan 21st - so just about a 3 day wait. It was definitely more convenient than going to the border. Good luck with your appointment!
do you have a # for edm cic direct?

edmray

Jan 24, 2016
Andy.cic said:
do you have a # for edm cic direct?
There's no direct number. You'll have to call 1 888-242-2100 and an agent will send a request to CIC Edmonton, and then CIC Edmonton will give you a call for the appointment at Canada place. The number shows up as "Unknown" when they call for the appointment...

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
edmray said:
There's no direct number. You'll have to call 1 888-242-2100 and an agent will send a request to CIC Edmonton, and then CIC Edmonton will give you a call for the appointment at Canada place. The number shows up as "Unknown" when they call for the appointment...
thanks +1

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
edmray said:
That's so great. I hope I can get one that fast either. I need to do my landing as soon as possible.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys , can you please share your experience when landing at Edmonton Office.

I see that some ppl got the appointment after 3 days and other after 3 weeks

what document are needed ?

After how many days did you get the PR card?

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
mdotk said:
Guys , can you please share your experience when landing at Edmonton Office.

I see that some ppl got the appointment after 3 days and other after 3 weeks

what document are needed ?

After how many days did you get the PR card?
it was super quick for me.

i got my copr on feb 22, called cic 1800 for appointment on feb 23 (the customer service guy told me 2-3 months wait).

3 hours later i got a call from cic edm. she gave me either feb 25 or mar 2.

all you need is your coprs, passport and any existing valid immigration document (pgwp in my case) and thats all the asked from me.

it is not a bad idea to bring a copy of bank statement (pof).

parking is a headache at Canada place, give yourself an hour before the appointment. (bring lots of change, parking on the street is $3.5/hour)

when you reach the suite in the building, there will be 2 lines (one for citizenship ceremony and other one for landing), make sure you stand in correct line.

all together it took me about 1.5 hours. there is service canada centre in the lower level of the building, after landing you can go there to get you new sin # and there is mall across canada place where you can get your new health card as well.

good luck

hope this helps.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy.cic said:
it was super quick for me.

i got my copr on feb 22, called cic 1800 for appointment on feb 23 (the customer service guy told me 2-3 months wait).

3 hours later i got a call from cic edm. she gave me either feb 25 or mar 2.

all you need is your coprs, passport and any existing valid immigration document (pgwp in my case) and thats all the asked from me.

it is not a bad idea to bring a copy of bank statement (pof).

parking is a headache at Canada place, give yourself an hour before the appointment. (bring lots of change, parking on the street is $3.5/hour)

when you reach the suite in the building, there will be 2 lines (one for citizenship ceremony and other one for landing), make sure you stand in correct line.

all together it took me about 1.5 hours. there is service canada centre in the lower level of the building, after landing you can go there to get you new sin # and there is mall across canada place where you can get your new health card as well.

good luck

hope this helps.
Thanks,

But what do you mean by called CIC 1800 ??