+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I read your post over and I saw that you may mean different.

You can carry a child in a baby carrier attached to you either in front or at the back (legally). People do carry children in front of them quite often here (It is a common practice here). You will be like everyone else.

It is not as common here to carry children on your back. But if you are a Nigerian, you will know we Nigerians do it a lot. And we still do it here. No one will penalize you or accuse you of a wrong doing if you do that. People may look at you with interest or curiosity, but they cannot say you are doing something wrong.

Hope this helps.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My people, good to read your wonderful contributions, Ify RN Oloye toto and all landed senior many thanks for taking time out to share with us.

@Tito yes we sure do understand that RN being a woman will tell the story more than you guys. Glad to hear you met with Oloye and Seglad but am a bit concerned about Dreamteam its quite strange that he has not spoken on this thread for a longed time just hope all is well with him.

RN thanks again for your very insightful contributions and Ify my warm regards to your 5 and quarter year old daughter may Canada favour you all IJN amen.

The application process has slowed down greatly but am not perturbed it just gives me more time to plan and equip myself for the task ahead. Immigration is not an easy decision and up till now i still ask myself if am making the right decision but i believe things will be sorted out even before the PR arrives. Like i have always advised, for us that are still here we need to acquire as much information and skills as we can so as to better immigrant when we land, if you need to lear a trade please go ahead and do it now as no skill is wasted in Oyinbo man's land lol. Making hair, sowing, in house plumbing and basic computer skills will be of some help over there i wld be most surprised anyway if any of us wants to go and land without basic word, Spread sheet and simple data bases application knowledge.

lets keep on keeping on.

Tinu

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good talk Tinu, Canada is not a place one can cover up things OR think one can just jump into without proper planning.

Anyway, half of the nutty issues will be addressed by landed guys as we have all resolved to be our brothers keepers while the remaining 50% will be sorted out by individual. All is well to those that plan well.

Putting-in application and the euphoria of receiving visa should also be matched with landing and the subsequent events that will unfold. Infact the attendant challenges should be considered the more. Above all, with good planning, focus and dedication, S-U-C-C-E-S-S I-S S-U-R-E

Oloye

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RN said:
Hello,
I read your post over and I saw that you may mean different.

dear RN

thanks a lot for your post . its you who do care when reading the post with sincere attention that never leave any birds eye view . thankful to you.yes , you got the point and i also read the two related post. as you may recall, i am a Bangladesh national. i am going to be the father of the first child in my life . we applied for PR and the PPR is hold due to spouse's pregnancy . within next few days , with the grace of god, expecting a baby birth. you know, how do we feel glad to be the father and mother of the first ever new born! taking the birth of it, we really are becoming amazed too. we bought it ie: a baby carrier , among many other staffs last Thursday when we visited doctors on the way. oh,we are now checking things for the new upcoming born! so happy. we wanna practice the baby carrying in the street , its for our interest and desire.in Nigeria, we saw this cultural heritage. i felt so happy seeing Nigerian ways of . in Bangladesh, tribal people practice it so nicely .please pray for us , pray for a healthy baby .

wish you all the best.
remain blessed.

imu

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Hi guys,

I have got a question as regards the school. I am aware that children of new immigrants can get admission in to High school on arrival regardless of the time. Does this apply for college students too?

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
tinuadeadebola said:
The application process has slowed down greatly but am not perturbed it just gives me more time to plan and equip myself for the task ahead. Immigration is not an easy decision and up till now i still ask myself if am making the right decision but i believe things will be sorted out even before the PR arrives. Like i have always advised, for us that are still here we need to acquire as much information and skills as we can so as to better immigrant when we land, if you need to learn a trade please go ahead and do it now as no skill is wasted in Oyinbo man's land lol. Making hair, sowing, in house plumbing and basic computer skills will be of some help over there i wld be most surprised anyway if any of us wants to go and land without basic word, Spread sheet and simple data bases application knowledge.

Tinu
Tinu, that's some wonderful advice. Believe me, I had all along been thinking of what to learn, first to take my mind off this long wait, and that which will create self employed business once in Canada. Guess what?, I am now an apprentice mechanic, it has not been easy though. You know, going under a vehicle, lifting engine blocks and some other heavy parts can be really strenuous. Anyway, I am coping very well now, I am always motivated when I imagine the benefits of learning this trade. You never know, my perceived state of the art auto workshop, could become the one stop service/maintenance centre for all our Naijas in GTA.
But my people, mechanic work no easy o!, believe me I get so tired that sometimes I doze off while standing, or even while walking(bizarre?). Pa Right, I am not joking.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Tinu, that's some wonderful advice. Believe me, I had all along been thinking of what to learn, first to take my mind off this long wait, and that which will create self employed business once in Canada. Guess what?, I am now an apprentice mechanic, it has not been easy though. You know, going under a vehicle, lifting engine blocks and some other heavy parts can be really strenuous. Anyway, I am coping very well now, I am always motivated when I imagine the benefits of learning this trade. You never know, my perceived state of the art auto workshop, could become the one stop service/maintenance centre for all our Naijas in GTA.
But my people, mechanic work no easy o!, believe me I get so tired that sometimes I doze off while standing, or even while walking(bizarre?). Pa Right, I am not joking.
Mechanic is a regulated profession, you will need to do examinations which are in stages before you can apply for a certification/Licence unless you want to be doing it illegally within the 9ja community. I was thinking of learning the trade before i received my pr but when i google searched the trade in canada, i discovered that time is no longer my friend. Mechanic trade is a good one, should you have the time on your side to learn it at school and become certified with the canadian ministry of transportation. Note: that i am not trying to discourage you but to be informe about the requirements.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
seglad said:
Mechanic is a regulated profession, you will need to do examinations which are in stages before you can apply for a certification/Licence unless you want to be doing it illegally within the 9ja community. I was thinking of learning the trade before i received my pr but when i google searched the trade in canada, i discovered that time is no longer my friend. Mechanic trade is a good one, should you have the time on your side to learn it at school and become certified with the canadian ministry of transportation. Note: that i am not trying to discourage you but to be informe about the requirements.
Thank you Seglad, I am not discouraged at all. Infact I find your advice very useful, and would definitely not want to do anything illegal. I will continue to gain the practical experience here in Naija, while preparing for the exams as well. Please I have to run off now, break time will be over in 30mins. I will be dropping a gear/transmission box this afternoon, I need all the strength I can muster.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Naija Pikin said:
Thank you Seglad, I am not discouraged at all. Infact I find your advice very useful, and would definitely not want to do anything illegal. I will continue to gain the practical experience here in Naija, while preparing for the exams as well. Please I have to run off now, break time will be over in 30mins. I will be dropping a gear/transmission box this afternoon, I need all the strength I can muster.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I hope your overalls are as dirty as they get; if not, you never start!

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
spokes said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I hope your overalls are as dirty as they get; if not, you never start!
Pity me now, my overalls are not just dirty, they are sticky. One good thing about this my new trade is that, I have dropped the habit of biting my finger nails, tried a few times, the taste was awful. Wish I was a confectionery mechanic :p :p

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Naija Pikin said:
Pity me now, my overalls are not just dirty, they are sticky. One good thing about this my new trade is that, I have dropped the habit of biting my finger nails, tried a few times, the taste was awful. Wish I was a confectionery mechanic :p :p
Is there any such thing as a confectionery mechanic? ::) Which NOC code? 8)

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spokes said:
Is there any such thing as a confectionery mechanic? ::) Which NOC code? 8)

Smile! Maybe he means errant(confectionary) Mechanic. He may be an errant boy at the moment, bringing tools and buying food for Oga and the seniors. Anyway that is part of the training, he must learn about humility and respect, he will need it here.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Seglad, Awoderu and Naija Child,

I am realy thinking of learning a trade. I carefully study and I think this will be good for us all

LEARN THE P.D.P TRADE( PARTY OF DESPERATE PEOPLE)

It is very lucrative here in Nigeria

Best of luck

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Naija Pikin said:
You Naija Pikin learn mecho...Na lieee. tufia..who dash you? You wey don chop ogufe for office inside A/C tire go they go carry gear box. You better find something else do o. You think say u be small pikin. At ya age if you try carry any engine block, ya back go break piam.

Me, I wan learn Plumbing. But the first day wey i go meet the guy (as in ma Oga) the guy they try through one pipe for Akopwonjo...omo, shit dey smell like rotten fish. I first of all cover my nose but the way my oga take in two hand dey embrase the show Pa Naija Pikin I comot! My liver fail me...I begin vomit. How I wish sey na this kin trade u learn my bother, you no go think of bitting your finger talkless of ya nails.

I no know when I go go back to my oga o. I think say na drawing we go first do, before practical. Ibeg I go do the appreticeship for Canada. Age no dey our side again according to Pa Seglad. I no fit die jare! Or make I go learn Nursing.

Eljo

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Are you serious?a P-H guy?