+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed at niagara border with incorrect original date of entry(Landing Exp)

saro2014

Feb 1, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-mar-2014
AOR Received.
16-apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appl
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-nov-2014
Passport Req..
11-feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2015
LANDED..........
1-march-2015
Hi friends,

Here is my landing experience :)

Landed as Permanent Resident of Canada at Niagara on March 1,2015 but in COPR the original date of entry is showing as October 2013 instead of April 2011.
When i got my passport back on Friday i checked the First name ,Last name ,DOB,country of origin,passport number and even the Last date of entry and I booked tickets with the travels to Niagara with my wife and 2 kids but when i verified the COPR on Saturday night around 11.30 pm I found that original date of entry same as last date of entry.I was so upset because if I resend the COPR and passport its again going to take 2 to 3 weeks of time and not to possible to get the refund from the travels so decided to get help from forum members but unfortunately I was not able to connect with the forum as well.Finally when i decided to give up and resend the COPR i checked at cectoolkit.weebly.com it says that its ok if the date is wrong.(In my elder son's COPR the original date of entry is correct)

On Sunday after reaching Niagara booked taxi and entered to US border came back to canadian immigration office and the officer asked us to wait.Only few people were there and i was the only one who came for landing as PR and when we get our turn the officer asked us to sign the COPR forms.I asked the officer how come its free now and he said that even he was surprised about that and he added yesterday if you came by this time you must have waited at least for 4 hours.When i asked him about the incorrect date he told me that he already found that mistake in his system but not to worry about that and he said that how is it possible for your son to come to canada before you so no worry.Felt very happy after the landing process.
I found that there is forms available online to correct this mistake.
can any senior members reply me about this date problem like should i send them the COPR and passport.
Thanks Forum members for your help and wishing everyone to get their MRS,RPRF and PPRs very soon.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saro2014 said:
Hi friends,

Landed as Permanent Resident of Canada at Niagara on March 1,2014 but in COPR the original date of entry is showing as October 2013 instead of April 2011.
When i got my passport back on Friday i checked the First name ,Last name ,DOB,country of origin,passport number and even the Last date of entry and I booked tickets with the travels to Niagara with my wife and 2 kids but when i verified the COPR on Saturday night around 11.30 pm I found that original date of entry same as last date of entry.I was so upset because if I resend the COPR and passport its again going to take 2 to 3 weeks of time and not to possible to get the refund from the travels so decided to get help from forum members but unfortunately I was not able to connect with the forum as well.Finally when i decided to give up and resend the COPR i checked at cectoolkit.weebly.com they said that its ok if the date is wrong.(In my elder son's COPR the original date of entry is correct)

On Sunday after reaching Niagara booked taxi and entered to US border came back to canadian immigration office and the officer asked us to wait.Only few people were there and i was the only one who came for landing as PR and when we get our turn the officer asked us to sign the COPR forms.I asked the officer how come its free now and he said that even he was surprised about that and he added yesterday if you came by this time you must have waited at least for 4 hours.When i asked him about the incorrect date he told me that he already found that mistake in his system but not to worry about that and he said that how is it possible for your son to come to canada before you so no worry.Felt very happy after the landing process.
can any senior members reply me about this date problem like should i send them the COPR and passport.
Thanks Forum members for your help and wishing everyone to get their MRS,RPRF and PPRs very soon.
Thanks for sharing.

From your and other post earlier, it is evident that VO at border post have capability to correct the errors on COPR.

Cheers!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
saro2014 said:
Hi friends,

Landed as Permanent Resident of Canada at Niagara on March 1,2015 but in COPR the original date of entry is showing as October 2013 instead of April 2011.
When i got my passport back on Friday i checked the First name ,Last name ,DOB,country of origin,passport number and even the Last date of entry and I booked tickets with the travels to Niagara with my wife and 2 kids but when i verified the COPR on Saturday night around 11.30 pm I found that original date of entry same as last date of entry.I was so upset because if I resend the COPR and passport its again going to take 2 to 3 weeks of time and not to possible to get the refund from the travels so decided to get help from forum members but unfortunately I was not able to connect with the forum as well.Finally when i decided to give up and resend the COPR i checked at cectoolkit.weebly.com it says that its ok if the date is wrong.(In my elder son's COPR the original date of entry is correct)

Hi,
you have to start an amendment process by filling up this form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1436E.pdf). There's also a checklist there which will tell you what to do and what to send. The amendment process is minimum 6 months long, so don't be surprise if you will have to wait even longer.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
rks0101 said:
Thanks for sharing.

From your and other post earlier, it is evident that VO at border post have capability to correct the errors on COPR.

Cheers!
Hi,
the VO at the border are CBSA not CIC, so they have no capability to correct all the errors on the CoPR. The date of entry is one of the errors they are not able to fix. In order to do that you have to start an amendment process as I've mentioned in my previous answer.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
nov1061 said:
Hi,
the VO at the border are CBSA not CIC, so they have no capability to correct all the errors on the CoPR. The date of entry is one of the errors they are not able to fix. In order to do that you have to start an amendment process as I've mentioned in my previous answer.
I just received my COPR. Original entry date is incorrectly mentioned as 2014/02/17 instead of 2012/08/18. Last entry date is also incorrect. Can I land as a PR with this COPR or do I need to inform CIC about the errors? Thanks in advance

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
I just received my COPR. Original entry date is incorrectly mentioned as 2014/02/17 instead of 2012/08/18. Last entry date is also incorrect. Can I land as a PR with this COPR or do I need to inform CIC about the errors? Thanks in advance
Hi,
you can land without any problem. You can also call the CIC and ask them to give you an appointment for landing in the local CIC office instead of driving to the border. Landing in the CIC office has a big advantage, because the VO is able to amend all the errors on your CoPR in the system and print out the new correct CoPR on the spot. If you land at the border you will have to go true the 6+ months long amendment process on your own.

Reactions: Tomi2

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
nov1061 said:
Hi,
you can land without any problem. You can also call the CIC and ask them to give you an appointment for landing in the local CIC office instead of driving to the border. Landing in the CIC office has a big advantage, because the VO is able to amend all the errors on your CoPR in the system and print out the new correct CoPR on the spot. If you land at the border you will have to go true the amendment process on your own.
Thanks for the reply. I will check with CIC office. If the available date is not soon then I might to go the border. If I have go through amendment process myself, would you know how long would it take? Would it delay the PR card?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
Thanks for the reply. I will check with CIC office. If the available date is not soon then I might to go the border. If I have go through amendment process myself, would you know how long would it take? Would it delay the PR card?
I really don't know anything about the card, but amendment process is 6+ months long process.
And Toby is unfortunately not the active member of this forum anymore.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
nov1061 said:
I really don't know anything about the card, but amendment process is 6+ months long process.
And Toby is unfortunately not the active member of this forum anymore.
Thank you. Appreciate your response.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Grafton said:
Dont worry about it.
I spoke with a call center agent yesterday and she told me that original entry date doesn't matter. Date of landing as a PR is important. Is it true? If yes then I can go to the border and land instead of waiting for appointment to land at CIC office. My original entry date is incorrect by 2 years. I came in 2012 and the date on COPR is 2014. Would there be any impact on citizenship. Appreciate any inputs. Thanks

saro2014

Feb 1, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-mar-2014
AOR Received.
16-apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appl
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-nov-2014
Passport Req..
11-feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2015
LANDED..........
1-march-2015
nov1061 said:
Hi,
you have to start an amendment process by filling up this form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1436E.pdf). There's also a checklist there which will tell you what to do and what to send. The amendment process is minimum 6 months long, so don't be surprise if you will have to wait even longer.
Hi nov1061,

Thanks for your reply.At this point i don't know whether am going to go through this long process or not but is it mandatory to change the dates?

saro2014

Feb 1, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-mar-2014
AOR Received.
16-apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Appl
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-nov-2014
Passport Req..
11-feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2015
LANDED..........
1-march-2015
Toronto2013 said:
I spoke with a call center agent yesterday and she told me that original entry date doesn't matter. Date of landing as a PR is important. Is it true? If yes then I can go to the border and land instead of waiting for appointment to land at CIC office. My original entry date is incorrect by 2 years. I came in 2012 and the date on COPR is 2014. Would there be any impact on citizenship. Appreciate any inputs. Thanks
Congrats Toronto2013,

As far as i know you can land at the border if the dates are incorrect.In my case the work permit,OHIP and SIN were about to expire so i couldn't wait to book an appointment with CIC where they say 4 to 8 weeks of time.If you have enough time try to book an appointment with CIC where the dates can get corrected because the officer at the border says dates are going to be an issue only if you apply for citizenship (not sure).He says there is no pbm for PR.

Any senior members input would be appreciated. Thanks

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
saro2014 said:
Congrats Toronto2013,

As far as i know you can land at the border if the dates are incorrect.In my case the work permit,OHIP and SIN were about to expire so i couldn't wait to book an appointment with CIC where they say 4 to 8 weeks of time.If you have enough time try to book an appointment with CIC where the dates can get corrected because the officer at the border says dates are going to be an issue only if you apply for citizenship (not sure).He says there is no pbm for PR.

Any senior members input would be appreciated. Thanks
Thanks for the reply. I am not in a hurry so guess I will wait. Hope CIC doesn't make me wait too long for the appointment :)

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys..i m in same situation..just sent the amendment form to CIC..does anyone here ever got response from CIC after sending the Amendment request form.??