+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed as visitor in 2014...still here.

M-A-Grant

May 18, 2018
Hi,

I came to Canada in late 2014 as a visitor from the UK (max 6 months) but I am still here and have not returned home or made any trips abroad during the intervening years of my stay. I've managed to stay under the radar but would appreciate it if someone could tell me what available options I may have to fix my undocumented status (if any?).

Thanks.

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi,

I came to Canada in late 2014 as a visitor from the UK (max 6 months) but I am still here and have not returned home or made any trips abroad during the intervening years of my stay. I've managed to stay under the radar but would appreciate it if someone could tell me what available options I may have to fix my undocumented status (if any?).

Thanks.
People like you are main reason for so many REFUSALS to genuine visitors. And you have guts to ask such things on a legitimate forum.
If you are there for 4 years then you know already what options you have, you don't need to ask anyone.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

Thanks.
You can only fix your status by either leaving Canada and returning, or apply for permanent residence.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
People like you are main reason for so many REFUSALS to genuine visitors. And you have guts to ask such things on a legitimate forum.
If you are there for 4 years then you know already what options you have, you don't need to ask anyone.
Eh, assuming OP has a British passport when they entered Canada, they simply entered (no eTA requirement then) and not needed to apply for a visa, which is a bigger insult to those of us who have to go through the wringer for a TRV.