+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed and didnt declare marriage

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Hi,

Well I understand your situation, u got married but yet to register, DONT DO THAT NOW. forget about that ritual marriage now.

come to india, if you both husband and wife are from same HINDU religion, get married in ARYA SAMAAJ. they will issue marriage certificate and then using that certificate, apply in court or municipal ofc, they will issue valid INDIAN COURT MARRIAGE

if you guys are from different religion then ask your wife to apply for court merriage in india. you don't have to be here when she applies.
most probably you will get date after 1 month. some basic documents required, its very easy.

ALL THE BEST.

3rd option, I have read its easier to get PR(for your wife) then sponsoring. it takes way more time then PR processing time.
you should have read this forum and followed the instructions.
anyways always remember - if there is a WILL, there is a WAY. :)

ronaldo7

Sep 20, 2015
think0911 said:
Hi,

Well I understand your situation, u got married but yet to register, DONT DO THAT NOW. forget about that ritual marriage now.

come to india, if you both husband and wife are from same HINDU religion, get married in ARYA SAMAAJ. they will issue marriage certificate and then using that certificate, apply in court or municipal ofc, they will issue valid INDIAN COURT MARRIAGE

if you guys are from different religion then ask your wife to apply for court merriage in india. you don't have to be here when she applies.
most probably you will get date after 1 month. some basic documents required, its very easy.

ALL THE BEST.

3rd option, I have read its easier to get PR(for your wife) then sponsoring. it takes way more time then PR processing time.
you should have read this forum and followed the instructions.
anyways always remember - if there is a WILL, there is a WAY. :)
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your answers. Its really reassuring that I have not made a blunder out of a mistake. I will visit India and get married again and planning to sponsor my wife now. Although it might take more time but I think its the best way out out this situation. I am worried about the documents which needs to be presented for my marriage. But I think this is not the right forum for the questions. Thanks a lot guys.

dinknow

Mar 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your answers. Its really reassuring that I have not made a blunder out of a mistake. I will visit India and get married again and planning to sponsor my wife now. Although it might take more time but I think its the best way out out this situation. I am worried about the documents which needs to be presented for my marriage. But I think this is not the right forum for the questions. Thanks a lot guys.
How did it go bro? All well?

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does one need to declare to CIC the likely date of one's marriage and engagement? If someone is engaged while the PR is getting processed but the marriage is still 2-3 months away, does an individual need to update CIC?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does one need to declare to CIC the likely date of one's marriage and engagement? If someone is engaged while the PR is getting processed but the marriage is still 2-3 months away, does an individual need to update CIC?

Thanks.
Engagement is not a change in family status. Inform once you've gotten married.

Reactions: kushagra452

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am from India.I got married during my PR was getting processed.I have landed in canada. As I didnt want to interfere during the process. I didnt declare my marriage in India nor register it. My wife is working and has a masters degree just like me. I thought I would go back and get my marriage registered and then apply for sponsership. But I have heard that many documents are required for the process. I know my spouse from 7 years and have letters and conversations to prove it. Would it be a problem if I register my marriage and apply for sponsorship now, if yes what are my other options?
When you go to register a marriage, they will ask you for date of marriage and proofs (like wedding card etc)

My friend got married on 1st June. They registered the marriage on 14th Dec. They got a certificate saying they got married on 1st jun and the certificate was dated 14Dec.

Be VERY careful about the date. Get married in Arya samaj or somewhere again and make that your actual wedding date. For all legal purposes, forget that you are married. If not you will be in big trouble

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Anyone who has faced or is in a similar situation. Need some help.
Please explain your exact circumstances. We can't comment if we don't know what happened.

Indiancreative

Oct 29, 2017
Please explain your exact circumstances. We can't comment if we don't know what happened.
My question is the same one for which the discussion is going on. Landed but didnt declare marriage and marriage not registered anywhere. Will getting remarried after landing and getting the marriage registered after that work ? Just because the earlier marriage before landing was not registered will it not be accepted as a marriage ? CIC is asking for a lot of proofs now like engagement ceremony details, marriage venue, honeymoon details, caterer bill etc? These cannot be provided if one does remarriage.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
My question is the same one for which the discussion is going on. Landed but didnt declare marriage and marriage not registered anywhere. Will getting remarried after landing and getting the marriage registered after that work ? Just because the earlier marriage before landing was not registered will it not be accepted as a marriage ? CIC is asking for a lot of proofs now like engagement ceremony details, marriage venue, honeymoon details, caterer bill etc? These cannot be provided if one does remarriage.
Suggest you to read through this thread instead of repeating the question. Few guys here have given some good advice about how to approach this.

Reactions: hamgha

snehadhakan

Nov 6, 2019
For an applicant who has mentioned his wife on his Canada PR application and has received an ITA, what options does he have in case he cannot produce a marriage certificate in the 60 days granted?

The issue is that the BMC has given me an appointment for 23rd December, 2019 for marriage registration but the last day for me to submit my documents is 1st December, 2019.

We do have a certificate of marriage from Arya Samaj Mandir, where we got married under the Hindu Marriage Act, but we haven’t got a chance to register the same before that. I am going to the BMC office frequently, requesting them to grant me an earlier appointment and have explained them my reasons. I’m still waiting for them to co-operate. I shall update over here, in case they decide to grant us an earlier date.

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
For an applicant who has mentioned his wife on his Canada PR application and has received an ITA, what options does he have in case he cannot produce a marriage certificate in the 60 days granted?

The issue is that the BMC has given me an appointment for 23rd December, 2019 for marriage registration but the last day for me to submit my documents is 1st December, 2019.

We do have a certificate of marriage from Arya Samaj Mandir, where we got married under the Hindu Marriage Act, but we haven’t got a chance to register the same before that. I am going to the BMC office frequently, requesting them to grant me an earlier appointment and have explained them my reasons. I’m still waiting for them to co-operate. I shall update over here, in case they decide to grant us an earlier date.
you can attach the certificate that you have got from mandir and translate it if its not in English with an IRCC official translator and explain the same in LOE. Go ahead and submit your profile you can mention the date and update the official marriage certificate via webform once you have it.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015

Either submit the Arya Samaj certificate and letter of explanation or decline the ITA and hope you get another one in subsequent round. What is you score?