+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lag gai Mohar baiiii.... Rabba sab da bhala karin ....

harmandeep_86

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
mr.russ said:
Congrats on getting visa!!!!

I've also applied for BAPT at SAIT Jan 13 but the decision is still pending. My documents were submitted for assessment on Sep 19 and it's been more than 8 weeks since then. Earlier I've been in touch with Kelly from International Centre, but haven't heard from her for over a week now. There is no response on my emails and whenever I call them a get into an answering machine. I'm really frustrated because there is not much time left to apply for study permit, provided that I'm given a seat. I would welcome any advice from you as a person, who has successfully gone through the whole process.
And two questions:
Who was your contact at SAIT?
Have your taken up-front medical examination?
Kelly is my representative.
Yes, i took up-front medical examination .

Some times kelly is out of office, so she take a while to reply the e-mails. She responds earlier to her e-mail than phone as phone always goes to answering machine.

angelaman

Sep 27, 2012
Phagwara
Visa Office......
CHC CHG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-DEC-2012
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall
File Transfer...
5-DEC-2012
Med's Done....
26-NOV-12
Interview........
No Need
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-12
LANDED..........
24-12-12
harmandeep_86 said:
I got my visa today ... here i come Alberta ...
10-66%
12th-60%
B.Tech-51%
M.Tech-81%
Applied for Petroleum Engineering (2 years Course) in SAIT.

Applied on 7th November and got stamped passport today.

congratulation harmandeep ...have a safe journey....:)

harmandeep_86

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
HBK said:
Congrats..

What could be the best example than this?, for those who believe going for lower level course than previous one minimize your chances for visa
yeah initially i was afraid ... attached a strong SOP ... and got through ... Thanks to the forum

NadiaSamir

Nov 2, 2011
I have also applied for SAIT UNIVERSITY but I will have to do ELF program. Degree course is still under process, under evaluation.

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
@HBK

Hey there......I'd like to tell you something here about the level of the chosen program by harmandeep_86

This is an APPLIED DEGREE and not a diploma or PG diploma. Furthermore, the applied degree especially designed for professionals from physical sciences and engineering technology industry in order to work effectively and successfully in petroleum industry.

This degree only welcomes professionals from physical sciences(geology, chemistry, physics, geophysics) and engineering technology(chemical, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control etc.) Source: http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/full-time-studies/applied-degrees/bachelor-of-applied-technology-petroleum-engineering-overview/admission-and-selection.php

Previously, harmandeep_86 might have done very conventional degree programs like B.Tech and M.Tech and his proposed study(BAPT Program) is specially crafted for future betterment in gas and oil sector.

Thus, its is a special program rather can say APPLIED Program and one should not get confused with its level of program.

Hope this helps!

Mandeep

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
@ HBK

Applied degree is the special degree crafted for work in the respective field/industry which has a lot demand. And it incorporates multidisciplinary approach. Anyone who is graduated/professional with respect to the APPLIED degree's discipline is eligible for it because, their professional/conventional studies don't include each and every subject or work experience of that field which they are going to join after completing the degree.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, I just talked about in context of "APPLIED degree" and not any certificate/diploma/pgdiploma. So, it doesn't need to get confused with all these degree level program. Hence, it has some other evaluation criteria for VO.

However, sometimes applied degrees are available as a baccalaureate degree in some universities.

mdpandya

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
HBK said:
Hi,

You may reconsider to read my posts again in this thread. no where i am targeting OP or particular course.

What i said in terms of general and have proved it with supportive examples.
That is true but since this discussion is in the context of APPLIED degree and its selection, I just shared my views.

para bacha22

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI (UAE)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats harmandeep Brother :)

Could you please attached your SOP may it will helpful for me

Many thanks

mani.star

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June 2013
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
23 June 2013
IELTS Request
Already submitted
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harmandeep_86 said:
I got my visa today ... here i come Alberta ...
10-66%
12th-60%
B.Tech-51%
M.Tech-81%
Applied for Petroleum Engineering (2 years Course) in SAIT.

Applied on 7th November and got stamped passport today.
Sardar G.. Sadi v mohar lawa do yaaar!!!