+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LA embassy.

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does LA take to process cases ? Please share your experience. Are they as fast as Detroit or NY ?

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, my file got transferred to LA embassy, recently. Not sure if the move should be viewed as positive or negative (or neutral, for that matter). I just want to know what kind of timeline to expect ...

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
They transfer the file because to shift their workload, you don't need to worry, sometimes it is more faster than the original post and sometimes it get delayed couple of months as they assign new IO. You can consider this neutral and wait for their next response. Timeline depends on how many months ago you applies and where you are at, if you are waiting for medical than you should expect in 3 months with some document request (PCC), this is just my guess - you can go to trackitt.com to see and compare your case with same applicants whose case were transferred to LA.

AMD

Jan 17, 2009
LA Consulate is worst, they scrutinize a lot as compare to others.
But dont worry, its not the same always.

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hey Guys

Here is my LA Consulate exp: I applied in nov 2007 at Bufflo,NY
My file transfered to LA office in Feb 2008, they asked me for IELTS submitted in Aug 2008, they called for interview on OCT 2008 ,
they asked for medicals on Nov 2008, submitted Dec 2008, got letter today to submit my Passport for stamping.

My Exp with LA Visa officers is really kool. They took interview 30 mins she is really polite and good, but they will delay the process i Guess not sure.

All the best

Thanks
Sriram

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Looks like took almost same time as any other consulate, but I do agree they usually call for interview if I am not mistaken.

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
There was no interview for me. The following are the timelines.

File transferred to LA - End of January
Medicals requested - May
Passport request - August
Visa Issued - August.