+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"KIT APPLICATION FORMS" - IRCC asked me to fill out "Kit Application Forms" for my dependents (child and common law partner)

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what are the specific forms for what IRCC called as "KIT Application Forms"? IRCC asked me to fill out these forms for my child and common law partner in order to complete my PR application, just pending to provide me the ECOPR.

Thank you

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Hello,

My understanding is that the information they sent (I pasted such information in next post after this one) is for when I am sponsor to my partner in law, however I am NOT sponsoring her yet, I am just adding her as a dependent to my application hence later on, as soon as I get my ECOPR (still waiting for it) we will be applying for the sponsorship.

That being said, the forms that I just uploaded were:
  • Form IMM0008 - Where I included my common law partner and my child (yes, IRCC asked to include my child even she is a Canadian citizen born, just have her record as my dependent).
  • Form IMM5406e - Where I included my direct family information and also my indirect family such as parents and siblings and also where they are living, if they are alive or not, etc. I guess this form is only to have information of your family members no matter if your are not sponsoring them.
In conclusion and based on the information I have learned and investigated on this process:
  1. Form IMM0008 has the purpose to inform IRCC that you have dependents that you will be, eventually, sponsoring them and/or you are sponsoring them as well, for my case, I was asked to fill out this form just to add my family as a dependent at this moment.
  2. Form IMM5406e gathers family form which is one of the application forms contained in every application package for Permanent Residence for Canada. The purpose of this form is to provide IRCC with information about your family members - your spouse, parents, children and siblings.

I am still waiting IRCC to provide me feedback on this 2 Forms that I just uploaded 2 weeks ago, hopefully by the end of this month I can get an update and I can let you know how it went.

Anyway, here is the answer from IRCC but it just got me confused since I am not sponsoring my common law partner yet, they just asked me to include her and my child as a dependent.

*** I will put information sent by IRCC to me in next link since this message is too long ***

Last edited:

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member
If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.
To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request by using the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:
Useful tips
  • If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.
Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.
*If you have applied under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs (AIPP), please follow the instructions under Changes in family composition on our website.
Add-on - Application to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.
To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
and
  • The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
Useful tips:
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only the add-on request is required.
  • Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
  • If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
We hope that this information will facilitate the process of family reunification.
Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.
For more information on what to expect after a sponsorship application is submitted, please visit the What to expect after you apply section of the sponsorship guide.
Letter of explanation
If you are applying online and would like to include a letter of explanation, we invite you to attach the letter in the Client information field.
If further information or additional documents are required, the responsible office may contact you:
  • At the phone number you provided, or
  • By email, to the address provided when you created your account,
    • the email will advise you to verify the Check status and messages section of your account for specific details.
Free newcomer services in your area
Friendly and experienced settlement professionals can help you feel at home in Canada.
They can help you:
  • Look for a job,
  • Get a language assessment,
  • Register for language classes,
  • Find a place to live,
  • Learn about community services.
To find free services near you, we invite you to consult our website.
Application processing times
Our processing times show how long it took us to process most applications in the past for each application type. As we process more applications and clear our inventories, the numbers will change. The numbers shown may not reflect how long it will take us to process an application you submit today.
Since the Check application processing times page is updated regularly, we invite you to consult it often to get the most recent information.
For more information, please visit our website to find out how we calculate processing times.
How to submit your feedback
Your feedback is important to us. You may submit a comment, compliment or complaint about IRCC services, performance or processes, such as:
  • Application processing times,
  • Services,
  • Fees or refunds,
  • Online tools or the IRCC website,
  • Policy and legislation,
  • Etc.
In order to do so, please fill out the feedback form available on our website.​

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you: