November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
maty_1319 said:
YEAH to those hearing from POS and getting passports returned. Great to see so many are ending this process.

basl - apply for the visitor's visa but if denied think of applying for a US visitor's visa as well. The US seems A LOT less strict on the visa front and you and he taking trips to the US together will help your application. If you can. Don't stress if you can't.
I did hear that because it will prove that he will return to Jamaica and not hide in Canada. Thanks for the advance.

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
basl_jhjm said:
I did hear that because it will prove that he will return to Jamaica and not hide in Canada. Thanks for the advance.
You can apply for the Canadian Visa, but I have to be honest - since I have been on here and from my own personal experience, it is a waste of money! The way they see it is after you are married, why would your hubby leave now? It is totally up to you, but based on all of the people on the forum that have tried including myself to get a visitor's visa and been denied, your chances are slim.

I am not 100% sure on the US Visa as we didn't try for that until after he landed (which he did get as PR of Canada), but my mother in law applied for a US visa and was denied for the same reasons they gave hubby here - unless you (meaning hubby) have $$, he own's property in JA, has a job and very strong ties to have to go back to Jamaica, they aren't just handing them out either!

Sorry to be so blunt, but I figure while I was in the process, I would have rather known the truth up front and not got my hopes up than have someone tell me if may be possible and then have my world shattered when I find out the truth! I hope I haven't offended or upset anyone!

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
PinkyM said:
You can apply for the Canadian Visa, but I have to be honest - since I have been on here and from my own personal experience, it is a waste of money! The way they see it is after you are married, why would your hubby leave now? It is totally up to you, but based on all of the people on the forum that have tried including myself to get a visitor's visa and been denied, your chances are slim.

I am not 100% sure on the US Visa as we didn't try for that until after he landed (which he did get as PR of Canada), but my mother in law applied for a US visa and was denied for the same reasons they gave hubby here - unless you (meaning hubby) have $$, he own's property in JA, has a job and very strong ties to have to go back to Jamaica, they aren't just handing them out either!

Sorry to be so blunt, but I figure while I was in the process, I would have rather known the truth up front and not got my hopes up than have someone tell me if may be possible and then have my world shattered when I find out the truth! I hope I haven't offended or upset anyone!
Thank you for the truth. It is hard to hear sometimes but i need all the help and advance i can get. So thank you. I wish Canada wasnt go difficult sometimes. I guess it is sounding like getting married in Jamaica and waiting the 2 years for him to be able to come here.

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
basl_jhjm said:
Thank you for the truth. It is hard to hear sometimes but i need all the help and advance i can get. So thank you. I wish Canada wasnt go difficult sometimes. I guess it is sounding like getting married in Jamaica and waiting the 2 years for him to be able to come here.
A wedding in Jamaica is beautiful! I know that the posted times are very intimidating - the waiting is very difficult and will test the strength of your relationship every single day, but as some have already said, when he finally arrives, it will be as if he was always here. The time will have seemed so short once its over. When are you getting married?

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
PinkyM said:
A wedding in Jamaica is beautiful! I know that the posted times are very intimidating - the waiting is very difficult and will test the strength of your relationship every single day, but as some have already said, when he finally arrives, it will be as if he was always here. The time will have seemed so short once its over. When are you getting married?
We are not 100% sure on the wedding date. It depended on the location Jamaica vs Canada. If it is going to be Jamaica, we are thinking Summer or October. We were going to do March but we wanted a few more visits in before the wedding.

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
ballasgirl said:
Soooo.. it arrived this evening in Jamaica, but they called to let him know and it wasn't enough time that he had to get there and they closed at 5, so tomorrow morning he will get it back and then Friday he will fly out as it's way cheaper/his friends that are there and their families are flying same flight..God is good. :) :) like the other message said, POS hang in there, they really are workin on getting them out!
Way to go, that's good news

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hello again and thanks everyone for your kind words and support cause really it does mean a lot when you're going through this.. yes he has it in his hands now and his flight was booked today for tomorrow.. so now anything he should know other than to hold onto that paper with his life and have a pen for airplane and 25/ for bag... that it? lol I am SO nervous..

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
congrats ballasgirl on finally ending this torturous process. Be very overjoyed its all over 8) ;D ;D
Everytime I come on here and see that someone has gotten back their passport, it give s me hope that maybe they are really working slowly............... :mad: :mad:

Did you email Kingston or POS, and what did you ask them.

I want to email them but I am not sure if I should.

Hello again and thanks everyone for your kind words and support cause really it does mean a lot when you're going through this.. yes he has it in his hands now and his flight was booked today for tomorrow.. so now anything he should know other than to hold onto that paper with his life and have a pen for airplane and 25/ for bag... that it? lol I am SO nervous..
[/quote]

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Just so sick and tired of this long drawn out mess. I feel like I am close to losing my mind. WE are in our third year of marriage and living apart, just tired of this sh** that is immigration. BY the time , they are done with you, your on life support!!!!
So pissed off that everyday I check ecas and email, it says the same dam thing its been saying since October. Like what are they doing so long. They received his passport from December 3rd and nothing since then. just so fed up right now.....

MrsK

Dec 5, 2014
I hear you jacwife,my situation sounds identical, everyday it's just a waiting game hoping for the pp to be returned or at least am email from Kingston saying soon come but nothing and it's sucking the life out of me and my husband, this last section is immigrations version of hell on earth

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
jacwife said:
Just so sick and tired of this long drawn out mess. I feel like I am close to losing my mind. WE are in our third year of marriage and living apart, just tired of this sh** that is immigration. BY the time , they are done with you, your on life support!!!!
So pissed off that everyday I check ecas and email, it says the same dam thing its been saying since October. Like what are they doing so long. They received his passport from December 3rd and nothing since then. just so fed up right now.....
He there I feel your frustration and pain. The good thing that I love about this forum is thst we are all family and connected in some way. Hang in there hon, it's tough being apart from your love one especially when you are checking status of application and u keep seeing in progress of which ever stage it's at, trust me I'm at that stage presently but hold faith hon you have come a long way and is at the end so don't give up keep the faith.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Well we emailed Pos yesterday to ask them the status of hubby passport because we have a vacation planned to visit the US in feb. So far no reply from them but waiting to see what they will say. We are here remaining positive as possible as we wait for POOS.

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
guyanese24 said:
Well we emailed Pos yesterday to ask them the status of hubby passport because we have a vacation planned to visit the US in feb. So far no reply from them but waiting to see what they will say. We are here remaining positive as possible as we wait for POOS.

Good evening Jamfam and a happy New Year to you all. Let me congratulate everyone who has gotten back their pp recently. I have some good news, received an email from Kingston today requesting pp for my son and myself.....i'm so excited.....finally....yeah

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
lonelymrs said:
Happy New Year everyone !! Just checking in still holding on and waiting on the blue book :( I was wondering if anyone knows of any good lawyers in Toronto ?
Hi lonelymrs, nadine mahabeer is a very good consultant google her for her number in toronto.

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
jacwife said:
Jackwife CIC had your PP for far too long In my opinion, I would be under the assuption that we all have different immigration officers and some working better than others, I don't know what else to tell you…. Just don't give up, your next on the Jamfam list, I feel your pain.Almost done