+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
ballasgirl said:
Haha so sorry, I just looked at the picture not the name.. too much of a green Christmas lol thanks to all of you ladies, and congrats same way to all of u who have their huzzies now or are soon reuniting! Wish I got to send mine to Kingston, but such is life.. the wait is killer lol

Have you heard anything from Trinidad yet? I checked my ecas and it says medical results received.

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
So far all I have is confirmation that Trinidad and Tobago High Commission has received it.. I sent an email today which I hope got there and asked if everything is okay with the "way-bill" back or whatever u guys called it haha so far nothing with the fedex # I was given either. Tomorrow is 2 days short of 2 weeks they have had it if I consider the 2 days of holidays.. they received it 16th so it will be 2 weeks almost now. :( sucks.. I got so excited for christmas, then excited for family christmas on sat night and nothing and now new years approaching I feel like crawling in a hole and dying.. lol last year this time I was there so it blows big chunks lol I'm crossing fingers toes and everything possible of crossing that it comes back soon cause he may have a mad wife by time he arrives lmao lol

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I sent in my in Canada withdrawal for my application for spousal sponsor on Dec 13 hoping I hear back soon I want too send in my out of Canada application times ticking and no news back yet that my in Canada application is closed

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
maty_1319 said:
Jojrob1 - just an FYI but I had my meat patty taken from me despite the fact it was cooked and declared. I was told - in very specific terms and in secondary inspection - that you cannot trasport meat even if cooked. The only exception is coming from the US - you can take meat back from the US.
Thanks for letting me know i appreciate it.

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
ballasgirl said:
So far all I have is confirmation that Trinidad and Tobago High Commission has received it.. I sent an email today which I hope got there and asked if everything is okay with the "way-bill" back or whatever u guys called it haha so far nothing with the fedex # I was given either. Tomorrow is 2 days short of 2 weeks they have had it if I consider the 2 days of holidays.. they received it 16th so it will be 2 weeks almost now. :( sucks.. I got so excited for christmas, then excited for family christmas on sat night and nothing and now new years approaching I feel like crawling in a hole and dying.. lol last year this time I was there so it blows big chunks lol I'm crossing fingers toes and everything possible of crossing that it comes back soon cause he may have a mad wife by time he arrives lmao lol

Ballasgirl,

Its funny but I am rocking in the same boat as you. They received my package on December 3rd according to DHL. I have not heard anything back except that they updated ecas to medical received. I feel the same way as you. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to see movement but I was expecting that my husband would have gotten back his passport by now. I JUST feel like NOW KINGSTON IS moving faster than POS. we should not have had to suffer this additional anxiety because of their backlog. Did you get confirmation from POS that they received the package? What email did you use? I was wondering if I should email and ask them, but I also don't want them to feel like we are bothering them.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
jacwife said:
Ballasgirl,

Its funny but I am rocking in the same boat as you. They received my package on December 3rd according to DHL. I have not heard anything back except that they updated ecas to medical received. I feel the same way as you. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to see movement but I was expecting that my husband would have gotten back his passport by now. I JUST feel like NOW KINGSTON IS moving faster than POS. we should not have had to suffer this additional anxiety because of their backlog. Did you get confirmation from POS that they received the package? What email did you use? I was wondering if I should email and ask them, but I also don't want them to feel like we are bothering them.
Our package got to pos dec 8th and it is 3 weeks today. It is very frustrating!! Happy that we are nearing the end but this waiting feels so unfair for us. I had high hopes he would be here for Christmas but that didn't happen. I am actually going down there tomorrow so we can spend NYE together. Really really really hoping and praying that we get the pp back before I need to come home so he can come HOME with me. Good luck to all that are waiting.

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Hi guys! just passing by, ballasgirl and jacwife guess we are all in the same boat, they got my husband passport on Dec 18th no word back yet! praying for an update soon! this process give you anxiety lol

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Our package got to pos dec 8th and it is 3 weeks today. It is very frustrating!! Happy that we are nearing the end but this waiting feels so unfair for us. I had high hopes he would be here for Christmas but that didn't happen. I am actually going down there tomorrow so we can spend NYE together. Really really really hoping and praying that we get the pp back before I need to come home so he can come HOME with me. Good luck to all that are waiting.
Safe trip THOR!!!! Happy New Year to you and Hubby.... and for sure, keeping fingers crossed and prayers high that he gets word to fly back with you :) :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Have a safe trip !! Enjoy to the max and I will pray for you to get the passport while u there !! :-* :-* :-*

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
Thanks for the advice. I am leaving tonight to visit him in Jamaica for two weeks. Is it best to start the paperwork now for the marriage in march? We are getting married in his church. I am glad i have someone to talk to. Alot of people dont understand my decisions.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
basl_jhjm said:
Thanks for the advice. I am leaving tonight to visit him in Jamaica for two weeks. Is it best to start the paperwork now for the marriage in march? We are getting married in his church. I am glad i have someone to talk to. Alot of people dont understand my decisions.
Welcome to the JAMFAM!! You will find everyone very helpful and supportive. You can start filling in the paperwork but you cannot file until you have your marriage certificate. I suggest that you take your time, start filling in paperwork and take it all down there when you get married to have him sign. Then when you are back from wedding you can send it all on right away with marriage certificate. CIC website has a checklist which is very helpful. Also he will need to get a police certificate and do medicals. He may want to start those about a month before you are going to apply. Depending on where he lives PC can take up to 21 days and is cheaper than express. Start with the checklist and print out all the forms then you can fill some out online to be printed as well. Oh he will also need to get 8 photos. Good luck and feel free to ask questions.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Ninirae said:
Safe trip THOR!!!! Happy New Year to you and Hubby.... and for sure, keeping fingers crossed and prayers high that he gets word to fly back with you :) :)
Thanks Nini!! We are hoping to just have fun, relax and try not to stress about this crazy effen process (very hard for me...lol). Praying that the pp gets moving by next mon so can bring him home with me. Will devastate me to have to leave him behind this time more than ever.

Happy New Year's to you all!! Those lucky enough to have spouse home...enjoy your first together on Canadian soil. To those still waiting good luck and wish we have good news soon.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
Have a safe trip !! Enjoy to the max and I will pray for you to get the passport while u there !! :-* :-* :-*
Thanks Mel! We hope so as well. Will be nice to be in the heat for NYE having a few rum drinks ;D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Thanks Nini!! We are hoping to just have fun, relax and try not to stress about this crazy effen process (very hard for me...lol). Praying that the pp gets moving by next mon so can bring him home with me. Will devastate me to have to leave him behind this time more than ever.

Happy New Year's to you all!! Those lucky enough to have spouse home...enjoy your first together on Canadian soil. To those still waiting good luck and wish we have good news soon.
It's Murphy's Law.... you will come home Monday and he will get his PP back by Wednesday or something... lol!!! He's coming home, I'm just sorry it's taken them so long to get it back to you :(