waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good evening Jam Fam....
Just sitting here on a lonely Friday evening, waiting impatiently for Ninirae's landing story and also for more PPR excitement. Here's hoping for a stellar PPR week coming up. How about 1 each day for 5 days in a row Kingston???

It's been just over 8 months since we applied and hearing other people's good news helps pass the time and make me forget how impatient I am.

I called CIC the other day and they said that our application is still in Kingston, so maybe December 31st is the cut-off for files being sent to Port of Spain? I ordered my first set of notes so I should be getting those next week, although I'm pretty confident there will be nothing of interest in them!! I'll just consider it my $5.00 donation to our lovely government. :D

Keeping the chant going...

PPR!!! PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!! PPR !!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
palara said:
I try lolol.... I hate the bombs and the chocolate the same time but it helps pass the time when I'm not daydreaming about hubby or going back to JA...yeah me too for the shows....my cooking styles is Jamaican with Canadian twist lolol
Same here!! Its always good to mix both style lolll

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
I was LITERALLY just playing candy crush... BAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love watching wedding shows on TLC on Friday nights... I still do it even though I'm already married and he is here.
I make photo books of the MANY pictures I take. I'm in the process of making our Trash The Dress type photos we did in Jamaica on our family moon with my BFF who is a photographer.

before he got here though i passed the time with volunteering, school, and lots of jobs.

bieraumane

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2013
Doc's Request.
September 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
December 18 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 12 2015
LANDED..........
February 12 2015
Hi FamJam

Is anyone knows what it means exactly when your file says "in process"

Thanks

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
bieraumane said:
Hi FamJam

Thanks
Means they working on ur file. Interview have been waived and ur almost at the end! Congrats

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Good Morning Jam Fam,

So last night on my way out to the store, i checked my mailbox....in it i found a letter from citizen and immigration in Mississauga...i got really nervous because the last time i checked on the file thru my MP i was told my husband was being sent a letter to redo PC which he has yet to receive...
so i opened it and it was dated sept 5th the same date as they said my husbands letter went out...i began to read and it says to conclude my application i must pay $490 (Permanent Residence Fee) within 30 days. Does this mean that all my husband will need to do is provide that PC and after i pay, he will get his PPR? It says to conclude....which would mean end. Im confused, i take it he skips the interview, and meds extended...

Has anyone else received this letter?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
bieraumane said:
Hi FamJam

Thanks
That sounds like good news Bieraumane bc means they are working on your file!! Did you redo and send in your new PC and meds as they requested? Did you end up emailing them to see if your meds will be extended instead?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Jah-Canadian said:
Good Morning Jam Fam,

So last night on my way out to the store, i checked my mailbox....in it i found a letter from citizen and immigration in Mississauga...i got really nervous because the last time i checked on the file thru my MP i was told my husband was being sent a letter to redo PC which he has yet to receive...
so i opened it and it was dated sept 5th the same date as they said my husbands letter went out...i began to read and it says to conclude my application i must pay $490 (Permanent Residence Fee) within 30 days. Does this mean that all my husband will need to do is provide that PC and after i pay, he will get his PPR? It says to conclude....which would mean end. Im confused, i take it he skips the interview, and meds extended...

Has anyone else received this letter?
Oh wow JahC sounds like you are nearing the end as well!!! Pay right away so that they can send out the PPR!! Have you checked CIC to see if you have gone to "in process" as well?

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Oh wow JahC sounds like you are nearing the end as well!!! Pay right away so that they can send out the PPR!! Have you checked CIC to see if you have gone to "in process" as well?

I havent checked cic ecas, i gave up on that a long time ago because every time they said they couldnt find anything based on the info i provided yet i knew i was putting in the proper info.i would get sooooooooo mad everytime. lol it has never worked for me not once! but my friend gets in fine with the same info so i have her check periodically. after payment and pc redo submitted i will have her check again.

i will pay it asap(they only gave me 30 days?), im not sure if thats all they are waiting on, the payment and pc redo, then passport request....but i could be wrong because nothing about this process has made sense, nor does it guide or guarantee anything until it actually happens!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Wow bieraumane and Jah-Canadian it smells the end for you guys! :eek: Don't procrastinate and do as they asked ASAP. I would do almost anything to be in your shoes right now, you are truly blessed!

If they didn't ask for a new medical it means they've extend it because security is the last step in this process. It also mean that they trust your relationship to be bonafide (genuine), therefore no interview required. Good for you both! Do whatever in your power not to delay the processing time any further, this is the only moment we have control over when they contact us to require additional documents.

Does both of your files have been transfer to POS? They seem to work way faster than KG!

Way to go! Keep us posted :)

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
cafelatte02 said:
Wow bieraumane and Jah-Canadian it smells the end for you guys! :eek: Don't procrastinate and do as they asked ASAP. I would do almost anything to be in your shoes right now, you are truly blessed!

If they didn't ask for a new medical it means they've extend it because security is the last step in this process. It also mean that they trust your relationship to be bonafide (genuine), therefore no interview required. Good for you both! Do whatever in your power not to delay the processing time any further, this is the only moment we have control over when they contact us to require additional documents.

Does both of your files have been transfer to POS? They seem to work way faster than KG!

Way to go! Keep us posted :)

my file is still in kingston, but i had submitted a complete file over 200 pictures and a 5 page front and back story on our relationship, as well as i had my MP call every 6-8 weeks for me to get updates...up until sept 5th there had been no progress on my file and now sept 13th and its almost done?!!! but not yet...still a couple steps...its not over until he touches canadian soil DAT MI A TELL YOH!!!!

hold the faith ladies, somehow it seems to work out. I PRAY FOR ALL YOU PATIENT WIVES AND HUSBANDS TO BE BLESSED WITH A PPR BEFORE THE END OF 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE LOVE JAM FAM

palara

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 22, 2013
File Transfer...
December 5, 2013
Med's Done....
May 28,2013
Howdy Doody Folks,

Great news for bieraumane and Jah-Canadian looks like both VO are trying to move the cases out to keep us on our toes and guessing but whatever the case maybe lets hope they keep it up :D

JANAIDIAN MRS: I love the TLC channel say yes to the dress, 4 wedding and especially 19 kids cuz im astonish how one lady could have that many kids and how they can not test out the car before you buy it meaning no kissing just holding hands...that's y her daughter who got married in June 2014 is now 3mth preggy...dwrcl :p

yqm_fa

Oct 30, 2012
Hello. I'm a newbie. Please be patient lol

I am new to this group. Been reading that last few pages and see a lot of the same stories as us.
My husband received an email this week with his UCI# and bottom of page said POS. what does mean exactly ? Is it good ? Bad ? Argh !
I've received that same email in jan 2014. We applied in dec 2013 .... Also where can I look see of Meds/ PC have been ext ?
Any info would help.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
yqm_fa said:

I am new to this group. Been reading that last few pages and see a lot of the same stories as us.
My husband received an email this week with his UCI# and bottom of page said POS. what does mean exactly ? Is it good ? Bad ? Argh !
I've received that same email in jan 2014. We applied in dec 2013 .... Also where can I look see of Meds/ PC have been ext ?
Any info would help.
Hi there And welcome
It means your file is in Trinidad, reason being Kingston have a backlog so they helping them out. Police record is good thru 9 months after 9 months it's expired so you eventually have to redo them unless your one of the lucky ones who gets thru early. Meds is good thru 12 months but can be extended, but keep fingers cross and welcome again!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
yqm_fa said:

Any info would help.
Welcome to the Jam/Pos Fam Yqm_fa,

Should you have noticed already Kingston immigration office have a huge backlog in processing the applications, POS office were asked to help them out. That is probably a good thing for you because most of the VO's in the KG office are slow like "whoa" and POS are treating some of the files as fast as a lightening!

If you want to inquire about the specifics of your file, you can do so at the email address mentioned at the bottom of your letter. Should be the email address of POS and they answer very quickly too, KG takes months to answer if they feel like it, or don't answer at all...

Could you share your timeline with us? Sammystorm will be able to add you on the spreedsheet that she update for our forum members stats. Here's the link just so you know what it looks like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai2mGk1woSIZdEFDeGlyYlVCS0x0T3BndGhOeWo3ZXc

Wishing you all the best and keep us posted. You can count on us to share your ups and down, we are all going through the same journey so we know how it's like and support each other.