Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good morning Kingston workers and forum friends! Blessings to you all!

I was starting to get the same impression that vacations were happening.....it is just too quiet....people are waiting over a month for passports to be returned and that isn't normal.

Passports to be returned: Sakia, Kerolsgirl, samll1, waitingonforever, trudybuff, jamaicalove, tamarindball.....come kingston, let's reunite these families this week.
GCMS notes: we got a few people waiting for their notes to be returned this week so praying those get sent out before the holidays start!
There is your update for today! Hope you all have a good day and talk to you soon.

Joel Osteen Ministries
July 25
If you ever find yourself overwhelmed and don't see anything good in your future, get in agreement with God and say, "God, I know You've got a good plan. You've got brighter days in store for me up ahead."

Stay blessed everyone!

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
Can't login to Ecas today. This process is taking its toll. Seriously considering giving up.

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
mrsbrown said:
Can't login to Ecas today. This process is taking its toll. Seriously considering giving up.
Don't give up, this is a long and difficult road I know, but some day we will all look back at this and laugh......the laughing part may take several years to get to, but never the less, it will all be a distant memory and will have all been worth it when hubby is at home with you and life is normal (whatever that means!) Keep smiling and try not to think about how long the road is.....focus on the small goals, like maybe the next visit to see hubby. I find it passes the time quicker to count down to the smaller things instead of what seems like an eternity away.

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
@ Mrs Brown...I feel weird calling some one else Mrs. Brown because that is my title aswel (real title)...dont give up darlin..I have felt like giving up many times but I keep telling myself "its ALL worth it" and just think of those kisses and hugs we all miss from our spouses...look forward to those..I will assure you this will make you feel better ;)

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Yes dont give up! its hard for all of us but we need to stay focus on the big picture. We all go through our ups and downs :( soon it will be over may not been soon enough but soon :D

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
mrsbrown said:
Don't give up Mrs. Brown!! Whenever I am feeling frustrated and angry at this process, I always think back to when my application was being processed in Mississauga and how it seemed like an eternity waiting to hear something! Each day that passed felt like a year and now I look back and I think, wow...that went by so fast!
In this moment you feel weighed down by this but when the day comes when your husband is home with you, all of this will be forgotten!! Stay strong!

Jul 28, 2013
Hello. I am from Canada, and my boyfriend is from Jamaica. We have decided to have a civil court wedding in a few months (In Jamaica). I wanted to know the process, cost, and things needed to do when dealing with a "court wedding". I have read the process online but so many websites are saying so many different things, to where it is becoming confusing and I do not know which ones are authentic. Thank you for your help.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Hi Chickie.Thanks for that awesome quote.I posted last night that Kgn hadn't replied to me despite sending them about two emails. Well just now I noticed they inbox me to say " Passport received and application at the final stage of process". So seems like someone was probably lurking, if they really do, never too sure what's going on with them, and am very grateful for the response and will continue to wait. I didn't realise there were 6 other passports to be returned. Wow.

chickie72 said:
Good morning Kingston workers and forum friends! Blessings to you all!

I was starting to get the same impression that vacations were happening.....it is just too quiet....people are waiting over a month for passports to be returned and that isn't normal.

Passports to be returned: Sakia, Kerolsgirl, samll1, waitingonforever, trudybuff, jamaicalove, tamarindball.....come kingston, let's reunite these families this week.
GCMS notes: we got a few people waiting for their notes to be returned this week so praying those get sent out before the holidays start!
There is your update for today! Hope you all have a good day and talk to you soon.

Joel Osteen Ministries
July 25
If you ever find yourself overwhelmed and don't see anything good in your future, get in agreement with God and say, "God, I know You've got a good plan. You've got brighter days in store for me up ahead."

Stay blessed everyone!
lonelycanadianwifey said:

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Sorry I can't help, never had my wedding in Jamaica but lots of people here have so I am sure someone will be along soon enough to answer your question.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MitchellBlackz said:
Hello. I am from Canada, and my boyfriend is from Jamaica. We have decided to have a civil court wedding in a few months (In Jamaica). I wanted to know the process, cost, and things needed to do when dealing with a "court wedding". I have read the process online but so many websites are saying so many different things, to where it is becoming confusing and I do not know which ones are authentic. Thank you for your help.
I would suggest you asking your husband to be to go the court and Find out from them how to do that. That way you will hear directly from them how to go about doing that. Etc

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MitchellBlackz said:
hey sis how are you doing......the best thing to do i think is to get married at the Registrar General Department......i never hear about anyone getting married tru a court out here in jamaica which im not saying that they dont do it at all but RGD would be your best bet or if you can find a pastor that can do it for you would be a good idea also.....here is the link to RGD wedding.....

http://www.rgd.gov.jm/products-and-service/registry-wedding..........get the number and call them and find out the prices and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.......i hope this help you out sis

kmah

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Maddants said:
hey sis how are you doing......the best thing to do i think is to get married at the Registrar General Department......i never hear about anyone getting married tru a court out here in jamaica which im not saying that they dont do it at all but RGD would be your best bet or if you can find a pastor that can do it for you would be a good idea also.....here is the link to RGD wedding.....

http://www.rgd.gov.jm/products-and-service/registry-wedding..........get the number and call them and find out the prices and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.......i hope this help you out sis
I had a registry wedding in the St Ann's Bay office - was lovely. I did all my reseach online and by calling the office as Maddants has suggested. I can't remember what the cost was, but it wasn't too expensive. Depending on which office you choose to marry at, you have the choice of inside or outside. The one thing that you need to think about is getting your marriage license. The registry office can arrange it for you, but you have to go in & provide all of your documents. The other option for getting your marriage license is going directly to the office that issues them and applying instead of going through the RGD.

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great news tamarindball :D.. I am sure that email made your day

At least we know they are working

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
kmah said:
I had a registry wedding in the St Ann's Bay office - was lovely. I did all my reseach online and by calling the office as Maddants has suggested. I can't remember what the cost was, but it wasn't too expensive. Depending on which office you choose to marry at, you have the choice of inside or outside. The one thing that you need to think about is getting your marriage license. The registry office can arrange it for you, but you have to go in & provide all of your documents. The other option for getting your marriage license is going directly to the office that issues them and applying instead of going through the RGD.
hey there Kmah i was going to do my wedding at the RGD office in santa cruz, st. elizabeth. when i check out everything and talk to the marriage officer and all...he was a good friend of mines so he explain to everything to me on how it work. so he said he could marry me at his church for the same price and he look about everything for me and my wife.....i arrange everything before my wife came to jamaica and only thing she had to do was just come in and talk to the pastor that was going to marry me and that all.....lol

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
tamarindball said:
Hi Chickie.Thanks for that awesome quote.I posted last night that Kgn hadn't replied to me despite sending them about two emails. Well just now I noticed they inbox me to say " Passport received and application at the final stage of process". So seems like someone was probably lurking, if they really do, never too sure what's going on with them, and am very grateful for the response and will continue to wait. I didn't realise there were 6 other passports to be returned. Wow.
that great news sis...your hubby passport will get the stamp in it very soon and then you and hubby can go live happily ever after