Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Wow reading all these comments going back and forth and want to make a comment but don’t want to pass my place because I see everyones point and oppions and I am sure that none of the comments were meant to personally offend anyone. @ chickie I ready your last post and I understand what it is that you are going thorugh. Right now I am scared shitless for my husband and his whole family (and desperate to see him out of ja…trust me things are heated in his neck of the woods) it is sad the actions of a few indivuals can give Jamaica such a bad reputation. I am a born and raised jamican and I very proud of where I come from and jamica will always be my home because yes there is violence every where in this world. But we all have to focus on our own situations. My husband comes from rema thank god they have relocated to another area of Jamaica however they still have a lot of family there. Funny how this conversation should start today , just last night my husbands cousin was shot down in cold blood (but as they say you live by the gun you will surley die by it ) I pray everyday for the papers to come through and my husband and step child to be my side because I fear that one day I will receive a call that something has happened to them. I know that this can happen anywhere in the world because the world has gone mad …..but I will not be at ease until they are by my side

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Ready, I truly understand how you feel. My husband won't go even go out anywhere because he says he is not going to take the chance for something to happen to him. He is home by dark at night and won't go back out again until daylight. The only time he went out and did anything was when I went down in April and I know it is hard on him but I give him so much props for sticking it out. I am not saying that I don't understand her point because I truly do, I know many people who have applied for refugee by lying but to bunch everyone in that by saying refugee status is a waste of time, that is not so for everyone. That is why I took offense to what was said. I am not mad, I just wanted to show that there are always two sides to everything. Yes the ones that lie, ruin it for others, that is true but sometimes people are truthful and still get the short end of the stick. Ready I am sorry to hear about the stuff you are going thru, it is hard to live and wonder if someday you are going to get a call.

Man I truly didn't mean to get the whole forum all quiet!!!!!!! LOL

Come back and chat all, everything is good :p

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
I'm here, I'm reading.....It's ok, this is our 'safe' place to come, to vent, to share..........

We all desire the same thing...I understand if we all have our 'moments'......this whole process can consume us every thought...BUT we don't have a choice, it will take time, that's out of our control, just keep thinking and sending positive thoughts.

8) ;D

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
when i first met my husband...he was pretty much assigned to be our body guard ( i didnt know this at the time...i just thought he was there to tag along), when i was down staying in his neck of the woods, with friends ...my first trip down to his ends back in 2008 i was there with my baby father, my best friend was getting married so i was staying there a couple days, cause i was in the wedding....i was jumped in front of a whole party full of ppl by a dread (my husband was there when it happened too at same party) they were gonna lick down the man, and deal with him...but the dred claims he was jsut trying to dance with me...even though he grabbed me and started kissing down my neck), but i let it go...i didnt want no ones blood on my hands...LAST march my man we were just chilling ....him and i were walking alone in the street towards his shop to go get something to drink since it was late and everything was locked down.......next thing u know were approached from behind by a gun man...my husband took me and flung me outta the way and turned around and said his name and man back away...took off his mask...and let us walk....He was out to rob us....he obviously didnt know it was my husband i was with when he crept up from behind.

my man is not a man ppl can play with but having said that....you LIVE by the gun you die by the gun yes....he lost his best friend few years back...shot in head by other gun man...the one time he wasnt out on the road with him....and thank God....i do worry about his safety....u can have all the links in the world...but all it takes it just one person to catch u off guard...and ppl are very hard to trust as is....most important thing in JA....is to not make ppl study your movements, or routine...and to make friends with the right ppl............make a long story short...3 weeks after i came back....same gun man was shot dead by police.......its sad either way...*censored word*ed up u got those that rob, but even more *censored word*ed up when ppl have to rob cause they starving for food.......When we came back from his shop to walk back way towards the gun man....my man linked him up with something to smoke same way... a jus suh it go. Make friends with the right ppl...and stay far from those who get mixed up in the wrong things.....

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
i even cussed out the gunman too lmaoooo i was more pissed that i had the shit startled utta me more than i was pissed the man had a gun loool I shove my lighter bright in his face after he took off his mask and said dont u ever do that shit again!!! LOL

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
When they denied my husbands refugee status they told move to Negril and if you don't want to stay in Jamaica fly to Trinidad or Barbados. I'm not trying to diss any Jamaican that applies for refugee status because Jamaica has one of the top murder rates in the world. However Jamaica is one of the richest countries in tourism and as MrsL said it does not compare Iraq or Africa. Refugee status is usually something to buy people time. Sucks to say that but its true. I know if I witnessed a murder and my fam is in danger I'm leaving where I live. Even in Canada people leave the province if their fam is in danger. I heard from a friend that only people that may face issues if they are homosexual get through out of Jamaica and other countries of course

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
last time i was down i had a gun pointed at me in Mobay by a solider through the window...i was sitting at a friends place...man drove by and told me to open my hands....and i was just sitting there quiet to begin with, not drinking or smoking nothing....they made my man open his hands..still with riffle pointed out the window.....and i didnt know what the fuck was going on ...tell he yelled out at ' tap gwaan like yuh nuh know wa gwaan an open u hands'....thats when i learned when u in certain areas...white or not u fi know road code...

im also grateful that i got twisted off the rum the night before...cause if i didnt drink the day before id a been drinking, and smoking and prolly well sassy that day....who knows i may have WELL had something in my hands...or an attitude under my chest....goes to show...everything happens for a reason.....and more times fucked up things happen for no reason at all.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
mrs ali
when does hubby come home to u :D

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
having said all that....these were the stories i left out of my immigration package lmao

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
ready_fi_move_on said:
mrs ali
when does hubby come home to u :D
Dunno...lol....KGN still has his passport....I was hoping by July first, now...by Aug I'm sure....need ta put a stick of dynamite under KGN butt!

LifeSoonSortOut

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2010
File Transfer...
03/08/2010
Med's Done....
01/03/2010 and re-sent 15/05/2011
Passport Req..
25/01/2011 and returned 01/05/2011; 03/16/2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 3, 2012
LANDED..........
April 15, 2012
chickie72 said:
Well what I meant by it was this. My husband did not try to waste anyones time. Google Bloody Easter in Jamaica and you will see what I mean. His 14 year old daughter was shot and killed Easter weekend 2009, his aunt and her family had their house attacked a week later, his family was alleged to be informers, all over what??? Gang fighting for a mineral spa across the road from his home. My husband tried to get refugee status (before I met him) because he could not return home, he had no home to return too, his other daughter was in police protective custody and if he returned home he would be shot or he would have shot someone. Canada denied him (of course) and he had to return to JA. I had a friend help me to put him up in the country away from family, friends everything, for fear of him being killed while down there. He cannot get a job, he cannot go see his family, friends, or anything, he sits there, waiting day after day for this process to be finished so he can return to Canada and safety. So yes I do have a problem saying that refugee status is a waste of time. Some people actually do need to be "protected" from their homeland, because your police force will not protect them. He was not poor and he did not want to go to foreign, he had a life in JA, a home, a shop, a car everything was there for him, he did farm work in Canada also to help with his life in JA so he was not even there when his daughter was killed. I do not believe in the refugee status in so much as I think they will never allow someone from Jamaica to come to Canada as a refugee. We put in tons of documentation about what happened and still they denied him. So yes it was a waste of his time in the long run for him, but he had to try and I have to say if he was not here in Canada and trying then I would not have met the wonderful, loving husband that I have today. Not a day goes by that I do not thank God for him.
First of all, it is extremely unfortunate what happened to your husband's daughter. No parent should ever have to make final plans for their child. Secondly, the level of corruption in Jamaica amongst the politicians, police and criminals is definitely far greater than any of us J'cans are comfortable with. However, this does not change my views as well Canada's views on the use of claiming refugee status. Refugee status claims should be made in the following scenarios:

Refugees are people who are outside their home country or the country where they normally live, and who are unwilling to return because of a well-founded fear of persecution based on:
race
religion
political opinion
nationality or
membership in a particular social group, such as women or people of a particular sexual orientation

A person in need of protection is a person in Canada whose removal to their home country or country where they normally live would subject them personally to:
a danger of torture;
a risk to their life; or
a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment.

One could only hope that the Canadian government assessed your husband's request fairly and based on the criteria above felt that the impending danger he mentioned, was not sufficient to warrant his claim to be approved. Luckily, other options were available to him so he did not have to return to the violent and horrific island of Jamaica. It's unfortunate but, senseless murders such as the one's that occurred in 2009 are prevalent all over the world, in fact, in Toronto almost two weeks ago six people were shot in the Eaton's Center in downtown Toronto, four of which were innocent bystanders. Opening up the Refugee program to include scenarios such as this would bog down the system for people who are subjected to genocide, prisoners of war, individuals persecuted because of their gender, etc.

I'm going to be very transparent and truthful with the room... a lot of people in this room take offence to what specific people say in this room, when they are providing fact based information. The purpose of this forum is to provide information that will assist you with filling out your applications, dealing with the wait, addressing any concerns in regards to requests from Jamaica and providing comfort when you become discouraged. The majority of people are not being malicious, just truthful, based on their previous experiences.

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor - Albert Einstein

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
If you truly read my posts, you would see that I am not mad or angry or anything. Canada is a free county, we have freedom of speech, which is why in my first post that I stated that I just wanted it known that I took offense to what she said, I am entitled to do that. After that I had to clarify why I felt the way that I did, I am entitled to that also. I am not a person to get mad easy or anything, I am just a person that will speak my mind, because I am entitled to that. I am a very easy going person as you can see from most of my posts, I just humble myself while waiting out this process.

She has her opinion and I appreciate it. I have mine and she should appreciate mine also, at least now she sees where I am coming from because believe it or not I see where she is coming from too. Two sides to everything, now both sides are out there, you see my point.

Mrsl - no hard feelings ok...one love

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
:-* HELLO-LOVELIES :-*

Just wanted to say hello and say I'm thinking bout all of you!! prayers and positive vibes being sent your way!!
c'mon KG, LETS DO THIS...Ali nexttttttttttt!! and keep it rollin! lets get these families united!

Hope everyone is doing well, Hubby is doing Great! started school yesterday! he's so positive and upbeat, I'm so lucky to have him as my husband!

I feel so blessed! One Love..... :)

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
suki said:
c'mon KG, LETS DO THIS...Ali nexttttttttttt!!
LOUDER!!! KGN can't hear you!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG wasn't True Blood fab!!!?

Glad to hear ur hubby is enjoying CanuckLand!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012