App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
hi all its been a while since i`ve been on .
just busy getting hubby sorted out .
so officially he`s legal.

@nae u didnt waste any time ,congrats on your pregnancy

i have not had a chance to read thru much but i will be back as soon as i can

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey kmc!! We understand, get hubby sorted out! :)

LOL, proper and jahlove, when I saw that one I just had to share it ;)

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Hello everyone..Likkle update...

fly to Canada this coming Monday to file....

Am having last minute panic attacks, hoping and praying I have everything from my husbands side as I only have two weeks in Canada and not enough time to really be sending stuff back and forth if anything goes wrong.

-We got the medicals done on monday, so that was a blessed relief and they went well.
- Got hubbys police report
-Got eight immigration pictures for both him and daughter
-Got five photo copies of both him and daughters passports ( afew extra never hurt nobody just in case)
- Photo copying everything like mad
-Got rent and bank account reciepts

Now I'm trying to see if im missing anything vital before I leave.....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SmoothiesQ - Make sure hubby signs the police record, there is a place under his picture for him to do that. Make copies of the application forms after you have completed and signed all of them. I had my husband scan the completed ones so we have an electronic copy in case anything goes wrong. Also a copy of the Medical.

Make sure you check the guides and document checklists together, to ensure you have everything needed. Two pairs of eyes reviewing the application are better than one. If hubby hadn't noticed that I left out half of my tribe of friends and relatives that he met, the VO would think he only met my mother and brothers...and he has met as far as my second cousins. :p

Don't be afraid to add extra sheets of paper for additional information. Just remember to put his full name, date of birth, the number of the form (IMM XXXX) and the number of the question on top of the extra sheets.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Good morning everyone!!!!!

Charlie... that was a good one...

I am hoping that since today is thursday we get some good news from Kingston :p

LETS GO KINGSTON LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
WE NEED SOME SUPER AWESOME GOOD NEWS COME ON KINGSTON!!!!

I have a little good news, my good friend who has living in canada for 7 years 5 of the illegally who is from jamaica, got up the courage to apply for a work visa, knowing that he could be deported, he was just so defeated and refused to marry someone for papers, very honorable man. He sent in his passport, paper work and such in january, and yesterday received his work permit!!!!! He paryed and meditated everyday, and yay!!!!!! He will still have a interview sometime this year, but god willing he will be able to stay! ;D

on a side note ive been super irratable!! Im sure its in relation to the time of month, but whoooaaa... i can hardly stand myself right now!!! This was my attempt to be happy! hahahha

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
I agree with you Irving... it would be nice to hear some good news... but wow congrats to your friend on the work permit that is awesome news....

awhoa.... time of the month, I always get like that.... hope you feel better sooon :p

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
have a lookie on the newbies board, some more good news! :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey that's great for your friend, Irving! Good of him to take the honourable way, my hat off to him.

Tell me about that time of the month. Blah. I am either mad as hell about every little thing, or so depressed I can hardly stand to be around myself, LOL.

I need to go and pay some bills, lord. And go walk about looking at kid's stores, hubby wants to get a gift for my niece and nephews when he comes. I think he and my older brother are planning some kind of co-ordinated visit for Easter, he keeps telling me what my brother and his wife are planning. How nice that when I introduced my husband to my family, he was so thoroughly at home with them, they took him over and now they talk to him instead of me. ::)

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Ok, I need some advice.

First...in which part did you list all the friends and family your hubby has met CharlieD10???

Second.....I need some insight into the proper format in which to explain our relationship for my hubbies section of the form.

We are doing it together...both parts. I think its better we both use our brains to make sure everything is explained right.

Are we supposed to insert our emotions and opinions and insight into how we write it? Or is to be cold, clinical no nonsense explanations.

My hubby wrote the first letter in how we met in full explanation, included how he felt about certian things. We had an online/phone relationship for a long time before meeting, and then we got engaged our first time we were together in person...for several weeks. We make no excuses or apologies for this...our mutual religious beliefs and the depth of our relationship at that point made it appropriate. However we need to convey this clearly to immigration. My parents got engaged quickly like that and have been together over twenty five years and worship the ground each other walks on. But to immigration this needs to be done right so no red flags go up.

So in the letter he described the whole trip leading up to the engagement in the first question about our first meeting....but then we got to the question about the development of our relationship and do we explain the six months we planned our wedding....and talked about every single aspect of marriage from faith, how to raise children...different beliefs we both shared in our religious department and how we would balance it as we both are very big into our faith but attend different churches....but attend with each other as he goes on saturday, me sunday etc etc?? Or am I putting the wrong info in the wrong places????

I just need some guidence into how to do this to make sure we are doing this correctly and and to know what immigration is looking for and what kind of responses they prefer...format wise.

THANKKKKK YOUUUUUU :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SmoothiesQ - Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire Q. 11 asks if your spouse has met your family and friends. That's where I listed everyone in my family (plus some close friends) he has met, and needed an extra sheet for that.

Be as sincere and emotional as you want in writing, I know I was. After all, this is the man I love and married for life, I don't know how I could be clinical about it. I wasn't sappy, but I did explain at major points how happy, excited etc etc I was.

And yes, include all that detail about how you planned the wedding and talked about your beliefs and values together. That's an important part of the development of any real relationship, so they are actually looking for that.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Ok...we feel we need to because in immigration there is alot of reasons people marry...and not all of them are genuine.

But for us...despite the short time between meeting and engagement....and the fact that most our relationship was online and over the phone....we realize that red flags may arise.

We felt with our spiritual beliefs...that we had been brought together by God. Those of you who are people of faith will understand this. My parents marriage was the same...so we had full support...as they've proven it can work when its right..despite being quick...they've proven it over twenty five years!:) So we are ok to explain this to immigration then......?!! Because for us there is no Jamaican and Canadian...there is just me and him...period....and I feel if immigration understands this...then they understand why things went so quick...it was right for us based on our beliefs.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yes, you need to explain it. As you said, lots of people marry and it's not genuine.

I explained everything about us, how we got to know each other online, why I accepted a proposal online from someone I hadn't even met in person or kissed. You have to show them what motivated you, why your faith gave you a foundation to get married quickly, all of that. Let them get to know you, so they can understand why you guys did things the way you did.

Address the red flags right up front...don't wait for them to bring it up. Show that you know why someone on the outside might have doubts, but why you don't have any.

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Ok ...thank you so much for your advice. :)

One more question: What is the format in which you put the forms together when you mail it. Like I'm reading here about it but here's my confusion.... Do I staple in the extra papers...and then put the appropriate photos in an envelope and paper clip them to the appropriate page??? Or what? And can I label the photos with what was going on and whose in the photos?

Im sorry guys...alot of this I could probably read and I might just be overlooking it...I'm just seriously overwhelmed trying to work, keep up with a four year old and get this done before I fly home monday.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No apologies are needed, ask questions, let us help you, that's what we are here for.

OK, so NO staples in the forms. Use a bulldog or a binder clip to hold everything together, but no staples. Or use paper clips for smaller sections.

Put your pics in a separate envelope so they stay together and don't flop around. Label them with who, when, where, what and why information (e.g. sponsor and applicant with applicants parents at X restaurant on X date to celebrate sponsor's birthday). I actually arranged mine chronologically, so you could follow our main events through pictures...from when hubby would send me pics from his webcam, to when he arrived, to when he met my family, to when we got married, to when we had our honeymoon, to when we had various dates for my birthday and just before he left Jamaica. Just ensure they can tell from the label who is there and what is going on and why and when.

Two things that really helped me: tabs were my friend. I arranged my evidence and forms in sections, and labeled each section with a tab. So I had tabs showing where you find sponsor's forms, applicants forms, chat logs, telephone bills, financial support, letters of support from family. And I bought a plastic document folder to put everything in when I was done. It closes with a little cord, and is very sturdy and waterproof.