Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
RandysGirl said:
That would be awsome! as far as the antiquity of things in Jamaica, I remeber standing in a long ass line in Sav one day at Scotiabank when it dawned on me that they do not use computers like Scotia here, they use filing cabinets!!!! oh well fingers crossed.
Hey cool...how long did you live in Jamaica for??

And just curious were you living there while you filed?? If so did you have any trouble with the financial part? In my thread someone said there is no financial requirments for sponsering a spouse and dependant child...I'm currently reading through everything to figure out how to file that part!!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
LOL - i forgot the best one, where hubby first saw someone poop n scoop... he was in SHOCK, he almost died that day.

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
I LOVE these stories!!!! I cant imagine what my husband would say if he saw someone poop and scoop!!!! I guess he will once our dog gets here HA!

So excited for Nae, we need another update, I hope they can come home together.

SQueen, I wish I had applied while there because I think it would have (from what my understanding is) gone faster, however, I am still new to all this stuff and have not even passed stage 1 so what do I know!??? (ps I think I know who you are, I tried to visit you one day at your shop and it was closed... I think we have a mutual friend in Negril- or I could be wrong and if I am sorry if I creeped you out!!!! ;D)

NIce to know about the patty shop, I just found out a Jamaican lady has a B&B and little food shop nearby, gonna check it out Saturday.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hello everyone!!! I just laughed out loud about the poop and scoop story kc lol

I haven't had a chance to read everyone's posts but thought I'd let you know I survived the trip to KG lol yes on the public bus!!!!! I had been on the public bus before and it doesn't bother me. Got a window seat each way and hubby on the other side of me ;D Lots of cuddle time!!!! and some great 80's love songs on the way back hahahahaha it wasn't that bad. The only problem going there was the old man vomitting on himself in the row behind us and the men fighting over which bus we were going to get on to go home.....God I've never had that many men fighting over me in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh forgot to mention PP drop off was successful....they wouldn't let me in. Woman security guard was nasty but the men were great! They let me use the restroom then sent me outside to wait. Guys rolled up in their car saying the famous old "PSSST" lmao then another guy was trying to pick me up and told me he liked my breasts and asked how much money I made lol that's when the male security guard called me inside to sit and wait for hubby. I guess they would be in big trouble if a Canadian citizen was harrassed or assaulted outside the embassy all because they wouldn't let me in.

Anyway.....hubby was about 5th in line but it took an hour for them to call him up. They told him to expect a call in 1 to 2 weeks.

Thanks Charlie for coming down to meet us!!!! it was so nice to meet you and hubby says hi

ok gotta run....will read everyone's posts and make updates when I get home.....unless you would like to take over the updates for me now charlie ;D

i see we have a few new members....welcome to all the newbies!!!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Nae nae... I had to deal with her and she is a real b***** i must admit the guys are very nice... the man with the scar in the face was very nice to me and hubby once i explained my story he let me in... i agree with you it wouldn't look too good on KG if anything would happen to a canadian because they didn't let you in... even when hubby was beside me I had some guys trying themselves.... my hubby gets pretty jealous and then tells me please stay infront of me he gets scared something will happen and he wants to protect me... glad the pp drop off overall went well and that he will get a call in the next week or two... I can't wait to hear another landing story...

I just want to take a minute to say thanks to everyone for all the great stories... I love reading all of you's.... I tell hubby lots of things he will be amazed by and some he doesn't understand still cause he doesn't understand how it can actually work... in exemple the speed walking type of escalator at Pearson everytime I'm on the phone with him... he says but why do you have to go on there... I tell him the airport is not the same size as KG but he keeps saying KG is an international airport Jo so can't be that different... I tell him when you here you can walk on the ground cause I aint walking all that long hallway without the speeding things lol.... i keep telling hubby wait til you see it's WAY DIFFERENT... lol you can have like 20 planes on the ground and still have room lol... I guess he is in for lots... he keeps saying because so many tourist in jamaica it makes it more like an international country but anyways I never saw little kids in school uniform walking home by themselves here... or even the kids going through garbage to get food... im sure there is but not everywhere and im not seeing that everyday....

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning forum family, one more week come to an end. Well lets hope for more good things from KGN in the coming week. Love the stories, keep them coming. I check this site religiously at least 4 times per day, just to see the updates. bye all

IN GOG WE TRUST ALWAYS

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning everyone!

Nae :) It was so good to meet you guys, glad you had a safe ride back. Please do keep doing the updates until you have posted your landing story, then you can pass the baton ;) Without further ado:

Once there were twin brothers by the name of Jones. John Jones was married, and Joe Jones was single. The single brother Joe was the proud owner of a dilapidated row boat. It happened that John Jone's wife died the same day that Joe's rowboat filled with water and sank.

A few days later, a kindly old lady met Joe and mistaken him for John said; "Oh Mr. Jones, I am sorry to hear of your great loss, you must feel terrible".

Joe smiled and said, "Well I am not a bit sorry, she was rather old from the start. Her bottom was all chewed up and she smelled of dead fish. Even the first time I got into her, she made water faster than anything I ever saw. She had a bad crack and a pretty big hole in her front, and that hole got bigger every time I used her. It got so I could barely handle her, but if anyone else used her she leaked like anything. The thing that finished her was four guys from the other side of town. They came down looking for a good time and asked if I could lend her to them. I warned them she wasn't so hot, but they could take a crack at her if they liked. Well, the result was the crazy fools tried to get inside her all at once and it was too much for her. She cracked right up the middle".

Before he could finish the old lady fainted!

Have a great Friday everyone! KG...still one day left in this week...NEXT!!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning my forum family, hope everyone is doing awesome today, still lots of day left for someone to 'get that call'.
Good one Charlie, lol. love em, heres a little johnnie joke, after all its Friday

A fire fighter is working on the engine outside the station when he notices little johnnie next door in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off of the side and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle.
Little Johnnie is wearing a firefighter's helmet and has the wagon tied to a dog and a cat. The fire fighter walks over to take a closer look. "That sure is a nice fire truck," the fire fighter says, with admiration.

"Thanks," little johnnie says. The fire fighter looks a little closer and notices he has tied the wagon to the dog's collar and to the cat's testicles.

"Little partner," the fire fighter says, "I don't want to tell you how to run your fire truck, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster." little johnnie says, "You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Good Morning everyone and welcome jahlove....

Great jokes this morning... I got one too...

One day a rasta man goes to the bank, walks up to the teller. The teller says: Good morning rasta man, how can I help you today... The rasta man then reached into his bag and pulled out a ziploc full of weed... The teller said OMG rasta man what are you doing... The rasta man then replied: I want to open a joint account :p :p :p

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Bahahaha OMG Canuck!!

Sanchester

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2010
Doc's Request.
No Request
AOR Received.
19-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-10
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
So I wasnt on here yesterday... but I wanted to say I loved everyones story!!!

They made me laugh so hard... I read them to my husband and he acted like a "big man" and he laughed and said " Baby, I dont think I'll be so surprised about those things" I was like... "yah ok honey"... he has no idea! lol!!

When Jamaica was going through this cold spell a couple weeks back " he was acting like there was a blizzard... I looked up the temperature in Trelawny and it was 22 degrees... I couldnt stop laughing!

Sick.. I live at Spadina and Dundas.... so we arent to far from eachother!!

Hope everyone has a great day...!!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
sanchester too funny... i read everything to my husband from the forum... last night i was reading all the post but he said it cannot be that bad... so lets wait and see what he says or how he acts... i think its just the pride and he doesn't want to admit that he doesn't know everything like the dishwasher thing he said oh no i seen a dishwasher before i said oh yea where he replied don't ask that cause i can't remember... i think it may be embarassing for my hubby.... but he said "mi ah wash mi dishes inna da sink with soap" lol

Jesusgirl

Oct 26, 2010
Hi everyone,
i am fairly new to this sight, i often read the messages to see how long it is taking for others to get through. here is my timeline, i applied in April 2010, received approval in May; my husband application was sent to kingston in May, he received a letter from them telling him the average time is 6 months and if anything is missing they will contact him.(lol!!!), on ECAS his status is in process as of May 21, 210. we have not heard anything else from them. He did his police record in December 2009 and his medical in January 2010. i hope he does not have to redo them over because it has pass 1 year now.
does any one have the same timeline as me and what is your current status.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hi Jesus girl... actually you are within the times lines... nae nae filed on may 19 and her hubby just got the call to drop off his passport... they did that yesterday... I filed june 3, 2010 and I don't see a thing on my ecas but not available... some ppl say that ecas is sometimes only updated once they landed in canada... so i wouldn't worry about the ecas... here is another way to track also http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/page/9 and I will copy and paste a previous posting from nae nae with the dates...

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months

Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months

Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months

Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months

Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months

Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months

Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months

Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months

Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months

Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months

Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months

Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months

Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months

Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months

Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months

Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months

Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS

Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months

Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months

soanxiouswifey May 09 Med Redo Request& submitted

Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent

Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC

Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS

Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months

Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months

Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months

Missingmyboo Sept 09 Additional Docs Requested&SUBMITTED

Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months

Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)

Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS

Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED

Kimore Nov 09 AOR Received

Yardie Dec 09 AOR Received

M.A.L Dec 09 AOR received

highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months

Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months

Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS

Canuck Feb 10 VISA ISSUED 9 MONTHS

KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS

Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS

KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS

Mylilangel APR 10 AOR RECEIVED

chukie APR 10 DOC REQUESTED

Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS

MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS

NaeNae MAY 10 PP REQUEST 7.5 MONTHS

Iambless June 10 DOC REQUESTED

Godblesswife June 10 DOC REQUESTED

KIDD June 10 DOC REQUESTED

Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED

MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved

lonely_wife June 10 AOR Received

brownsuga July 10 DOC REQUESTED

ladyposh July 10 AOR Received

Sanchester Sept 10 AOR Received

Reema Sept 10 Sponsorship approved

ABA Sept 10 Sponsorship approved

butterfly10 Sept 10 AOR Received

Randysgirl Nov 10 App sent

proper Nov 10 App sent

Smoothie Waiting to send app off

Charlie D Waiting to send app off

JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off

MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off

georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off

suki Getting married in March