Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Ninirae said:
Okay, so you guys are on track with me!!! I just did the forms and some proof. I did it based on when I did my step dad's sponsorship and he was approved in 6 months (the officer mentioned that the smaller the package the better as long as it included all the info they needed). My mom only submitted THREE photos!!!

I sent in about 20-30 pics from various times, and all my necessary proof. I think to each their own. I've always said if they want more, then we will provide it during the interview...
Very true! I was thinking that as well..:)

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
@ Nini.... how long ago did you do the application for your step dad... I ask because I haven't heard getting through in 6 months in a long time... ;)

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
CanJam said:
@ Nini.... how long ago did you do the application for your step dad... I ask because I haven't heard getting through in 6 months in a long time... ;)
Agreed I haven't heard of it since 2011!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CanJam said:
LMAO! Smart people we have in this forum... well my parents have been together for 21 years and married for 10 years... lol

So it was about 10 years ago. Back in the day when immigration didn't take a lifetime. :p ::)

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Ninirae said:
LMAO! Smart people we have in this forum... well my parents have been together for 21 years and married for 10 years... lol

So it was about 10 years ago. Back in the day when immigration didn't take a lifetime. :p ::)
Awwww tooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Ninirae said:

..The good old days... 8)

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY AND BELATED ANNIVERSSARY CHICKIE.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY..

Chickie sorry I'm late, been busy and just stopped by to wish u many more years to come and just peep in on the forum. Hope u had a blast and still hoping your hubby gets a call soon.. All the best mums!!!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CanadianWifey89 said:
I saw that and my heart sunk..mine was able to fit in a 11 x 14 envelope...definitely not that thick so I was worried for a little LOL but I think I included enough. We shall see :)

Other than the required forms / police certificate / medical check / immigration pictures etc.
I have bundles of pictures but provided maybe 30-40? around 10 wedding photos (ceremony, reception, and portrait), 2-3honeymoon photos, 2-3 pics of my bridal shower and the rest were us on dates..hanging around in JA..going to church (cause everyone knows before you go to church you have to take a picture) etc. Otherwise, I included photocopies of well wishes card from my bridal shower and the wedding, the narrative of our development of our relationship, photocopies of my passport showing the trips/ copies of the itinerates, honeymoon confirmation email, copies of receipts (western union, digicel top-up), photocopies of our letters to each other during our relationship, proof of phone records. Ummm what else was in there? LOL! I'll have to check my copies when I go home..didn't end up being 4inches...maybe 2? LOL mostly because of the clips I used to hold sections together.

:) Hope it's enough!

Hi canadianwifey, as a next person from the forum said, its not the quantity of the pictures or application but its the quality!!! A person can have 50 photos and application big as a house and you got only 2 photos and package small and you approved and that person decline! So from once you follow the guide lines and have enough proof your good. If they need more proof it can be shown in an interview or they request it..
Ps. This photo is really cute

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
lovindahubby said:
Hi canadianwifey, as a next person from the forum said, its not the quantity of the pictures or application but its the quality!!! A person can have 50 photos and application big as a house and you got only 2 photos and package small and you approved and that person decline! So from once you follow the guide lines and have enough proof your good. If they need more proof it can be shown in an interview or they request it..
Ps. This photo is really cute
Very good point! This process definitely isn't black and white..alot of gray areas and super subjective but at the end of the day...if they need more to make 'em sleep at night they will definitely request it.

Thanks a bunch lovindahubby!!!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CanadianWifey89 said:
Very good point! This process definitely isn't black and white..alot of gray areas and super subjective but at the end of the day...if they need more to make 'em sleep at night they will definitely request it.

Thanks a bunch lovindahubby!!!
No problem... Just shedding some light.. I use to worry when I see how much pictures and how thick a person application use to be and my mom said. " Don't look on others, look at yours! Everyone application is different,some can get through way earlier than others, so worry not".. So I dnt worry nomore...
Lol and she believes application still get through at 6 months. I said no its longer now and she said I was wrong.
She helped my uncle to do his application. He sent in the application in december 2012, application was sent back becuase he used a old form that he had. Sent it back in january, got approved sent to jamaica february and by august his wife was here... So I guess she was right... She said just have faith and pray everythng works out!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
LovingaHubby when I read about your uncle my heart skipped a beat!! So his application went to Kingston in Janaury/February 2013 and his wife was here by Summer 2013? That is amazing and means a lot to hear that. I am sure that there are hundreds of other 2013 applicants that it happened to (holding my breath and crossing my fingers) and we need to see some of those on this forum PRONTO too!!! Is 22 months the average?? If so then that would mean lots under a year and sadly lots above the 22 months. Uggghhh wish there was rhyme or reason to this whole process!!

On that note...hope everyone is having a great day....

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
lovindahubby said:
No problem... Just shedding some light.. I use to worry when I see how much pictures and how thick a person application use to be and my mom said. " Don't look on others, look at yours! Everyone application is different,some can get through way earlier than others, so worry not".. So I dnt worry nomore...
Lol and she believes application still get through at 6 months. I said no its longer now and she said I was wrong.
She helped my uncle to do his application. He sent in the application in december 2012, application was sent back becuase he used a old form that he had. Sent it back in january, got approved sent to jamaica february and by august his wife was here... So I guess she was right... She said just have faith and pray everythng works out!
Amazing!! I know someone who applied in February 2013 and his spouse was here by August 2013 also. There are definitely both ends of the spectrum on this journey. Prayers up for the best and sending even more prayers for a lot of patience if we have to endure the worst.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Twoheartsonelove said:
LovingaHubby when I read about your uncle my heart skipped a beat!! So his application went to Kingston in Janaury/February 2013 and his wife was here by Summer 2013? That is amazing and means a lot to hear that. I am sure that there are hundreds of other 2013 applicants that it happened to (holding my breath and crossing my fingers) and we need to see some of those on this forum PRONTO too!!! Is 22 months the average?? If so then that would mean lots under a year and sadly lots above the 22 months. Uggghhh wish there was rhyme or reason to this whole process!!

On that note...hope everyone is having a great day....
Yes twoheartsonelove... That's why when I see these post like chickie and nev I was wondering why theirs so long. And my mom help me with mines after his application was sent in.. With his application I keep saying mines going to be done in 6 months too... Lol I don't know but I have high hopes... I've seen a lot of application filed within 6 months. A next friend of mine application was done within 6 months in 2012... So if I'm wrong to have hopes that it will be within a year oh well, let me be...lol I'm just talking to myself..

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone know what the bring forward date when your asked for a new police clearance? Is it 30,60 or 90 days? Thanks in advance