Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Congrats Tamarind!!! Happy for you and have a wonderful new life together!!!
Bless :D

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Thank you. It's really a new life being in someone's else territory but so far I am really enjoying it and glad I made the decision to relocate and that my husband made the decision to return to his homeland!

waitingonforever said:
Congrats Tamarind!!! Happy for you and have a wonderful new life together!!!
Bless :D
lonelycanadianwifey said:

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Nevaeha said:
Welcome back, Carm!

I'm hoping we only have a few weeks to go until KG is finished with summer holidays!!!! Then we'll start hearing all sorts of great news!!!!
Yes I hope so! I used up all my holidays for this last trip just cause they were on theirs jerks lol :p

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
tamarindball said:
Thank you. It's really a new life being in someone's else territory but so far I am really enjoying it and glad I made the decision to relocate and that my husband made the decision to return to his homeland!
Happy new life here in Canada..you can come and go between here and Ja now and not have to worry about anything..thats what I'm looking forward too..traveling with hubby back and forth to see family still in Ja...cant wait!!!! ;D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
tamarindball said:
PP and COPR finally received. Happy happy happy. Wasn't sure if I should scream but i actually didn't i guess since it wasn't such a surprise as I was expecting it before noon today. As I was about to type the first digit to track the package, I suddenly heard the buzzer. Was more surprised to see that the same Fedex agent who picked up my pkage on July 2 for Kgn/Jamaica was the same one who returned it to me.And he said, "your package is finally back. It took so long". So I said, "not really, but still I was expecting it before but glad it finally came back". So while I never screamed, I felt more inclined to get down on my knees (which I did even before opening the envelope) and give God thanks as it wouldn't have been possible without Him and my journey was really a smooth one but with my husband being Cdn born/citizen, us living together both in Ja and in Canada, and being married for a few years, it was pretty straightforward even though with CIC you don't know what to expect but I am glad everything worked out at the right time.

So to all those expecting a landing story I don't really have one since I am already in Canada. However, what I will share is my landing experience when I go to the border to get my documents signed and validated which should be within a week. So here's wishing you all great success with your process especially those waiting for a long time. I even dreamt about being with you all last night and Nev you were the only one that revealed yourself as everyone else was sleeping - I forgot the entire dream but that part stands out in my mind) I will still be part of this family as you guys have been very supportive and I would like to continue supporting you and sharing your pain some days but victory in the long run as long as time allows. Just remember to hang in there, dont give up as that's what the enemy would like so don't let him win over your situation as he's a liar and you are all more than conquerors. Your time will come at the right time but you have to trust God's timing. Whatever happens, remember He knows what's best for you even when it doesn't make much sense at the time. He has good plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to cause you any harm. To all the long time members, Maddants, Nevaeha, Chickie and others, you have all been inspiring even in your moments of frustration and that's what makes the forum so real. Just know that your light is already shining at the end of the tunnel and any day it will be flooding your face. You're almost at the finished line so stay strong. Love you all

Tamarind
What a great day!!!! Congratulations tamarindball, I am so happy for you! :D

Love your dream...I hope I was presentable! :p ;)

It truly means so much to know that you will continue on with us until the end and share in our frustration/happiness. Hopefully there is a lot of happiness for many in the very near future.

And of course we want to read all about your landing story when the time comes!

I have received several pm's lately and a lot of people are very frustrated with the process so I know your words of encouragement will help many, including myself. Right now is such a difficult time because it seems KG is at a stand still - we're not hearing much and they are keeping passports for longer than the two weeks we are used to. We are going to get through this because we all have each other. :-*

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Chickie, where are you at girl? :eek:

I'm missing you...

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
sebella2105 said:
Hey Everyone

I am new to this forum, although I've been lurking for quite a while reading all of your stories and trying to get some information. I just got married in July in Jamaica and I am looking to sponsor my husband to come here. We have a child together (he is 6 months old). I am just waiting on receiving the official marriage certificate in the mail (I just have the hand written marriage register right now) This whole process seems a bit daunting and not quite sure where to start. I spoke with an immigration lawyer who is willing to take on my case however it is quite expensive if this is something I could easily do by myself. I am just a little apprehensive because I want to make sure everything is done properly to reduce errors or potential delays. Just wanted to know who on this forum did all of the paperwork by yourselves, or who had help from an immigration lawyer?
Welcome sebella; all the best on your journey. And as others have said it's your choice to hire a lawyer or consultant but we are all here to help and support.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
tamarindball said:
PP and COPR finally received. Happy happy happy. Wasn't sure if I should scream but i actually didn't i guess since it wasn't such a surprise as I was expecting it before noon today. As I was about to type the first digit to track the package, I suddenly heard the buzzer. Was more surprised to see that the same Fedex agent who picked up my pkage on July 2 for Kgn/Jamaica was the same one who returned it to me.And he said, "your package is finally back. It took so long". So I said, "not really, but still I was expecting it before but glad it finally came back". So while I never screamed, I felt more inclined to get down on my knees (which I did even before opening the envelope) and give God thanks as it wouldn't have been possible without Him and my journey was really a smooth one but with my husband being Cdn born/citizen, us living together both in Ja and in Canada, and being married for a few years, it was pretty straightforward even though with CIC you don't know what to expect but I am glad everything worked out at the right time.

So to all those expecting a landing story I don't really have one since I am already in Canada. However, what I will share is my landing experience when I go to the border to get my documents signed and validated which should be within a week. So here's wishing you all great success with your process especially those waiting for a long time. I even dreamt about being with you all last night and Nev you were the only one that revealed yourself as everyone else was sleeping - I forgot the entire dream but that part stands out in my mind) I will still be part of this family as you guys have been very supportive and I would like to continue supporting you and sharing your pain some days but victory in the long run as long as time allows. Just remember to hang in there, dont give up as that's what the enemy would like so don't let him win over your situation as he's a liar and you are all more than conquerors. Your time will come at the right time but you have to trust God's timing. Whatever happens, remember He knows what's best for you even when it doesn't make much sense at the time. He has good plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to cause you any harm. To all the long time members, Maddants, Nevaeha, Chickie and others, you have all been inspiring even in your moments of frustration and that's what makes the forum so real. Just know that your light is already shining at the end of the tunnel and any day it will be flooding your face. You're almost at the finished line so stay strong. Love you all

Tamarind
Congrats tamarindball. All the best to you and happy to know you will stick around with us ;D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Nevaeha said:
Chickie, where are you at girl? :eek:

I'm missing you...

PEEK-A-BOO

I am here, lurking! :p :p :p :p :p miss you too just grumpy lately!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
chickie72 said:

PEEK-A-BOO

I am here, lurking! :p :p :p :p :p miss you too just grumpy lately!
Awwww, Chickie...I completely understand.

It's okay if you're feeling grumpy...you are entitled to feel that way. :-*

You've waited long enough...your time soon come.

I'm always here for you....just like you're always here for us.

Hang in there, sister. (((BIG HUG)))

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
Congrats Tamarindball ; :D

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Awhhh chickie hon life soon sort out.u are in my prayers xoxo nev same fi u darling kgn beeen tooo quite a flood of pprs are coming soon

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Congrats mrs tammyball moonwalk shoes are doing there thing gun finga a buss blanks

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
anyone order notes lately? since the strike? I was suppose to get mine back on the 2nd and still nothing. I wrote a email to them asking and it came back as it may be delayed because of the strike in Canada. ::)