31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
tessi68 said:
well I am in the beginning of our journey, my now fiancee and I are coming up to our one year since being introduced by mutual friends..and we are now working on getting his TRV so he can visit me for a few months I hope and planning the wedding here. god willing he will hear something this week - week 16 since he applied. Longing for us to be reunited as its been 7 months since I saw him last..miss him and trying to stay strong I know it will get easier as its going to be a long process..but its a small price to pay for a lifetime together. have a good week everyone. and may I see some posted good news for some good ppl
Hi there, I hope this doesnt burst your bubble but the TRV is virtually impossible to get. This is why so many of us have to take the step of getting married before our partner can come and visit us. Even with a valid intention letter and even if your partner has a great paying job, no criminal record and money in the bank (as mine did) it is unlikely that Canada will allow them to visit. I know of at least 15 people in JA that have applied and been denied. If anyone else has a more positive experience with this I'd love to hear it. Unfortunately mine was not. Probably not helpful to hear, but if you want him here you will probably have to marry him or he will need to apply as a skilled worker.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good morning my Kingston family how is everyone? Am good here 9 days until I am in JA so excited. Welcome to the new girl I will add u to the spreadsheet tomorrow as I don't have Internet at home and am on my phone so I can't do that on here. @tanji I private messaged you! Come on Kingston we wanna hear some good news this week please stop holding back on us!

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsbrown said:
Hi there, I hope this doesnt burst your bubble but the TRV is virtually impossible to get. This is why so many of us have to take the step of getting married before our partner can come and visit us. Even with a valid intention letter and even if your partner has a great paying job, no criminal record and money in the bank (as mine did) it is unlikely that Canada will allow them to visit. I know of at least 15 people in JA that have applied and been denied. If anyone else has a more positive experience with this I'd love to hear it. Unfortunately mine was not. Probably not helpful to hear, but if you want him here you will probably have to marry him or he will need to apply as a skilled worker.
bubble bursted! but that's okay, there certainly has be some people that did get their TRV approved - can I hear this! someone...if plan A does not work there is b, c, d.....ultimatly we are in it forever..this is a life plan called marriage. And perhaps I will be the first you know that got their TRV approved...there are always different variables per each applicant. As for now, I am blowing another bubble and keeping faith until I know otherwise

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I just can't understand why these people are taking so long with our application and not even giving any kind of updates. This is so frustrating!

My wife is becoming depressed and I am so fed up that I am ready to say the hell with it because we have put our lives basically on hold because of this.

When you have people from Mexico and China where there are millions more people and they are getting responses within months, it just makes you wonder what are they doing.

This is so unfair to people. I just don't understand :mad:.

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
I feel the same way... my entire life is on hold. I think the delay is used as a deterent to weed out couples who are not real. The canadian government is so worried about marriage fraud. Those of us who stick it out are obviously in real relationships. I guess you just have to have faith and try not to get frustrated.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Yes it can be very frustrating when we don't hear anything at all. It is worse when there are so many of us in here and not one person has really gotten any progress with their file and then it makes all of us think they aren't working on anyone's file at all. All I can say is have faith that one day this had to end and you and your wife will be together just keep holding on.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
chickie72 said:
Yes it can be very frustrating when we don't hear anything at all. It is worse when there are so many of us in here and not one person has really gotten any progress with their file and then it makes all of us think they aren't working on anyone's file at all. All I can say is have faith that one day this had to end and you and your wife will be together just keep holding on.
that is so true sis...this process have to finish one day coming...chick your inbox sis

yqm_fa

Oct 30, 2012
Hello !!!!
I am very new to a this.
Question ?!? I am sponsoring my husband and 2 stepdaughters
One accompanying one non.
Do both go for medical ?
Also regarding immigration pictures
And or passport pictures
How many each ?
Thx in advance

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I must say that even though I don't post as much, I always come on here to see what you guys are saying and what is going on what ya'll applications and I appreciate each and every one of you because not only do you give good advice, you all give encouragement that helps us all endure the long and tedious process.

I love this forum community and thank you guys for sharing your lives and stories with us total strangers giving us all hope to continue on.

Keep Moving Forward.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
mrsbrown said:
I feel the same way... my entire life is on hold. I think the delay is used as a deterent to weed out couples who are not real. The canadian government is so worried about marriage fraud. Those of us who stick it out are obviously in real relationships. I guess you just have to have faith and try not to get frustrated.
I totally understand what you are saying and thank you for your encouragement.

My wife and I have been together for almost 7 years and been married for 1 year and we provided a lot of documentation to prove the validity of our marriage and our relationship in general.

Just hope they would move a little faster that's all. This is really wearing on my wife and though I am trying to be patient with this whole process, it is starting to wear on me as well :(.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
yqm_fa said:
Hello !!!!
I am very new to a this.
Question ?!? I am sponsoring my husband and 2 stepdaughters
One accompanying one non.
Do both go for medical ?

Also regarding immigration pictures
And or passport pictures
How many each ?
Thx in advance
hey there yes both daughters have to medical and last I knew it was 2 passport pics with the medical

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all doing well and had a lovely weekend!
My husband and I looking for a Villa in Negril for 1 week in early June. We would like it to have a pool and either be on 7 mile beach or within walking distance.
If anyone has any contacts or recommendations on Villa's , please let me know!
Thanks!!

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
greengurl said:
Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all doing well and had a lovely weekend!
My husband and I looking for a Villa in Negril for 1 week in early June. We would like it to have a pool and either be on 7 mile beach or within walking distance.
If anyone has any contacts or recommendations on Villa's , please let me know!
Thanks!!
I forget the name of it but in Jan when I went down I stayed in a villa across from Seven Mile beach n its pink or was pink right beside the harley davidson store. It has a pool and when we were there they were just working on making some rooms with kitchenette. I really liked it the people were easy going and a rasta at the gift shop right outside. Walking distances to Jungle as well.

tanja.sh30

May 5, 2013
chickie72 said:
hey there yes both daughters have to medical and last I knew it was 2 passport pics with the medical
Hi,
I got your personal message in my Inbox, but unfortunately I cannot send private messages, probably because I am a "newbie" here. So, I can write (quote) only here. I searched the whole forum to know who could actually work in Brantford, just to communicate with somebody who is a live-in caregiver in the area. I know this forum is good for all people who either work or still look for work in Canada.

tanja.sh30

May 5, 2013
tanja.sh30 said:
Hi,
I got your personal message in my Inbox, but unfortunately I cannot send private messages, probably because I am a "newbie" here. So, I can write (quote) only here. I searched the whole forum to know who could actually work in Brantford, just to communicate with somebody who is a live-in caregiver in the area. I know this forum is good for all people who either work or still look for work in Canada.
I made some friends on the forum before, but unfortunately they now live far from me...that is why I thought it is a good idea to connect with people who may be interested in making new friends in the town. ;)