Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
mismine said:
3 men are standing around watching some women 8)
The first man say ohhh look at that girls big beautiful smile :eek: so nice I love big white beautiful smiles
IM A SMILE MAN
The second man say nooo look at that girl over there with the beautiful breasts :eek: i love them all shapes and sizes I love them
IM A BREAST MAN
The third man say no oh its the girl with the round beautiful batty thats hot she's the one i love them batty
IM A BATTY MAN ;) woops

bahahahah
dead

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
chilld of God said:
I hate it when people use others like that :mad: that just make it bad for everyone else!
we cant say it is a use thing there are two sides to every story, until we know both sides i do not think it is right to judge. Please forgive I do not want to come off harsh. It is just that i have seen the complete opposite happen a girl i knew was sponsored by her husband from Jamaica to come here. Once she landed it became quite obvious to her that he did not want a wife but a slave (yard gal). He caused problems when she wanted to go to school saying if she went to school who would be there to cook his dinners. she tried to compromise by cooking enough for two days he then complained that he worked too hard to be eating over night food. She got a part time job to help out he complained that her working took away from the time she spent with him and the house work. She was not allowed to have any friends and he even went to the point of trying to block her family out of her life. It was very difficult for her because all that he seemed to be when they were dating and when in Jamaica, when she came here the man was a totally different person.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nevaeha said:
Good afternoon my lovelies...I see a lot of us are feeling a little blue today. :-*

I was just reading a post in the POS thread:

"A friend of mines sponsored his wife from Jamaica, in Canada, she got her papers in December- now she wants a divorce. Quite sad...hope this doesn't happen to any of you."

::) *sigh*

COME ON KINGSTON!!!!! 1.5 working days left this week to make our dreams come true!
I hate to judge because I don't know if the marriage was already falling apart before she got to Canada. Regardless of the situation it definitely look bad on her side. And the new law will probably be tough on her. I feel awful for the husband know what he went through to sponsor her to have her just willing to walk away like that.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yolo1980 said:
we cant say it is a use thing there are two sides to every story, until we know both sides i do not think it is right to judge. Please forgive I do not want to come off harsh. It is just that i have seen the complete opposite happen a girl i knew was sponsored by her husband from Jamaica to come here. Once she landed it became quite obvious to her that he did not want a wife but a slave (yard gal). He caused problems when she wanted to go to school saying if she went to school who would be there to cook his dinners. she tried to compromise by cooking enough for two days he then complained that he worked too hard to be eating over night food. She got a part time job to help out he complained that her working took away from the time she spent with him and the house work. She was not allowed to have any friends and he even went to the point of trying to block her family out of her life. It was very difficult for her because all that he seemed to be when they were dating and when in Jamaica, when she came here the man was a totally different person.
That is so true. People change sometimes in ways we couldnt imagine.

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is just definately sad honestly neway on another no still no updates and am getting crazy now because i just dreamt that my hubby got his passport n it was someone elses not his so i know am going crazy being a stalker today so kgn please update us cho!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
mismine said:
That awful :( I hope that does not happen to anyone here either.... Is there a new law with Immigration that protects people from a marriage of convenience?
There is a conditional measure now in force, that applies to permanent residents in relationships of two years or less, with no children in common, whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012.

Here is the news release from the CIC website:

Mississauga, October 26, 2012 — In an ongoing effort to deter people from using marriages of convenience to cheat their way into Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) introduced a new regulation that requires certain sponsored spouses live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years or they risk losing their permanent resident status.

“There are countless cases of marriage fraud across the country,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “I have consulted widely with Canadians, and especially with victims of marriage fraud, who have told me clearly that we must take action to stop this abuse of our immigration system. Sometimes the sponsor in Canada is being duped and sometimes it's a commercial transaction. Implementing a two-year conditional permanent residence period will help deter marriage fraud, prevent the callous victimization of innocent Canadians and help us put an end to these scams.”

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

Minister Kenney was joined at today’s announcement by representatives of Canadians Against Immigration Fraud (CAIF). Sam Benet, President of CAIF stated: “We applaud Minister Kenney for taking bold steps to address the growing problem of marriage fraud and for protecting the integrity of our immigration system.”

“I think it is a very good measure,” added Palwinder Singh Gill, founder of the Canadian Marriage Fraud Victims Society. “Canada’s generous family sponsorship program was being abused because many people were marrying only to get a permanent resident card and then leave their partners. With this rule, those abusing the system will think twice.”

The regulations include an exception for sponsored spouses or partners suffering abuse or neglect. The conditional measure would cease to apply in instances where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by the sponsor or if the sponsor fails to protect the sponsored spouse or partner from abuse or neglect. This abuse or neglect could be perpetrated by the sponsor or a person related to the sponsor, whether or not the abusive party is living in the household or not during the conditional period. The exception would also apply in the event of the death of the sponsor.

The conditional measure is now in force, which means that it applies to permanent residents in relationships of two years or less, with no children in common, whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012.

Conditional permanent residence does not differ from regular permanent residence other than the need to satisfy the two-year requirement.

These regulations bring Canadian policy in line with that of many other countries including Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom, all of whom use a form of conditional status as a deterrent against marriage fraud. The lack of such a measure increased Canada’s vulnerability to this type of unlawful activity. It is expected that by implementing a conditional permanent residence measure of two years as a means to deter marriage fraud, Canada will no longer be considered a “soft target” by individuals considering a marriage of convenience to circumvent Canada’s immigration laws.

“Canadians are generous and welcoming, but they have no tolerance for fraudsters who lie and cheat to jump the queue,” said Minister Kenney. “This measure will help strengthen the integrity of our immigration system and prevent the victimization of innocent Canadians.”

In addition to conditional permanent residence, CIC introduced, in March of this past year, a measure that prohibits sponsored spouses from sponsoring a new spouse for five years following the date they become a permanent resident. Along with a multilingual advertising campaign, CIC released a short video warning people not to be duped into committing marriage fraud. The video directs people to a specific page on the CIC website (www.immigration.gc.ca/antifraud) for advice on how to immigrate to Canada “the right way.”

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
firstladyking said:
Well hello everyone! Just popping in to send some encouragement everyone's way and to big up my girl's Nev, Chickie, and my gents CoG and Maddants and so many others. Life with hubby is like a fairytale come true. Just yesterday we were back tracking how long he's been here because it seems like he's been here longer than a few weeks. It's amazing how life just falls into place once you're finally together. I'm still praying for you all, keep the faith everyone. Take care.

ONE LOVE
FLK!!!!!! :-*

How lovely of you to drop in and say hello! I love hearing that if feels like hubby has always been here by your side - time flies when you're having fun!

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Nevaeha said:
Good afternoon my lovelies...I see a lot of us are feeling a little blue today. :-*

I was just reading a post in the POS thread:

"A friend of mines sponsored his wife from Jamaica, in Canada, she got her papers in December- now she wants a divorce. Quite sad...hope this doesn't happen to any of you."

::) *sigh*

COME ON KINGSTON!!!!! 1.5 working days left this week to make our dreams come true!
hey there sis.....that is so awful for sure....i cant believe it that ppl are doing these thing...i feel bad for the spouse that went through this hole ordeal...she is going to get hers for sure

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
mismine said:
Looks like the status update worked after 10 entries thanks Maddants :)
you are welcome my friend.......glad it work for you

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
firstladyking said:
Well hello everyone! Just popping in to send some encouragement everyone's way and to big up my girl's Nev, Chickie, and my gents CoG and Maddants and so many others. Life with hubby is like a fairytale come true. Just yesterday we were back tracking how long he's been here because it seems like he's been here longer than a few weeks. It's amazing how life just falls into place once you're finally together. I'm still praying for you all, keep the faith everyone. Take care.

ONE LOVE
that is so nice that you and hubby are happy now and dont have to worry about this process anymore....

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
yolo1980 said:
that is so true ........but anyone like that got problems......they really need help :( :( :( :(

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
yolo1980 said:
:eek: The poor girl, that is horrible! I hope she was able to get out of the marriage and is living her life to the fullest.

Yes, there is always two sides to every story; however, immigration fraud is a reality and that is why we must go through this process. I wish they would just hurry up! ;)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Samilanaire said:
That is just definately sad honestly neway on another no still no updates and am getting crazy now because i just dreamt that my hubby got his passport n it was someone elses not his so i know am going crazy being a stalker today so kgn please update us cho!
:eek: :mad:

cblgr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-24-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
21-03-2013
Interview........
still waiting
Passport Req..
still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
Hello everyone!!

Hope you all had a great day, I hope someone can answer a few questions about requesting the notes on your file...how early is too early to request them?

I was approved as a sponsor on March 28 2013 and our file was forwarded to Kingston. (according to the letter we received from CIC) My husband's ecas status still says application received and my status as sponsor says determined. I'm not sure if Kingston has received our file yet.

Does CIC mail the application to kingston or do they just upload documents and everything is reviewed electronically? Do you think it would be best to wait 2 months to ensure that they've received it and hopefully looked at it?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Well Hello Ladies and Gents!

Just thought I would pop in and say HI!

I read back a bit and saw some new faces, Welcome! So glad to see the forum running smoothly and in a positive direction!

Our group represents about 2% of all family class applications going through Kingston in one year. So there is always movement even when we don't see it. As Nev and Chickie said earlier, they ARE working on files, even if they don't post it on E-cas (GRRR!!) I saw no movement and not one response to my emails for ONE YEAR! Then, on my BFD (Bring Forward Date), which for all of us, is one year to the date of sponsorship approval, I got IN PROCESS on my E-CAS.... from that my husband was here in 6 weeks... it went quick. Everyone's process is different for sure. That is just my experience. This is the hardest thing you will ever do. But, your DOING it, your SURVIVING it RIGHT NOW. Keep on, keeping on. You are all strong people, and the reward is great. Have faith! I have faith in all of you!!

Just thought I would share with you our "lil Jambaby"...

Hope you all have a wonderful day no matter what it brings you!!

xx