14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
hey everyone,

I just found this post in another thread and thought I would share it with all you loveee birds in this family forum ... I am not so sure if this is real or not .. maybe some feedback would help prove it

This post applies to people from visa exempt countries who are not in Canada at present,
who are married (or are in a similar relationship as defined by CIC) and who will, or have applied for PR.

So you want to stay in Canada with your spouse while your PR application is being processed?
What you need to do is apply for extended visitor status. You can do this at the time you enter Canada at your point of entry.

From the details I have found, I understand the following:

1. Arrive at the border with your spouse (Mandatory).
2. Carry your marriage certificate.
3. Carry at least one of the following:
a) the partially completed forms to apply for PR (lowest level of proof) or
b) the receipt of payment for the PR application (better proof) or
c) details of your sponsors approval (really good proof).
4. Let your Canadian partner do ALL the talking.
5. Your Canadian partner should tell the IO that you are his/her wife/husband and he/she has applied for your permanent status.
You will be sent to secondary screening at this point.

6. Your Canadian partner must prove to the secondary screening IO that you are married.
7. Your Canadian partner must be prepared to present proof that you actually intend to file, or have filed a PR application.
8. There will be questions about financial support and home address in Canada.
9. What you want is a visitors record (VR), the POE officer at secondary screening can issue this.

The length of time allowed on the VR can be six months or as long as the POE officer decides, either way you can apply to extend a VR once you are in Canada.

Given that you do all this it is likely the officer will grant you entry to wait in Canada for your PR to be approved.
But as usual, there are no guarantees.

I suspect, (but do not know) that you still need to meet all the usual requirements as "a visitor".
And I assume that will include things like intent to return to your non Canadian country.

Of course flying you and your partner between counties is expensive;
For those who do not live in the USA, and are visa exempt, it may be less expensive to fly into the USA and get your partner to drive over the land border to meet you, returning to Canada together.

Additions, corrections, comments and experiences are welcome.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Glo, that is some seriously good news! ;D

I agree that Ecase should be more up to date that would save the million phone calls that KG and every other Embassy is getting.

longdistance - congrats!!!!

Blessings to you all - have a great weekend! :)

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Good Mawning Everyone!
Longdistance Congrats!!!!!

Just here on this cold morning. Still waiting and hoping.
Call JA dis mawning, hubby Recieved a letter from KG will let you all know later what the letter said, he was at work and could not talk, said it was nothing bad, but will tell me later today. So at least things a move and I know they are looking at his case.

Have a Great Day everone, will link lata

Bless

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome news Longdistance. You must be just sooo excited. So KG ended the week with something good. Angella tell that man of yours to read that letter..lol. The waiting to see what it says must be crazy.
Hubby went and applied for a new passport in MoBay yesterday, his expires in Aug so better to be one step ahead.

Hope ya all have a super weekend. Pray for good movement coming from our ever loving friends. :D

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good Glorious Sunday Morning Forum Family,

Longdistance....well girl it is over for you...SO happy your journey with immigration is over :D You must be so excited right now, I can only imagine. ENJOY :D

GLO....so glad you had such a good experience with your MP...I hope they help you and give you some kind of information to help you deal with this process and you soon have your hubby with you.

I was chatting with hubby yesterday and I really think that something should be done about the way KG handles the processing of our files. Sometimes I feel like we are a bunch of criminals and we have no rights during this filing. It just isn't right...we paid for a service and just want our families together. I realize not everyone is above board...but in this time 2010 with all the systems in place we should have a better way of knowing at what point our file is at...just makes no sense to me ...that a file with all the paperwork provided from what they request from their websight...should take 12 months????????? or more!! Maybe a few letters could be written to make "someone" aware of this. I realize they have a job to do...but it just makes no sense that there is absolutely no way of finding out at what point each of our files are at...especially after a certain stage.. 6 months..OK...7 months you start questioning WHEN WHEN??? 8 months you start going crazy and asking why why why?? and 9 months it is like..what the hell is going on???... All I am asking is those that have such a long wait should have a reason why it is taking so long??

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Good Mawing Room!

Well the letter my hubby recieved states: Dear Applicant we have started processing your app on Mar 8, 2010, two months from the date of this letter if applicable you may or may not recieve another letter for an interview. Application processing times for KG is 6mths from the date recieved.

I believe this is the AOR letter? not sure....

So praise God things are being looked at. Just waiting for June to kick in to see if he will get an interview or not.

Take care everyone
Thank is all the updates I have for this time.

Bless

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Yup Angella that is the AOR....

I think they contact you 2 months before an interview not two months after the date of the letter. But welcome to the official KG waiting list!

Well peeps brand new week start today. lets hope for some more updates this week!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 med redo request received
Sassy Nov 08 Dealing with ARC
MedRedo, Fees paid and submitted
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep PP Picked Up 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Requested Caips
Longdistance Feb 09 PP Pick up 12 Months

Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 Contacted MP
Missinghubby April 09 Submitted Med redo
Stressed May 09 Awaiting Medical re-do
soanxiouswifey May 09 Awaiting Med re-do
Confusedandscared June 09 AOR received(dealing with ARC)
Rosemel June 09 Quebec Application
Selection Cert requested and submitted
Homesoon July 09 Decision Made-PR Granted 8 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Pick up PP 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 AOR received
Jamwifey Oct 09 AOR received
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 AOR received
Kimore Nov 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 Orig. Docs Requested and Submitted
Angella Jan 10 AOR received
Canuck Feb 10 Sponsorship Approved
KMC MAR 10 APP. Arrive at CPC-M
Iambless waiting to sen app off
NaeNae waiting to send app off

Updates for the beginning of the week!

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
LDK.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!! let us know when he is coming for sure and let us know how his landing goes

Glo...glad ur mp is up for helping thats awesome

Ang......congrats on the aor...official waiting begins :)

thanks all for the thoughts, nice words and well wishes...funeral service was sad bad went very well.....glad he is at peace now :)

many blessing to you all and your families :)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. A link to this forum was sent to me on another blog so I thought I'd give it a try.

My husband and I just got married on March 30/10. We are about to start the long and tedious process of him applying for PRV. It's not the easiest process and some of the instructions are ambiguous but hopefully we will make it through the paperwork ok.

We have figured out how my husband has to go about getting a medical. He's called 2 doctors in his area and will hopefully be going to one of them sometime this week. It's hard for him to get the time off work...geez!

Does anyone know how to get the police check and how long that takes? He lives in Montego Bay, does he have to go to Kingston?

Also, we plan on having children, I'm not pregnant yet but a family member told me that once I become a sponsor, I cannot receive maternity benefits from employment insurance. Does anyone know if that's true? I live in Ontario....this could pose as a big problem if it is true.

Reading some past posts I see some of you have been lucky to have your PRV approved within 6 months and it has taken much longer for some of you. I'm a little worried about our application because a) there is 15 years age difference and b) he applied for a TRV and was refused on Mar 15/10 because they didn't think he would return to JA.

We planned on getting married this year and I was already going down to JA for a visit Mar 27 to Apr 5 so we decided to get married sooner. This would save me money on travelling in the future and we will hopefully be together sooner. Does anyone know if these things are going to be a huge problem for us during the application process? We used a wedding planner, paid good money for it and have professional photos to prove it amongst other photos...we also had his friends and family at the wedding. We plan on having something in Canada for my friends and family once he is arrives here.

Sorry for the long note! Finding information is not that easy.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
How to obtain a police certificate
Jamaica

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, all applicants aged 18 or older must provide a police certificate.

How or where do I obtain one?

If you live in Jamaica
You must apply in person at this address:

Ministry of National Security
Mutual Life Building - North Tower
2 Oxford Road, Ground Floor
Kingston 5
Jamaica

For your application, you will need:

* your valid passport
* two identical passport-size photographs
* pay the applicable fees. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that Fees are subject to change.

You will be issued a receipt, which you must then bring to:

The Criminal Records Office
Police Certificate Section
34 Duke Street, Kingston
Jamaica

Note: For your application, you may be required to submit fingerprints. If so, follow these instructions:

* Go to the police station closest to where you live.
* Bring a valid passport.
* Request that your fingerprints be taken on the prescribed Jamaican Police form.
* Advise the police officer that the fingerprints are required for immigration purposes.
* The police officer will affix the Police Station's stamp and seal to the form on which the fingerprints are taken and return it to you.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hey Nae Nae: Welcome. I think I invited you.

I posted the info of how to get the police check done. I think its only done in Kingston. The fingerprints are also done at the same place so no need to follow the part about going to the police station.

As far as the medical goes, Make sure its done by a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) or they wont accept it. Here is a list of the DMP's in Jamaica.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2056&CountryName=Jamaica

One Piece of advice to you read that application guide back to front. Its very straight forward and it will help you understand the process a whole lot better. Here is a link for the guides for the two parts of the process...1 for you as a sponsor and 2 for the permanent resident application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

I am sure the others on here will have much more tips to share with you. Especially where the Maternity leave part of it applies.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Welcome Nae Nae! :D

Congrats on your recent wedding ;D

This is going to be the most exciting and at the same time painstakingly slow process of your life! :) ??? You are in good hands - the ladies here are great!

Blessings!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Good morning everyone!

Here is to a good week at KG! :-*

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
HI Nae nae Welcome ..

Congrats on your recent wedding ...I am glad you found this place it will help you in all ways possible

nae-nae said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. A link to this forum was sent to me on another blog so I thought I'd give it a try.

My husband and I just got married on March 30/10. We are about to start the long and tedious process of him applying for PRV. It's not the easiest process and some of the instructions are ambiguous but hopefully we will make it through the paperwork ok.

We have figured out how my husband has to go about getting a medical. He's called 2 doctors in his area and will hopefully be going to one of them sometime this week. It's hard for him to get the time off work...geez!

Does anyone know how to get the police check and how long that takes? He lives in Montego Bay, does he have to go to Kingston?

Also, we plan on having children, I'm not pregnant yet but a family member told me that once I become a sponsor, I cannot receive maternity benefits from employment insurance. Does anyone know if that's true? I live in Ontario....this could pose as a big problem if it is true.

Nae nae WELL to lighten your day your friend/ family was worng ..Employment insurance is fine ...You are allowed to collect that ...ITS full welfare recipet that CIC is concerned about so relax and if you want to get preganat then GO FOR IT...EI is fine

Reading some past posts I see some of you have been lucky to have your PRV approved within 6 months and it has taken much longer for some of you. I'm a little worried about our application because a) there is 15 years age difference and b) he applied for a TRV and was refused on Mar 15/10 because they didn't think he would return to JA.

NAE NAE there is no reson to be worried about age difference ..All that CHC is looking for is genuine relationship ...Proof and well documented relationship ..And about the TRV that is fine its normal to apply for TRV and get rejected my girl ...It will not affect your application.. JUst really document your relationship well with alot of proof pictures plane tickets phone bills letter form freinds and family ..personle letterss .yadda yadda .
We planned on getting married this year and I was already going down to JA for a visit Mar 27 to Apr 5 so we decided to get married sooner. This would save me money on travelling in the future and we will hopefully be together sooner. Does anyone know if these things are going to be a huge problem for us during the application process? We used a wedding planner, paid good money for it and have professional photos to prove it amongst other photos...we also had his friends and family at the wedding. We plan on having something in Canada for my friends and family once he is arrives here.

Sorry for the long note! Finding information is not that easy.