NO!!!
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
18-05-2012
Hello everyone,

Question: I am at the process where my husband and I waiting to hear from KG. I believe they will call him, am I right? And when they do will he get the visa the same day when he goes to KG? He lives very far away about a 4 hour drive. He was planning he may just stay in KG until he gets the vias. As a pose to traveling back and forth. Please anyone been through this already let me know.

Basha

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Well here is my story

I was staying at a resort and the nightly entertainment started. I am not one for AI's or the night time stuff - but I stayed and watched. This was our 2nd night there. After the show my BFF and I were having drinks and the entertainers came over and started chatting us up. We ended up hanging out with them all night - till 630am the next morning. Turns out that they don't work at the hotel and they travel around to all the resorts and other venues playing with their band.

Well needless to say the BFF and I went to bed and then woke up to go shopping for 10am as we booked a shopping trip. We never saw the guys again the rest of the trip. I get home and turn my blackberry on and there are 5 VM's on there -all from the soon to be hubby. He had been looking for me the following day and wanted to hang out. He left his number for me to call him so I sent a text message and we have been talking ever since. So after only spending 8 hours with the guy i knew he was the one. I have been skeptical about meeting guys in the Caribbean as I have been down to many island and now how a lot of the guys work, but mine is different. We talked for months before I went back down there to see him again and it was like it was the first night - however a little different because we were in love. I am going down again in 3 days and I can't wait to see him and start planning the wedding. July is fast approaching and I have a lot to do still.

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Whoot whooot Happy dance less than 48 hrs till I am in my hubbys
And then to top it all off my file is now updated
****** updated to recv'd in KGN & medicals recv'd ******
OMG I AM SOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW …….GOD IS GREAT

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
Have a blast Amandawood!!!!! Safe travels!!

Great story sammystorm!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
BASHA said:
Hello everyone,

Question: I am at the process where my husband and I waiting to hear from KG. I believe they will call him, am I right? And when they do will he get the visa the same day when he goes to KG? He lives very far away about a 4 hour drive. He was planning he may just stay in KG until he gets the vias. As a pose to traveling back and forth. Please anyone been through this already let me know.

Basha
Yes they will call him when they are ready for his passport. They do not issue the visa the same day, it can take anywhere from approximatly a week to 4 weeks. At times, they ask for the applicant to come back for the passport and other times they request a DHL prepaid slip so that they can return the passport by DHL when they are finished but this is up to the immigration officer and they let you know this when they call.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Great stories, Charlie, ali, amanda,and sammy! Thank you for sharing. This is helping the time pass... anyone else want to share or should we start a next topic?

Road2calgary

Feb 4, 2012
Hey group fam!
Ok here goes my "how I met my husband" story! Let go back before we go forward......I was in a long term marriage/ relationship that ended in divorce due to infidelity on his part. Through the darkest times I remember asking God to keep my heart open for the person He will choose for me as I have so much love to give. Fast forward.....I met my husband on the job! Lol! I was an immigration officer in Jamaica, on this particular day I was workin exit immigration when this gentleman walked to my booth, while processing him I saw he had this newly released book and being an avid reader we started discussing this book "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore. He offered me the book, which I quickly refused, me being the proper immigration officer who does not accept anything from any passenger, so the process was completed and off he went. About 20 mins. later I saw this gentleman walk back to my desk, place the book on my desk and walk away. I could not move as I had a long line off passenger in front of me. When the hall had cleared I quickly started searching for him to give him his book but he was long gone! I opened the the book and inside was the inscription: To MY FIRST NAME, (he had gotten it from my name pin) From HIS FULL NAME and his telephone number, I busted out laughing, thinking he expects me to call him, yeah right, not happening. The next day I left my cell phone at home inadvertently. When I got home I got home I had over twenty missed call from a number I didn't recognize, two mins. later my phone was ringing and of course you guessed it!.......I t was him! I asked him how he had gotten my number, he said he had called every entity on the airport until he had gotten my office number, when he finally spoke to someone in my office and explained, they gave him my number! That is such a no no against office regulations......but I guess we were meant to be! We started talking and were on the phone for hours! And we have not stopped talking since......we are now 5 years together and it is total bliss. Oh by the way I found out who gave him my number and I am still thanking her to this day. She says after she gave him my number and he hung up she said " my God what did I just do?" I am sure God knew.......

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Rd2Calgary...

That is the sweetest story ever... your man is so brave and kinda romantic too!

It's funny cuz the night I met my hubby, one of my friend's was trying to set me up and be quite blunt and obvious about it all. My friend was saying to the two of us "Jamgirl, if you date Jamboy, then I swear it will be the best relationship you have ever been in, and if Im wrong, I will give you my car. I swear!"

lol

At the wedding I told my friend, "I guess your off the hook on the car deal!" We both laughed...

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
Road2Calgary......omg that's awesome! LOL

BASHA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Interview........
NO!!!
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
18-05-2012
lonely_wife said:
Yes they will call him when they are ready for his passport. They do not issue the visa the same day, it can take anywhere from approximatly a week to 4 weeks. At times, they ask for the applicant to come back for the passport and other times they request a DHL prepaid slip so that they can return the passport by DHL when they are finished but this is up to the immigration officer and they let you know this when they call.
Thanks for the reply.
Basha

Bling

Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2011
AOR Received.
13-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-06-2011
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
OMG I love these....

So I was over at a friends house (whos wife had just passed away a month earlier) for dinner one night and as we are sitting around the table having oxtail (first time I tried and is now one of my favourites). My friends phone rang... it was his nehpew calling from Jamaica (my now hubby). As my friend was talking on the phone with his nephew he says "there is a girl sitting across the table from me right now that you've got to meet". My gaurd goes up and say no no i'm not talking to any guy in Jamaica i'm good no thank you. But be being the nice person that I am I take the phone and we start to talk we only talked for a few minutes but he told me his name and stuff and said to add him on facebook... I could find him through his cousins that I'm also friends with. So a few days latter I add him on facebook and i'm not much of a facebooker and he's even worse so never communicated much on fb. The next time i'm talking to his uncle he says to me that his nephew won't leave him alone he keeps asking for my number but didn't want to give it to him unless it was ok with me, I say sure why not go ahead give the guy my number. Later that day i go on fb and i see that hubby had posted his BlackBerry pin so me being the shameless individual that i am I added him to bbm and we haven't gone more then a day without talking to each other.

I went down to ja when my friends were going, my hubby lives right next to my friends house (hubby's uncles) in ja. I asked him what he would do when we finally met face to face and he said he would give me a big hug and kiss me. I said no i'm a lady and there would be no kissing i'm not that easy.... well i couldn't help myself and i kissed him right there on the spot. Love at first sight.... we had an amazing week together and i've been going down to visit/get married every 4 months since.

Sassyoneil

Sep 1, 2011
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2010/redo 20-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
UPDATE UPDATE

Hubby ticket booked for the 29th March!! Spoke to the Immigration lady today! She spoke to hubby prior and hubby was there pinging me to mek sure mi ansa me phone. Never saw the pings till after :)

So CHARLIE UPDATE ME!!! LOL

Lovely "How did I meet my hubby/wife" stories!

My Story
Like some of you...I was married before..gave years of my life to a man who wasn't worth it..felt like God was no where to be found..I was soo depressed and this man wouldn't let me leave..I stayed with him because of the children..but the kids were never happy either, they knew what was going on. Anyway I finally got my divorce when my family stepped in and threaten him and he finally let me go!

So fast forward to hubby story now...so I am good friends with my neighbour (hubby brother) who was talking to hubby one day when I said who you talking with? He said his bro. Friend is fine!! so i expected brother to be fine as hell too..So he told his bro that he has a girl to give him (Friend knew what I have been through and wouldn't introduce me to someone unless it was right) So he gave his bro my number..for some strange reason though when hubby texted me, I wasn't too into him..I wasn't sure why..anyway I forgot all about him till he called 2 weeks after..when I answered I said who this? I caught him off guard that he felt bad and never called or texted till about a few days later..he texted "Is it ok to call now? lol I felt so bad that I said yes..and we have been talking ever since. I knew I wanted to be with him even before we met in person..4 months after talking and texting I went to JA..I knew the very first day I met him that he was gonna be my husband...when I said I prayed about it I really did..I asked God to send me someone that loves me as much as I love him...and God has such a sense of humor that he gave me someone exactly like me so much so that people thinks we are brother and sister (We look soo much alike) Our families said we have to check that out cause one person cant look like another so and not related..I tell them GOD answers prayers!

So if you think that you have been through it all and you are wondering where is God..remember that God is always on time..and things will eventually fall into place..TRUST.

S.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hey everyone!!!

I was going throught my old post to find my love story lol here is what I wrote a year ago

My love story....

I met my husband online in 2007 and at first I was very scared considering I was only 19 and my husband was 18 plus we barely had any life experience. I was very naïve and I had doubts that he may want to be with me for papers. I decided to talk to him online for a while but we agreed that we would not be in relationships with anybody else. I never knew how complicated it was for someone from another country to come to Canada but when I found out I decided that I was starting to really like this guy and I wanted to meet him. Despite my father approval, I decided to follow my heart and fly on a plane by myself to Jamaica with my own money that I had earned working while going to college. OMG the scariest thing I have ever done in my life lol specially knowing that anything could have happened to me. We had agreed that he would meet me at the airport and we would go back to his house to meet his mom and drop off some of the luggage as we were booked to go to Starfish Resort in Trelawny. OMG I slept with my passport and money between the mattresses because I was a little scared at first because everyone had put some many things in my mind. During our stay at Starfish I really got comfortable with him, he really reassured me and that's where I was able to confirm that I had really fallen in love with him. We talked about marriage then but I mean we were still very young and because of our age we decided to put that on hold and just have a long distance relationship for a while. I travelled back and forth to Jamaica a few times a year and in feb. 2010 we got married because we couldn't deal with the distance that separated us and we knew that we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives. We filed the papers in june 2010 the reason for the few months delay is due to the marriage certificate having mistake poor hubby had to go back there about 5 times to try to get things fixed but oh well after all everything got sent and we are patiently waiting and hoping to start our new life together in the near future.

So after all our wait is now over and hubby has been here in Canada with me since June 2011. Everyday I wake up beside the man I love. We have an awesome relationship, I must say that at times things get a little rough but each day that we are together is a blessing. I married the man of my dreams and I thank God everyday that my hubby messaged me online. I haven't gone one day without talking to him or seeing him. I truly feel like I married my bestfriend and we have been together now for 5 years and we are still going strong and hoping to start our family in the near future.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
here is a picture of me and hubby...

icesfluffy

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
burlington,toronto, sauga, ontairo
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 23, 2011
AOR Received.
nov 10, 2011
File Transfer...
NOV,10,2011
Med's Done....
JULY,20,2011
its funny alot a people in here started relastionships at starfish lol i loved that resort but since it turnd to breezez i heard its not the same but thank god for starfish