+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kind help: all gurus

abhijsen

Jun 27, 2009
Hello Rupeshhari/others

If you have some time, could you help me with the following questions. I went thru the FAQ but did not find the answers there. My sincere apologies if some of the questions have already been answered elsewhere.

(1) I read in the website that 01-Apr-2009 is the last date that PR applications should reach Sydney, NS. Does that mean they are not accepting any more applications this year?

(2) The 2 self addreses labels - are they to be cut from a piece of paper or are there standard labels available for this purpose? If to be cut from a piece of paper, what should be the size of these labels?

(3) How do I get certified cheques in the US for canadian dollars?

(4) The stage 2 documentation says "Transcripts must be submitted in university-sealed envelopes" what does university sealed envelopes mean? I have my BE certificate as it is, no envelopes for the same, same for my PGDM (MBA) diploma.

(5) What is the difference between college/university degrees and transcripts?

(6) Notarized employment contracts - is this the same as offer letter of employment? If yes, are all pages of the offer letter to be notarized?

(7) Original and up-to-date letters of reference - The requirements seem to be a little steep. I can surely get work-ex letters from all companies which would have the period of work and designation held but to also include main responsibilities and duties, total annual salary and benefits in the same letter and also the business card, isn't it a little unreasonable? Most companies have standard work-ex letter formats and they dont add any extra information. I am not sure how to get reference letters exactly in the format requested. Are all people actually getting these letters? I can ask my current employer to make an exception and to get me a specific letter but surely I cannot ask my previous employers to do so because now I am not working with them and they will probaby have no interest to help me out in such a big way!

Kindly advise because although I meet the requirements, I think getting such specific reference letters will not be possible. Is there any other way out? Also do we have to provide such letters from 'all' employers, not from one employer with whom we may have performed the said duties for more than 1 year?

Thank you. ASen.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll try to answer your question per my knowledge but I recommend you, you need to study very good cic website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

abhijsen said:
Hello Rupeshhari/others

If you have some time, could you help me with the following questions. I went thru the FAQ but did not find the answers there. My sincere apologies if some of the questions have already been answered elsewhere.

(1) I read in the website that 01-Apr-2009 is the last date that PR applications should reach Sydney, NS. Does that mean they are not accepting any more applications this year?

Its not last date but a date from that date all application will undergo to sydney.

(2) The 2 self addreses labels - are they to be cut from a piece of paper or are there standard labels available for this purpose? If to be cut from a piece of paper, what should be the size of these labels?

Just print your adress on peace of paper as standard adress size writen on envelopes. This is what most of members did.

(3) How do I get certified cheques in the US for canadian dollars?

Try to coontact international banks , example llike HSBC or money exchange, that will help you to prepare a check in canadian dollars. depend on your location, if still you are unable to figure out, then ask here question with your current location, hopefully some one from same your location will reply you, how to do this.

(4) The stage 2 documentation says "Transcripts must be submitted in university-sealed envelopes" what does university sealed envelopes mean? I have my BE certificate as it is, no envelopes for the same, same for my PGDM (MBA) diploma.

You should contact your University, ask them provide you one sealed envelope with your transcripts in. They sould definatily provide you university sealed envelop. If nothing works, expain reason in one cover lletter to cic. Hope that will work.

(5) What is the difference between college/university degrees and transcripts?

Transcripts are marksheets, degrees are degrees :)))). Better serach wikepedia..

(6) Notarized employment contracts - is this the same as offer letter of employment? If yes, are all pages of the offer letter to be notarized?

I coulddn't understand, what mean offer letter. Every employer should made a contract with employee when employee strats work regular. This is one type of term letter which explain when you start job, how long would be last, your duties,salaries and other specific term and responsibilities from employer. P.S Notarized contracts onlly needed at some visa offices, not all. So make sure you have read your visa specific guide too. You caan find visa office specific guide by selecting your current place here,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp

(7) Original and up-to-date letters of reference - The requirements seem to be a little steep. I can surely get work-ex letters from all companies which would have the period of work and designation held but to also include main responsibilities and duties, total annual salary and benefits in the same letter and also the business card, isn't it a little unreasonable? Most companies have standard work-ex letter formats and they dont add any extra information. I am not sure how to get reference letters exactly in the format requested. Are all people actually getting these letters? I can ask my current employer to make an exception and to get me a specific letter but surely I cannot ask my previous employers to do so because now I am not working with them and they will probaby have no interest to help me out in such a big way

Well, answer is, just follow rules and instruction what CIC made. Try your best to fullfiil requirements, if any thhing you can't do, try to explain them with reasons. If your letter doesn;t contain salary information, you may attach salary slips ,yes? if lettter doesn;t contain duration you worked, you can attach your contract or documnts whhich will provide proof what CIC neeed from you.

Good luck

Kindly advise because although I meet the requirements, I think getting such specific reference letters will not be possible. Is there any other way out? Also do we have to provide such letters from 'all' employers, not from one employer with whom we may have performed the said duties for more than 1 year?

Thank you. ASen.