+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kids Status Re-instatement

Goody1

Feb 1, 2022
Hello Team ,

My wife and i have valid work permit, i came in first and my family followed up with a visit visa. We managed to get my wife a work permit as she was a dependent on me.
My kids enrolled in school as they were also dependent on me. Currently we were invited to apply for PR and I am told since the kids status has expired for couple of months (over 90 days) it may affect the application ?

I am tempted to proceed with application as i feel my kids status was as a result of my ignorance and also since my wife and i have Valid work permit , can any one advice a better way forward ?

I am told I have to decline the ITA and seek restoration for the kids before i can apply again in a year time ?

also another advice is going to the border and explain myself and hope i am favored , but we all don't have TRV, I have valid visa to enter US but not sure if this helps ?

please I need a coach

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Team ,

My wife and i have valid work permit, i came in first and my family followed up with a visit visa. We managed to get my wife a work permit as she was a dependent on me.
My kids enrolled in school as they were also dependent on me. Currently we were invited to apply for PR and I am told since the kids status has expired for couple of months (over 90 days) it may affect the application ?

I am tempted to proceed with application as i feel my kids status was as a result of my ignorance and also since my wife and i have Valid work permit , can any one advice a better way forward ?

I am told I have to decline the ITA and seek restoration for the kids before i can apply again in a year time ?

also another advice is going to the border and explain myself and hope i am favored , but we all don't have TRV, I have valid visa to enter US but not sure if this helps ?

please I need a coach
If their status expired over 90 days ago then it's too late to apply for restoration from within Canada. The only option to restore their status is to physically leave Canada and then re-enter. Theoretically you should be able to do this through flagpoling. But I don't have the knowledge to tell you for sure if this is possible.

I can't comment on impacts to your EE application. All applicants do need to be in status. However I don't know if that means at the time you submit the complete application or if it's doable to submit without this being the case and fix after the fact.

Once you fix their status, make sure you apply for extensions to their visitor status to keep them legal in Canada until such a time as PR is approved.

Goody1

Feb 1, 2022
If their status expired over 90 days ago then it's too late to apply for restoration from within Canada. The only option to restore their status is to physically leave Canada and then re-enter. Theoretically you should be able to do this through flagpoling. But I don't have the knowledge to tell you for sure if this is possible.

I can't comment on impacts to your EE application. All applicants do need to be in status. However I don't know if that means at the time you submit the complete application or if it's doable to submit without this being the case and fix after the fact.

Once you fix their status, make sure you apply for extensions to their visitor status to keep them legal in Canada until such a time as PR is approved.

Alright thanks for the reply , I see to many risk here because no one is really sure if I try to flagpole. Base on your response means i need to decline my ITA and reapply when the kids get status restored.?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alright thanks for the reply , I see to many risk here because no one is really sure if I try to flagpole. Base on your response means i need to decline my ITA and reapply when the kids get status restored.?
I don't know the answer to the ITA question.

Dana Dan

Jul 13, 2021
Hello Team ,

please I need a coach
Hello may i know what happened as iam really in the same situation, will this affect my pr application? And what should i do with my kids status ?Please advise