+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keeping status legal in Canada

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I am on a PGWP in Canada and my spouse is on SOWP. Our work permit is expiring in January 2024 so i don't qualify for the work permit extension, unfortunately.
Our CRS score together is around 475 and my CRS alone is around 490. Is there any hope that there could be a draw at 475 this year?

I was thinking of submitting an EE profile with my spouse and waiting for 2-3 months and if there won't be a draw at this score i can withdraw the application and apply for just myself. After i receive the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter from IRCC, I can apply for BOWP and renew my spouse's SOWP. I am not sure if it would work like this. Can it work like this?

Can anyone please suggest what can we do to keep our status legal in Canada as the time for the work permit is nearing?

Thanks all in advance

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello experts

I am on a PGWP in Canada and my spouse is on SOWP. Our work permit is expiring in January 2024 so i don't qualify for the work permit extension, unfortunately.
Our CRS score together is around 475 and my CRS alone is around 490. Is there any hope that there could be a draw at 475 this year?

I was thinking of submitting an EE profile with my spouse and waiting for 2-3 months and if there won't be a draw at this score i can withdraw the application and apply for just myself. After i receive the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter from IRCC, I can apply for BOWP and renew my spouse's SOWP. I am not sure if it would work like this. Can it work like this?

Can anyone please suggest what can we do to keep our status legal in Canada as the time for the work permit is nearing?

Thanks all in advance
Nobody can tell you if it will go as low as 475 but yes it may we never know with IRCC

You can submit single if your score is higher - How do you plan on including spouse ? or will spouse make his/her own application?

Once you get ITA, you can submit BOWP and SOWP Extension

You can also apply for a fake WP ext which many people do if no ITA by the time the PGWP expires & update it later with ITA info
However you need to maintain status - Moving to a VV is another option

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
When can i apply for BOWP ? Is it after ITA or acknowledgment of receipt(not sure what that is) ? How long is the BOWP issued for ? Can i also apply to extend my spouse SOWP applying for BOWP ?