+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keeping my PR..

May 15, 2024
Hey there, I have a question regarding about my PR being possibly "revoked" because i haven't complied my obligation as a PR holder. My only question is that will they notify me if they are trying to revoke my pr? if so can I obliged to fight for it?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hey there, I have a question regarding about my PR being possibly "revoked" because i haven't complied my obligation as a PR holder. My only question is that will they notify me if they are trying to revoke my pr? if so can I obliged to fight for it?
The process starts when you try to enter Canada. You are better off renouncing PR than waiting for them to revoke as it can be a very long process. Also, you won't be able to apply for ETA if you need to travel to Canada while this gets sorted.
If your intention is to move back to Canada, it might be worth trying to enter and see if you can stay to meet the RO.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your PR Card still valid? If it is, you can return to Canada (via a commercial carrier) and if you are not reported by CBSA upon entry, just remain in Canada until you are in compliance.

If your card is expired, you can only enter Canada via the U.S. at a land crossing in a private vehicle, or on foot. Same scenario would apply regarding CBSA.

May 15, 2024
What if I wait for them to email me about the revoking so that i can write my appeal letter saying regarding humanitaran grounds?. because i have been defamed. they charged me of a crime that i didnt do but then i ended up not guilty, and my reasoning why i moved back to my country of origin is because I am still going to school proving them even more that I actually have my life intact. and defamation is definitely part of humanitarian grounds I think

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What if I wait for them to email me about the revoking so that i can write my appeal letter saying regarding humanitaran grounds?. because i have been defamed. they charged me of a crime that i didnt do but then i ended up not guilty, and my reasoning why i moved back to my country of origin is because I am still going to school proving them even more that I actually have my life intact. and defamation is definitely part of humanitarian grounds I think
They aren't going to actively search for people who don't meet RO unless they are actively entering Canada or interacting with IRCC (like renewing your PR card). You'll be waiting for that e-mail a long time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When you enter Canada they will tell you
They aren’t going to start the process until you enter Canada. How have you been defamed and charged with a crime? Do you even know what defamation means? Having PR potentially revoked is not even defamation or a crime. Going to school outside Canada is not H&C.

May 15, 2024
When you enter Canada they will tell you

They aren’t going to start the process until you enter Canada. How have you been defamed and charged with a crime? Do you even know what defamation means? Having PR potentially revoked is not even defamation or a crime. Going to school outside Canada is not H&C.
Yes I got defamed because I got charged with a crime I didn't do and that's what pushed me to go to school outside canada, so that I can prove to them that even though they charged me and failed to make me guilty I just want them to realize that i actually am a good person

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I got defamed because I got charged with a crime I didn't do and that's what pushed me to go to school outside canada, so that I can prove to them that even though they charged me and failed to make me guilty I just want them to realize that i actually am a good person
It's not about showing them that you are a good person.

You need to meet the residency obligation to keep your PR status.

If you do not meet the residency obligation, then you need to try to find a way to return to Canada without being reported at the border and then remain in Canada without leaving until you meet the residency obligation.

If your PR card has expired and you are unable to fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a US / Canada land border, then you need to try applying for a PRTD under H&C and to try to convince IRCC that you had compelling H&C reasons that kept you outside of Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you were charged with a crime in Canada and then left? What was the outcome of the charges? If a police check is done will your criminal record be on it?

Reactions: Buletruck