+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just Received IELTS Score (Stopped At Writing At 6.5 Bands, Others At 7+ Bands)

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

Hope you are fine and doing well.

I am writing to ask you about my IELTS score which I just get.

My score is -

Overall Band 7.5
Listening 8.5 - CLB 10
Reading 7.0 - CLB 9
Writing 6.5 - CLB 8
Speaking 7.0 - CLB 9

With this score, my total express entry as per different calculators coming up between 407 to 413 while if this writing score increase to CLB 9, then it will reach upwards to at least 462.

So what you suggest? What I have to do? If I fill for only Writing evaluation, do there is ever a case where your score reduce from your current one too?

Also, the TRF will be with me by this week's end, so is it fine if I make my Express Entry Profile and if I go for revaluation, and the result will come in two month's time, then is it fine if I update my score at later stage.

Please suggest what to do? Just very close.

Thanks
Karan

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karenn1617 said:
Hello guys,

My score is -

Overall Band 7.5
Listening 8.5 - CLB 10
Reading 7.0 - CLB 9
Writing 6.5 - CLB 8
Speaking 7.0 - CLB 9

With this score, my total express entry as per different calculators coming up between 407 to 413 while if this writing score increase to CLB 9, then it will reach upwards to at least 462.

So what you suggest? What I have to do? If I fill for only Writing evaluation, do there is ever a case where your score reduce from your current one too?

Also, the TRF will be with me by this week's end, so is it fine if I make my Express Entry Profile and if I go for revaluation, and the result will come in two month's time, then is it fine if I update my score at later stage.

Thanks
Karan
Go for revaluation. I know someone whose score jumped from 6 to 7.5 after revaluating his writing and as a result his crs increased by over 50.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Anya654 said:
Go for revaluation. I know someone whose score jumped from 6 to 7.5 after revaluating his writing and as a result his crs increased by over 50.
I would like to support your answer

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
nickarter84 said:
I would like to support your answer
Hello guys,

Thanks for the quick answer.

One question, while in revaluation - are there any chance that the score will go less than the current OR will it at least stay at same.

Thanks again.

Karan

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karenn1617 said:
Hello guys,

Thanks for the quick answer.

One question, while in revaluation - are there any chance that the score will go less than the current OR will it at least stay at same.

Thanks again.

Karan

score in most cases remains same or increased but there is always 1% chance that it can go down but thats a rare incidence so dnt worry ,take a chance and go for it best of luck.
one thing the scores will be frozen for the period it is under re evaluation means cic will not be able to see your scores online

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
caddr said:
score in most cases remains same or increased but there is always 1% chance that it can go down but thats a rare incidence so dnt worry ,take a chance and go for it best of luck.
one thing the scores will be frozen for the period it is under re evaluation means cic will not be able to see your scores online

Well Okay so what you suggest whether I will make my CIC Express Entry profile at the moment or not.

OR the second thing which I am thinking is prepare the CIC Express Entry profile and wait to see how the next cut-off will go as the reason new government just come in Canada. And if my calculations are correct, the next cut-off will be there maximum by next Friday.

So what you say to make the profile at the moment and wait for one cut-off and if the cut-off is above what my score is, then I will go for revaluation. As revaluation will be done within four weeks from the time the Test report form comes.

Please suggest your opinion.

Thanks.

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can make ee profile and update the scores when you get them re evaluated but make sure at the time of invitation your scores are accessible by cic online . like u are just .5 band short in writing so go for re evaluation as you have pretty good chances of increase.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
caddr said:
you can make ee profile and update the scores when you get them re evaluated but make sure at the time of invitation your scores are accessible by cic online . like u are just .5 band short in writing so go for re evaluation as you have pretty good chances of increase.
Thanks my friend for all your inputs.

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moreover, bc takes 8-10 weeks for re evaluation while idp takes around 7-9 weeks so keep that timeframe in mind. Most imp thing, at the time of invitation make sure your re evaluation process is completed else score and trf no will be locked and you will not be able to edit them in case of increase in score as trf no also changes with the increased scores in the re evaluation.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
caddr said:
moreover, bc takes 8-10 weeks for re evaluation while idp takes around 7-9 weeks so keep that timeframe in mind. Most imp thing, at the time of invitation make sure your re evaluation process is completed else score and trf no will be locked and you will not be able to edit them in case of increase in score as trf no also changes with the increased scores in the re evaluation.
I completely get your point mate. In short, it would be like if I put my score for revaluation and suppose I will get an invitation in my current created EE profile, then I will not be able to accept that. Reason because the score is not accessible by the Government.

So basically if I calculate the risk, it is fine as with discussions here what I am proposing now is -

1. To make my EE profile once I have TRF in hand.
2. Wait for one cut-off which I believe will be there maximum by next Friday as new Government comes into existence yesterday only.
3. If cut-off is not that much as per my score, then I will apply for revaluation as I got total four weeks time to apply for revaluation once I get the TRF.
4. In that revaluation period, whatever (if) the invitations received, I have to decline it as the Government can't access my IELTS score at all as original IELTS score card plus my IELTS score online access is not available.
5. Once I have the revaluated IELTS result with me (with strong chances of 0.5 increase in score in writing), I can update both my TRF no. as well as the score (whatever applicable), bringing my EE score to above 450.

Well with points 1 to 5 above, I think this calculated risk seems fine as at least I am very closer now to make it above 450 score in the first go itself if revaluation result is in my favor (0.5 mere increase require after all).

Thanks again for all your inputs and time.
Karan

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 things.

1. Your score remains the same or goes up. Only if it goes up, you are refunded the amount you pay for revaluation.

2. CIC requires that the IELTS be valid as on the date you submit your post ITA application. Even if it is in the process of revaluation, it is still a valid result with a valid TRF. Applying for revaluation doesn't take away it's validity. It becomes invalid on its own after 2 years.

3. At 413, there is almost zero chance of getting an ITA. Now or in the foreseeable future.

Go ahead with the revaluation process and also book another IELTS session as a backup. If you've repeated the IELTS multiple times already, try and not be frustrated but observe where you're going wrong and focus on those areas.

All the best!

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
I am also in a similar situation..
My IELTS score is:

Reading - 7.5 CLB 9
Writing - 7 CLB 9
Speaking - 8.5 CLB 10
Listening - 7.5 CLB 8

If I get 8 in listening my CRS score will improve a lot.

Please guide me with the revaluation process, How to get the IELTS score revalued??

Please treat this as urgent ;) ;) ;)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
karenn1617 said:
Hello guys,

My score is -

Overall Band 7.5
Listening 8.5 - CLB 10
Reading 7.0 - CLB 9
Writing 6.5 - CLB 8
Speaking 7.0 - CLB 9

Thanks
Karan
Go for revaluation but make sure you give your exams again as soon as possible. that's a better way to fight. Go and get 7 in writing.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nafstyle said:
I am also in a similar situation..
My IELTS score is:

Reading - 7.5 CLB 9
Writing - 7 CLB 9
Speaking - 8.5 CLB 10
Listening - 7.5 CLB 8

If I get 8 in listening my CRS score will improve a lot.

Please guide me with the revaluation process, How to get the IELTS score revalued??

Please treat this as urgent ;) ;) ;)
Check with your IELTS administrator.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Anya654 said:
I'm down with it