+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got fired from the job while ircc processing my application.

Rahul Ram

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

I just got fired from my part time job. I just got aor yesterday for my citizenship application. Should I let ircc know that I no longer work there. I put this employment as current during my citizenship application.
Should I create a web form and let them know or it isn't a big deal.

Thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I just got fired from my part time job. I just got aor yesterday for my citizenship application. Should I let ircc know that I no longer work there. I put this employment as current during my citizenship application.

Thanks.
Employment does not impact your citizenship application but you can inform IRCC via webform.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
No need or reason to notify IRCC of changes in employment occurring AFTER the application is submitted.

Once the application is signed and submitted applicants are only required to notify IRCC if information provided in the application has changed. Most of the information in the application will not change since it is historical, like work history, address history, travel history, and so on.

Some information in the application can change, like current contact information, and very importantly, whether the applicant is subject to a prohibition. Thus, if there is any event resulting in a prohibition (like being charged with an indictable offence), that information needs to be given to IRCC. In the process of submitting the application the applicant certifies they will notify IRCC of such changes.

In regards to employment, only employment history (up to the date of application) is included in the application. So no need to advise IRCC of any subsequent changes in employment . . . UNLESS the applicant is asked ("where do you work?" or similar question is common during an interview; RQ-related requests can also ask for information about current employment but these requests appear to be infrequent these days).

Sorry you have been fired. Hope you are OK and find work soon.