Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
The option C printout doesn't have to be an original copy, it can be a photocopy I called CIC before I sent in my application and asked. Because I am an outland application I called and got the Option C Printout delivered to my parents in canada they scanned it and emailed it to me and I printed it out! We had a lot of confusion about that part during our filliing out the application to sponsor, and being out of Canada it isn't easy to call CIC. I was approved to sponsor my spouse with no issues! ;D

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
MelissaJohn said:
The option C printout doesn't have to be an original copy, it can be a photocopy I called CIC before I sent in my application and asked. Because I am an outland application I called and got the Option C Printout delivered to my parents in canada they scanned it and emailed it to me and I printed it out! We had a lot of confusion about that part during our filliing out the application to sponsor, and being out of Canada it isn't easy to call CIC. I was approved to sponsor my spouse with no issues! ;D
Another heads up....the sponsor checklist was updated Feb 2016 and Notice of Assessment is what is now required. There was no mention of Option C. And FYI, option C can now be printed off from your online CRA account.
*Mandie*

crayvenblue

Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21/03/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
MelissaJohn said:
Hi! I was wondering how you were able to call CIC? I'm a bit worried because I've submitted my husband's application in February with my option c print out and didn't noticed that there was a new checklist that was uploaded just this February requiring a notice of assessment instead of option C. Thanks! :)

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
crayvenblue said:
Hi! I was wondering how you were able to call CIC? I'm a bit worried because I've submitted my husband's application in February with my option c print out and didn't noticed that there was a new checklist that was uploaded just this February requiring a notice of assessment instead of option C. Thanks! :)
I think you should be fine with option c...I wouldn't worry about this.
*Mandie*

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
It was actually really random how we found out, we called the Canadian foreign affairs office and one of the options was to be transferred to the CIC help line. So we tried and it worked, I don't remember which numbers but that's how. We used the "Magic Jack" app on our phones to call! Also I wouldn't worry about the notice of assessment either, because Option C is basically just a more detailed Notice of Assessment.

can-ita

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016, 9-05-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
Thanks for the info! I actually had to wait for the option C to arrive from my parents in Canada before submitting our app.
And I wasn't really sure what to send, so I sent option C and notice of assessment just in case!