+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

DSL2011

Jun 7, 2024
DSL2011 said:
Hi,
Just got GU2 , what weird only for my self not for my spouse , @hssrp or anyone any idea what it could be?

Our timeline:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1827
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family (2)
Application sent: June 4
Delivered: June 4
AOR: June 12
IP: June 14
BG - July 31
Test Completed - Aug 20
LPP-In process
GU2 - Sep 17 (Only myself, no for my spouse)
did You both complete the test at the same day?

No, my wife completed the test , 2 days after me.
My wife still don't have GU update as I have yesterday , is it because she had test 2 days after me, I thought file goes as one group ?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
People have received OATH email before the tracker updated and LPP still showed in progress. It confirms all process is complete. Dont think they have to wait on tracker. Email confirms it. Another profile here had the same happen, LPP was in progress but they got oath letter. Dont remember if their tracker was updated after that.
Yes pretty normal @trajectory@3 . Tracker has 2 business days delay and emails are real time so sometimes the emails come before the tracker update (which will eventually update within 2 days). Email is an official confirmation.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
My wife still don't have GU update as I have yesterday , is it because she had test 2 days after me, I thought file goes as one group ?
Even if submitted together as family applications, only the oath is scheduled together and all previous steps progresses on its own merit for each applicant in the group.

Reactions: DSL2011

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I would say, everything related to application (things like language proof, passport, i94 travel history if pertinent) , but focus what the interview is for, if you know. If prohibitions is pending, then have all IDs like passport, license on top shelf of file etc. If physical presence, then old bills, rental agreement. I see that your background is pending , soo maybe they just want to verify your identity.
Thank you @maverick1982

Reactions: maverick1982

TonyStark01

Sep 10, 2024
I've called up agent now and asked for security and criminality. He told me that security is completed and I will receive a FP request in the next 5 days. Not sure why i am receiving it because my last FP's was given in 2022 (which means within 10 years period) and again i am receiving this request.

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I've called up agent now and asked for security and criminality. He told me that security is completed and I will receive a FP request in the next 5 days. Not sure why i am receiving it because my last FP's was given in 2022 (which means within 10 years period) and again i am receiving this request.
This FP request is nothing to do with the previous one (during PR). Sometimes. some names partially matches with some red flagged names. This FP request is to check and make sure that you are not the same red flagged person. Not everyone gets the FP request but it's very common too. Nothing to worry about if you have no criminal records.