+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
That maybe a reason but cant say 100 percent. When taking test, everything else should be closed. No tab, pdf or even notepad. I'll let others pitch in. Can you check the webcam resolution? When one takes the picture of the Id, does it show on the screen so we can take a clear picture? Maybe during the test your face was blurred? Did you do a webcam check by calling a friend to make sure it is clear?
As long as we do not switch to any other tab 'during' the test, it is not a problem.

It is most likely a connection issue or webcam issue or if he was not fully visible in the camera all through the test or someone else came in the frame during the test.

Reactions: Yuki.03

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
My AOR was June 14, and I took the test on August 5. The status was updated to "Completed" on August 13, but there has been no progress since then. I called IRCC and was informed that the security screening was completed on July 30, and the criminality check is in progress with the RCMP. However, I have not received any fingerprint requests or updates since then. Is this normal? How long does it usually take for the background check to be updated to "Completed"? At this stage, would it be advisable to request GCMS notes?
You will most likely get a FP request to clear criminality. They send the request in batches so you would get it soon.

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
As long as we do not switch to any other tab 'during' the test, it is not a problem.

It is most likely a connection issue or webcam issue or if he was not fully visible in the camera all through the test or someone else came in the frame during the test.
Thanks. In the beginning , do we get to see ourself in the monitor? That would help to adjust. Im thinking of just keeping my hands up closed and near chest and only click when i answer and do next.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thanks. In the beginning , do we get to see ourself in the monitor? That would help to adjust. Im thinking of just keeping my hands up closed and near chest and only click when i answer and do next.
Yes, we need to take our picture using the webcam at the start of the test and that will help us adjust ourselves to the webcam. Throughout the test, there will be a small window within the test screen which will be our live camera feed, it will also help us in staying within the camera focus.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, we need to take our picture using the webcam at the start of the test and that will help us adjust ourselves to the webcam. Throughout the test, there will be a small window within the test screen which will be our live camera feed, it will also help us in staying within the camera focus.
Thank You

xyft7

Jul 16, 2024
Updated the spreadsheet.
The date it is updated in the tracker is the 'Decision made date'
The date we get the Oath Invite email is the 'Oath Letter Date'
The date of the ceremony is the 'Oath ceremony date'
I received the Oath invite email today.

PajamaPenguin

Jun 3, 2024
I have a question. I took the test. I scored 15/20. But I did not print or email the test result page. I just saved it as a pdf and somehow it did not save it properly.
Now, in the application tracker, I still see the last status as "Scheduled for citizenship test".
So when does the citizenship tracker status get updated after i took the test? Will it show "In progress"?

PajamaPenguin

Jun 3, 2024
They did not, he has a confusion on the spreadsheet column names.
@PajamaPenguin - the date you gave the test is the 'Test interview date' in the spreadsheet.
The 'test completed date' is the date it is marked as completed in the tracker. Please let us know when it is updated in the tracker.

I've updated the spreadsheet.
Understood. Thanks for explaining. I'll let you know. In the tracker, it still shows my last status as "Scheduled for citizenship test" and "Prohibitions" in progress.

RegalCalico

Jun 2, 2024
Yup, took a little while but finally got test complete. Updated:August 27, 2024,

Aug 23, 2024 Activity status updated: Citizenship test completed. Everything else showing in progress apart from the ceremony. The long wait begins!

Besthope1

Jan 14, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 25
Delivered: June 25
AOR: July 4
Application visible in tracker: July 9 (in progress)
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1118
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Single
Application sent: June 25
Delivered: June 25
AOR: July 4
Application visible in tracker: July 9 (in progress
Test Update on Tracker :27th Aug 2024
Test Window :- Sep 5 - Oct 6

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I have a question. I took the test. I scored 15/20. But I did not print or email the test result page. I just saved it as a pdf and somehow it did not save it properly.
Now, in the application tracker, I still see the last status as "Scheduled for citizenship test".
So when does the citizenship tracker status get updated after i took the test? Will it show "In progress"?
just answered above :)

Reactions: PajamaPenguin