+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
They might do a screen share (using teams or similar) and ask you to answer orally to a proctor. Did you have any other tab open or pdf for test instructions open?. It's best to copy link, close the pdf then paste it in single browser window . They have also said which browseer in a particular operating system is not allowed. It's also possible your internet connection broke off dlfor a split second? Good idea to test videocassette clarity. Get a HD cam if needed. Don't leave the test and come back etc
Yes, I did have the email tab open for the test instructions.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, I did have the email tab open for the test instructions.
That maybe a reason but cant say 100 percent. When taking test, everything else should be closed. No tab, pdf or even notepad. I'll let others pitch in. Can you check the webcam resolution? When one takes the picture of the Id, does it show on the screen so we can take a clear picture? Maybe during the test your face was blurred? Did you do a webcam check by calling a friend to make sure it is clear?

Last edited:

xyft7

Jul 16, 2024
Update.

Citizenship ceremony: In Progress August 23, 2024 (Appeared today, August 27, 2024)
Oath Ceremony: September 4, 2024

Reactions: hssrp

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Update.

Citizenship ceremony: In Progress August 23, 2024 (Appeared today, August 27, 2024)
Oath Ceremony: September 4, 2024
Updated. @hssrp what should be the decision made ecas date? Please correct if i made any mistake. I put oath letter date as Aug 23 and Oath ceremony as Sep 04. Thanks

DSL2011

Jun 7, 2024
That maybe a reason but cant say 100 percent. When taking test, everything else should be closed. No tab, pdf or even notepad. I'll let others pitch in. Can you check the webcam resolution? When one takes the picture of the Id, does it show on the screen so we can take a clear picture? Maybe during the test your face was blurred? Did you do a webcam check by calling a friend to make sure it is clear?
As a bit of a tech person myself, I’d add a splash of color:
1. Ensure your camera is working properly, and keep your face centered and in focus throughout the test.
2. Maintain your gaze on the screen—avoid looking around.
3. Stay silent during the test. While IRCC cannot hear you, any visible movement of your mouth could raise suspicion.
4. Carefully read the questions about yourself without speaking aloud.
5. Close all other applications, leaving only your browser (Chrome on Windows or Safari on Mac) open with the test landing page. While the system can’t detect background apps, it will notice if you switch focus to another app or tab.
6. Minimize mouse movement and follow the test interface carefully with your cursor.
7. Disable any VPN connections before starting the test.
8. Remain at your workstation until the test is fully completed.

Reactions: maverick1982

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
My AOR was June 14, and I took the test on August 5. The status was updated to "Completed" on August 13, but there has been no progress since then. I called IRCC and was informed that the security screening was completed on July 30, and the criminality check is in progress with the RCMP. However, I have not received any fingerprint requests or updates since then. Is this normal? How long does it usually take for the background check to be updated to "Completed"? At this stage, would it be advisable to request GCMS notes?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Updated. @hssrp what should be the decision made ecas date? Please correct if i made any mistake. I put oath letter date as Aug 23 and Oath ceremony as Sep 04. Thanks
Updated the spreadsheet.
The date it is updated in the tracker is the 'Decision made date'
The date we get the Oath Invite email is the 'Oath Letter Date'
The date of the ceremony is the 'Oath ceremony date'

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Updated. Wow, same day they marked complete!
They did not, he has a confusion on the spreadsheet column names.
@PajamaPenguin - the date you gave the test is the 'Test interview date' in the spreadsheet.
The 'test completed date' is the date it is marked as completed in the tracker. Please let us know when it is updated in the tracker.

I've updated the spreadsheet.