+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 Visitor Visa TRV applicants

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Any updates for the June applicants?
My brother applied for a visitor VISA from Qatar on June 24 and did the biometrics on June 25. There is no update since then. He applied for the VISA to attend a conference in Toronto from Aug 20 - 22 and the conference data is nearing. He sent a webform recently informing this, but no reply to it yet.
He won’t get it by then. Cuz there’s still passport to send in for the visa to be placed and that can take couple days/week. He should have applied way ahead of time processing times for Qatar is 76 days on the ircc website but can be longer as well.

Reactions: SAKARUN

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
He won’t get it by then. Cuz there’s still passport to send in for the visa to be placed and that can take couple days/week. He should have applied way ahead of time processing times for Qatar is 76 days on the ircc website but can be longer as well.
Thanks for the reply. I understand it.
Is there a chance that his VISA will be rejected due to conference dates BTW, he has mentioned that visiting me (his brother) as also a reason for the VISA application

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the reply. I understand it.
Is there a chance that his VISA will be rejected due to conference dates BTW, he has mentioned that visiting me (his brother) as also a reason for the VISA application
If it’s refused it wouldn’t be because of that. They know family would want to see family so he has another reason to travel so it should be okay. Good lucky though!

Reactions: SAKARUN

NN321

Aug 29, 2023
COR: Pakistan
Application Date: June 08
Biometric; already valid (2019)
Nothing received after that. Raised web form August 14, they said its in que for review by an officer.
Requested gcmc on August 21, no response yet.
Traker stuck in backgroung in progress.
Eligibility: not started
Tracker shows application updated August 28.
Can anyone please guide??

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
I applied a visit visa for my brother (in Pakistan) online on June 28th, 2023
Biometrics given and updated on the IRCC portal on July 10th, 2023

Visa Refused August 24th for below reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
  • Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence

For first point, I have already mentioned his stay dates i.e. is for like 6 weeks then whey they have mentioned that he has not established that he will leave Canada?

For second point, I made a mistake in the application for for temporary stay dates. The attached Itinerary was from Mar 14th, 2024 to April 25, 2024, where as I mentioned the returned date 1 day earlier i.e. April 24th, 2024 in the Application form. (Is this could be a main reason that they have refused his application?)

For third point, I am not sure why they've mentioned that he is not financially established in his country. I have shown his entire business with the Business registration, Tax documents, Chamber of commerce documents, his Sales documents and bank statement of his personal account (showing PKR 2 millions) and business account (showing his business transactions).

Could anyone please assist me and share their 2 cents on it? What should I do next?

BTW I've already applied for GCMS notes on August 25th, 2023

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied a visit visa for my brother (in Pakistan) online on June 28th, 2023
Biometrics given and updated on the IRCC portal on July 10th, 2023

Visa Refused August 24th for below reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
  • Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence

For first point, I have already mentioned his stay dates i.e. is for like 6 weeks then whey they have mentioned that he has not established that he will leave Canada?

For second point, I made a mistake in the application for for temporary stay dates. The attached Itinerary was from Mar 14th, 2024 to April 25, 2024, where as I mentioned the returned date 1 day earlier i.e. April 24th, 2024 in the Application form. (Is this could be a main reason that they have refused his application?)

For third point, I am not sure why they've mentioned that he is not financially established in his country. I have shown his entire business with the Business registration, Tax documents, Chamber of commerce documents, his Sales documents and bank statement of his personal account (showing PKR 2 millions) and business account (showing his business transactions).

Could anyone please assist me and share their 2 cents on it? What should I do next?

BTW I've already applied for GCMS notes on August 25th, 2023
6 weeks is a long visit if he is running his own business. How much did he show in Canadian for personal and business funds? Did he show contracts to return?

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
6 weeks is a long visit if he is running his own business. How much did he show in Canadian for personal and business funds? Did he show contracts to return?
Showed more than CAD 10,000 in his accounts. I showed the entire business which could be the ties back home and that means he would return back home after his temporary stay. He is married and have 2 years old son. I applied his visa alone but mentioned his family details with the documents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Showed more than CAD 10,000 in his accounts. I showed the entire business which could be the ties back home and that means he would return back home after his temporary stay. He is married and have 2 years old son. I applied his visa alone but mentioned his family details with the documents.
So is spouse working? Does spouse have own funds? A 6 week visit is a long visit for a business owner with not a lot of funds to support not only a visit but spouse and child. Why does he need such a long visit to leave his family. I can understand a 2-3 week visit but not 6 weeks as a business owner. The issue is showing that he is financially established so shorten his visit, increase funds and show contracts to return.

Reactions: Charbk

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
So is spouse working? Does spouse have own funds? A 6 week visit is a long visit for a business owner with not a lot of funds to support not only a visit but spouse and child. Why does he need such a long visit to leave his family. I can understand a 2-3 week visit but not 6 weeks as a business owner. The issue is showing that he is financially established so shorten his visit, increase funds and show contracts to return.
so his wife is not working. I can shorten a stay to 2-3 weeks. How much do you think he should have his bank accounts? And what if he doesn't have a kind of business where contracts are not involved. What other thing I can mention to show his return, can I show any property on his name?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so his wife is not working. I can shorten a stay to 2-3 weeks. How much do you think he should have his bank accounts? And what if he doesn't have a kind of business where contracts are not involved. What other thing I can mention to show his return, can I show any property on his name?
So how can he support a family and be financially established with a 6 week visit? That is what IRCC is referring to. So he needs personal funds to support a 2-3 week visit plus support wife and child. $10k may not even be enough. IRCC wants proof that he is financially established in his business so again, contracts/receipts/future works show that money will come in while he is away plus he will have income when he returns. Property, if income like a rental, can be a tie but if spouse is staying she can collect. Wait for GCMS notes.

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
So how can he support a family and be financially established with a 6 week visit? That is what IRCC is referring to. So he needs personal funds to support a 2-3 week visit plus support wife and child. $10k may not even be enough. IRCC wants proof that he is financially established in his business so again, contracts/receipts/future works show that money will come in while he is away plus he will have income when he returns. Property, if income like a rental, can be a tie but if spouse is staying she can collect. Wait for GCMS notes.
so what if I apply his visit visa again with his wife and his son? In that case would $16k would be enough in his bank account?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so what if I apply his visit visa again with his wife and his son? In that case would $16k would be enough in his bank account?
You can try but still not a strong profile. None will be able to show family ties to return. $16k is not a lot for coming to Canada for 3 weeks after you pay for airfare. You will see people refused with funds of $20k+ for a two week visit and there are only 2 people. His wife needs to show her own ties to home country (she doesn’t have a job) and travel history. All are assessed separately. Wait for GCMS notes.

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
You can try but still not a strong profile. None will be able to show family ties to return. $16k is not a lot for coming to Canada for 3 weeks after you pay for airfare. You will see people refused with funds of $20k+ for a two week visit and there are only 2 people. His wife needs to show her own ties to home country (she doesn’t have a job) and travel history. All are assessed separately. Wait for GCMS notes.
The reason I am asking this is because my wife is pregnant and the due date is in April first week. We do not have anyone here and need a help from a family to take care of my 3 kids. Since I am working Full Time and my wife needs a help with house hold work. What if I get a letter from family doctor and my wife's blood report. Do you think would this help if I apply along with his wife? We would need help from February onwards not now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reason I am asking this is because my wife is pregnant and the due date is in April first week. We do not have anyone here and need a help from a family to take care of my 3 kids. Since I am working Full Time and my wife needs a help with house hold work. What if I get a letter from family doctor and my wife's blood report. Do you think would this help if I apply along with his wife? We would need help from February onwards not now.
Absolutely not. You are asking them to come to Canada to work (childcare, housework), and that is illegal.