FP Completed - October 31st 2019
Test Invite: December 13th 2019
Test Date: January 10th 2020

Good Luck Everyone and Happy Holidays !

Last edited:

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
I just finished my test at Scarborough a few hours ago and thought I would share my experience. Also happy to answer any Qs anyone may have.
I was scheduled for a 1:30pm test and arrived over an hour before. You have to go to the front desk to check in, where you are given a green form - the Prohibitions Under the Citizenship Act form. You have to fill out your name, UCI, application ID and and agree/disagree to whether you are described in any of these prohibitions that could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen.
About 5 minutes before the test, people who were taking the test were asked to line up to enter the room. We were asked to show the Notice to Appear sheet and PR card before picking up a scantron sheet and pencil. Once inside, there are fairly clear instructions on how to fill up the sheet and where to submit it. We are each handed a different test booklet: 20 questions, either multiple choice or True or False. The test in itself was very simple. I finished in under two minutes and spent an additional minute checking my answers. Once you submit your scantron and booklet, you head to a section of seats outside for your interview.
The interviews are conducted over a standing counter with a glass surface in between you and the judge. There are slits in the window for you to hand over your documents. There are whiteboards everywhere indicating what documents you need to have handy for the interview:
1) Passport(s) 2) PR Card 3) License/Health Card 4) Landing Papers 5) Green Prohibition Form.
You have to wait till your hear your name called and proceed to the corresponding counter number. My interview lasted about five minutes with a very friendly lady. I was asked to show my passports, PR card, license and health card. She asked me if I had any issues with immigration or police in the past and if everything stated in my application was true. I confirmed this and was asked to sign a form stating that this declaration was true.
She then mentioned that I had submitted additional info via the webform, this was two extra student statuses I had missed in my application. Since this was well before my eligibility period, she didn't spend any time on it.
Next she pulled out a CBSA document with all my entries and exits and checked it against my physical presence calculator. I had gone the extra mile and listed all my absences on a sheet with a column marking which page each passport stamp was on. She was very pleased with this and said it saved her a lot of time instead of checking the passport manually. She ended up keeping that sheet.
She asked what I did for a living and we chatted a bit about the kind of work I do. She let me know my score, 20/20 and congratulated me.
Then she repeated her question about whether I have had any issues with the immigration/police officials. She then signed off on the part of the green form that said Prohibitions assessed - applicant not prohibited.
She said I would receive my oath invite between 1-3 months, most likely via email and to pay careful attention to the time/date. I did ask if I could be scheduled for an oath the next day or this week, but she said she had no more passes left. I mentioned I would be out of the country in January, so she took down the dates. We wished each other a good day and parted ways.
Timing wise, I waited an hour for the test, 10 minutes inside the test room (6 for instructions + 4 to finish), waited 5 minutes for the interview and 5 minutes for the interview.

CAVEAT: Please arrive well before your scheduled time. A girl was 20 minutes late to the test and they wouldn't let her in. She tried to negotiate her way in, not sure if she was successful. But once people have exited the test room, the invigilators are hesitant to let latecomers in, for obvious reasons.
Good luck to everyone waiting for a test/oath. Hope we all start the new year with some good news!

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Received Test invite

App Type : Single
Days: 1123
Application sent : June 2nd, 2019
Application received : June 6th, 2019
AOR: August 16, 2019
Started Processing: Oct 1st, 2019
FP Request - October 30th 2019
FP Completed - October 31st 2019
Test Invite: December 13th 2019
Test Date: January 10th 2020

Good Luck Everyone and Happy Holidays !
Congrats ..
We have the same timeline , I wonder when I’m getting the test invite ..hopefully soon

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
Hi, I just got my test invite today. The test is scheduled for the 13th of January.

Application sent : May 31, 2019
Application received : June 5, 2019
Days: 1,102
AOR: August 19, 2019
Started Processing: Oct 8, 2019
Test Invite: December 16th 2019
Test Date: January 13th 2020

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Hi everyone,
I just finished my test at Scarborough a few hours ago and thought I would share my experience. Also happy to answer any Qs anyone may have.
I was scheduled for a 1:30pm test and arrived over an hour before. You have to go to the front desk to check in, where you are given a green form - the Prohibitions Under the Citizenship Act form. You have to fill out your name, UCI, application ID and and agree/disagree to whether you are described in any of these prohibitions that could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen.
About 5 minutes before the test, people who were taking the test were asked to line up to enter the room. We were asked to show the Notice to Appear sheet and PR card before picking up a scantron sheet and pencil. Once inside, there are fairly clear instructions on how to fill up the sheet and where to submit it. We are each handed a different test booklet: 20 questions, either multiple choice or True or False. The test in itself was very simple. I finished in under two minutes and spent an additional minute checking my answers. Once you submit your scantron and booklet, you head to a section of seats outside for your interview.
The interviews are conducted over a standing counter with a glass surface in between you and the judge. There are slits in the window for you to hand over your documents. There are whiteboards everywhere indicating what documents you need to have handy for the interview:
1) Passport(s) 2) PR Card 3) License/Health Card 4) Landing Papers 5) Green Prohibition Form.
You have to wait till your hear your name called and proceed to the corresponding counter number. My interview lasted about five minutes with a very friendly lady. I was asked to show my passports, PR card, license and health card. She asked me if I had any issues with immigration or police in the past and if everything stated in my application was true. I confirmed this and was asked to sign a form stating that this declaration was true.
She then mentioned that I had submitted additional info via the webform, this was two extra student statuses I had missed in my application. Since this was well before my eligibility period, she didn't spend any time on it.
Next she pulled out a CBSA document with all my entries and exits and checked it against my physical presence calculator. I had gone the extra mile and listed all my absences on a sheet with a column marking which page each passport stamp was on. She was very pleased with this and said it saved her a lot of time instead of checking the passport manually. She ended up keeping that sheet.
She asked what I did for a living and we chatted a bit about the kind of work I do. She let me know my score, 20/20 and congratulated me.
Then she repeated her question about whether I have had any issues with the immigration/police officials. She then signed off on the part of the green form that said Prohibitions assessed - applicant not prohibited.
She said I would receive my oath invite between 1-3 months, most likely via email and to pay careful attention to the time/date. I did ask if I could be scheduled for an oath the next day or this week, but she said she had no more passes left. I mentioned I would be out of the country in January, so she took down the dates. We wished each other a good day and parted ways.
Timing wise, I waited an hour for the test, 10 minutes inside the test room (6 for instructions + 4 to finish), waited 5 minutes for the interview and 5 minutes for the interview.

CAVEAT: Please arrive well before your scheduled time. A girl was 20 minutes late to the test and they wouldn't let her in. She tried to negotiate her way in, not sure if she was successful. But once people have exited the test room, the invigilators are hesitant to let latecomers in, for obvious reasons.
Good luck to everyone waiting for a test/oath. Hope we all start the new year with some good news!
My experience in Montreal was not that smooth the I.O. was in a hurry to finish the interview i didn't even have a time to ask some questions.
She was unfriendly and intimidating.. I hope she didn't throw my test score sheet..

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Yes I agree, Ottawa see

Yes I noticed this too, Ottawa hasn't been active for a while, almost none since May has received a test invite. any idea why?
~A
It seems that applicants from big cities were a bit slow compare to small cities..

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Hi, I just got my test invite today. The test is scheduled for the 13th of January.

Application sent : May 31, 2019
Application received : June 5, 2019
Days: 1,102
AOR: August 19, 2019
Started Processing: Oct 8, 2019
Test Invite: December 16th 2019
Test Date: January 13th 2020
Updated congrats

elcabalito2017

Mar 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

Great summary! Quick one, is there a parking in the area? Thanks

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
My experience in Montreal was not that smooth the I.O. was in a hurry to finish the interview i didn't even have a time to ask some questions.
She was unfriendly and intimidating.. I hope she didn't throw my test score sheet..
I am sorry to hear that. It’s usually a hit or miss with IRCC peeps. I can assure you they won’t tamper with your scores. Hope you receive your oath invite soon. Good luck!

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hello - please update the status for dun146 (currently row 15) - Decision made date: December 17, 2019. A big thanks to the admin for managing the spreadsheet.