+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Last weekend I finished my landing at the border. As soon as I went back home, I sent a request through Web form to withdraw my Bridging Open Work Permit application. There's no automated response email after I sent out the request. However this morning I received the following email and I'm feeling confused.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you wish to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Please include the following information:

• Complete name,
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI), if you have one,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Country of birth,
  • Complete address (including the postal code),
    • if the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses,
  • Telephone number,
    • if you have more than one contact number, please provide them all,
  • Application type,
  • Date you sent your application,
  • (If applicable) Online application reference number,
  • A copy of the e-payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401),
  • The reason to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, and
  • For a permanent residence application, please also include a signed withdrawal letter.
The office will determine whether a withdrawal (or cancellation of a withdrawal request) of the application is possible, and issue a refund, if applicable.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Agent's Name, agent XXXX(agent number)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

In my request, I included everything mentioned inside this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23 so I didn't provide my address, copy of e-payment receipt and reason to withdraw. Is this email telling me to re-submit another request including all the information specified in the above email or is it just something generic that agents copy and paste in response to every application withdrawal request? @Mr_nobody looking forward to hearing your advice.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Last weekend I finished my landing at the border. As soon as I went back home, I sent a request through Web form to withdraw my Bridging Open Work Permit application. There's no automated response email after I sent out the request. However this morning I received the following email and I'm feeling confused.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you wish to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Please include the following information:

• Complete name,
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI), if you have one,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Country of birth,
  • Complete address (including the postal code),
    • if the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses,
  • Telephone number,
    • if you have more than one contact number, please provide them all,
  • Application type,
  • Date you sent your application,
  • (If applicable) Online application reference number,
  • A copy of the e-payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401),
  • The reason to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, and
  • For a permanent residence application, please also include a signed withdrawal letter.
The office will determine whether a withdrawal (or cancellation of a withdrawal request) of the application is possible, and issue a refund, if applicable.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Agent's Name, agent XXXX(agent number)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

In my request, I included everything mentioned inside this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23 so I didn't provide my address, copy of e-payment receipt and reason to withdraw. Is this email telling me to re-submit another request including all the information specified in the above email or is it just something generic that agents copy and paste in response to every application withdrawal request? @Mr_nobody looking forward to hearing your advice.
This is again a generic response. the agent didn't look at the info that you provided.
Anyways, I don't think it is a big deal. Raise another web form and this time include all the information that the agent mentioned to rule out any excuse that they have.

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
This is again a generic response. the agent didn't look at the info that you provided.
Anyways, I don't think it is a big deal. Raise another web form and this time include all the information that the agent mentioned to rule out any excuse that they have.
Thanks man! I will submit another request including all the information agent specified. Do you remember if you got an email/notification when they dropped your application?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
I’ve personally visited NDVO and the officials told me there would be no reply backs on email because they are good for nothing people. Hence sending out emails are like throwing Bricks in ocean and expecting them to float. Going to immigration officer in Canada in my personal opinion wouldn’t cause any movement as the cic agents on call themselves dust off their hands saying that the file in at local visa office which is out of their jurisdiction. But not tried it though so it’s just a gut feeling. Lastly I’ve been trying to set up an immigration lawyer here in delhi so will keep everyone updated whether they are in a position to help.
Thanks a lot @rohanid6. you said you also visited the ndvo office in delhi. was that of any help? mails are a waste that is clear. If you are hiring a lawyer may be we can do it in a group...may be he will give us a discount!

Please let me know either ways. Thanks

prateekkhosla

Jul 15, 2019
If I was on this situation, I would marry now that my application is underway and add my spouse to my application if
1. I can raise the required POF
2. my spouse doesn't have any criminal or medical issues that can prevent both of us from getting PPRs.
Our CRS score doesn't change.
However if you wait till after you land, then you'd have to sponsor your spose after you've earned enough income IN Canada to be able to do so.

The only con to this is an extended application time but it sometimes even takes shorter than an a single applicant's normal processing time
and like Cansha said, it's easy to find these things online especially through this forum.
But 'cos I've been away from here for so long, I wanted to do something nice, so I searched for you. Here's a link that expressly answers your question. Good luck.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Thank you so much. Really appreciate your help. I got this confirmed at various Facebook groups as well.

prateekkhosla

Jul 15, 2019
1. No
2. I don't mind. Whether I say I'm 100% sure or 25% sure doesn't matter because it's apparent you already have some advice which you trust more than what I said. So don't mind but I can't convince you more.
3. Use google.com
Thanks but i didn't mean to distrust you. It's a big deal for us and that's why i was looking for confirmation.
Mentioning below the relevant link i was looking for from govt website for confirmation.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
We're getting married btw :)

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
Thanks a lot @rohanid6. you said you also visited the ndvo office in delhi. was that of any help? mails are a waste that is clear. If you are hiring a lawyer may be we can do it in a group...may be he will give us a discount!

Please let me know either ways. Thanks
Sure, I have an appointment next week. Let’s see if he can help. My sister tried from Toronto but the lawyer said since file isn’t Canada they can’t do anything. I’ll keep you updated here about the outcome of the meeting.

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Sure, I have an appointment next week. Let’s see if he can help. My sister tried from Toronto but the lawyer said since file isn’t Canada they can’t do anything. I’ll keep you updated here about the outcome of the meeting.
thank you so much. May I ask how did you get an appointment? and whom are you meeting. I can try the same in my case as well. Appreciate your help.