+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, is it a must to take the birth certificate in the test day? i can not find mine

maskdoll

Feb 26, 2015
Anyone knows the timeline between Test and Oath?

I have been scheduled for Test on March 10th in Scarborough, but I have a vacation starting very soon March 20th to April 10th.

Getting little worried about possibility of flying back for the oath.
Not sure if it's possible to call CIC to postpone Oath ceremony.

maskdoll

Feb 26, 2015
u4g5 said:
if u r given the oath letter right after test, and the date doesnt fit your schedule, tell the interview official right away and they will reschedule a new oath date, which is usually 2 months latter.
gd luck on test
What if I weren't given the oath letter on the spot? what is the timeline for receiving it at home?
CIC online system seems not updating timely. I wonder if the letter arrives home when I am out of country, and CIC online system have no update, then I would miss the ceremony :-(

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
maskdoll said:
What if I weren't given the oath letter on the spot? what is the timeline for receiving it at home?
CIC online system seems not updating timely. I wonder if the letter arrives home when I am out of country, and CIC online system have no update, then I would miss the ceremony :-(
2-3 weeks in Mississauga

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one is guaranteed an oath letter on the spot. It is a decision that the local office makes when they have space for people for upcoming ceremony. Of course the interviewing officer, after the test, has to determine that your application is Approved first.

The timeline depends on case to case and from one office to another.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
You can check the Global Sheet for some statistics about test to oath timing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

Please add your timeline if it is not there already.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trex25 said:
You can check the Global Sheet for some statistics about test to oath timing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

Please add your timeline if it is not there already.
Hello,

That sheet is a great idea, however, is it possible to produce an statistic about the avg time period since the App was received by the local office until the test invitation is sent.?

THanks

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
sanacast said:
Hello,

That sheet is a great idea, however, is it possible to produce an statistic about the avg time period since the App was received by the local office until the test invitation is sent.?

THanks
I don't manage the sheet so I don't have access to editing columns, but you can make a copy and perform any sort of data manipulation on that copy. Just go to File> Make a copy..and then you can do anything you want on the copy.

I hope that helps.

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all!

I got my oath letter yesterday! My ceremony is March 12th.

I noticed that my Ecas was updated February 23th mentioning that they sent a letter letting me to know to appear for the exam on January 20th. The day my Ecas got updated was the day the oath letter was posted.

My office is montreal. I did the exam January 20th.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laika said:
Hello all!

I got my oath letter yesterday! My ceremony is March 12th.

I noticed that my Ecas was updated February 23th mentioning that they sent a letter letting me to know to appear for the exam on January 20th. The day my Ecas got updated was the day the oath letter was posted.

My office is montreal. I did the exam January 20th.
congraz!!!!!!!!!!!!

gee8mail

Aug 19, 2014
Can you advise on the Citizenship test preparation... like do we need to rememeber all the names, years... Is it recommended to sign-up for paid sample test sites... etc.., Appreciate it.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test and interview at Scarborough Office on Feb, 27th.

Previously had received the Blue letter by mail for the test invite..

For the test, I would suggest reading the Discover Canada Book a few times till you feel comfortable knowing the stuff. You not necessarily have to memorize all the dates but know the important ones. Plenty of time to complete the test.

After the test, you go to the next room where everyone else also comes after they finish their test. Their could be 4 to 5 officers with tables and chair in front who will call your name and you go to the person's table who called you.

You show them your PR card, 2 IDs, landing paper, passport (s) etc. Then they will ask some general question like what do you do, if you had travel then what was the purpose etc.

After the interview, the officer will tell you what is the next step. I have heard that some people get oath invitation the same day however that is not the case all the time. I was told that I will receive instruction / next step information over the mail. The time I was there, I saw 7 to 8 interview finished and did'n't see any one getting a Pink Slip - usually the paper used for oath invite.

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fellow Juners..

I got my ATIP report a few days ago (exactly 30 days after I requested it).

Lots of information that I have been studying carefully. Everything seems to be OK with my process but I am noticing something that maybe some of you guys know better than me.

RCMP Check: Passed (This is the Police Background Checking)
FOSS Check: Passed (This is something to do with immigration and airports status)
CSIS Check: -- BLANK -- (This is the Canadian Intelligency Agency).

So, it looks like that what is delaying my process a bit is the CSIS checking, I heard this check could take longer depending on your name and/or nationality. I am not worried about this because there's nothing in my background that could cause any problems with CSIS, but I just wanted to ask if anyone here have had any experience at all with this CSIS issue, timelines, situations, etc ??

Thanks much!