June 2014 Citizenship Application.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Just thought I would share my test experience. I took it a few days back in Vancouver and passed.

At the interview, after the officer had given the test score and checked all documentation, he said the application was approved! I was quite surprised that the decision was made straightaway and am not sure if this has anything to do with the new streamlined application process.

Definitely the most valuable thing for me was to have entry/exit records for the all the countries that didn't stamp my passport, specifically my home country. I handed over all of these over and the officer used them to cross-check all the absences on my residence calculation.

Aside from that, the whole process was pretty uneventful. I pretty much exclusively used the online tests to study, rather than learning every word in the Discovery Canada book and this got me by.

I hope this helps! Best of luck all other June applicants!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats!! this is awesome. happy for you and wish u all the best in having the oath letter very soon :)

pedros said:
Hi

Just thought I would share my test experience. I took it a few days back in Vancouver and passed.

At the interview, after the officer had given the test score and checked all documentation, he said the application was approved! I was quite surprised that the decision was made straightaway and am not sure if this has anything to do with the new streamlined application process.

Definitely the most valuable thing for me was to have entry/exit records for the all the countries that didn't stamp my passport, specifically my home country. I handed over all of these over and the officer used them to cross-check all the absences on my residence calculation.

Aside from that, the whole process was pretty uneventful. I pretty much exclusively used the online tests to study, rather than learning every word in the Discovery Canada book and this got me by.

I hope this helps! Best of luck all other June applicants!

sanacast

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @pedros, congratulations!

Can you share your timeline with dates ?

Thank you

devD

Jan 12, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
I have question guys, my app sent mid june, in process since Aug.
However, my dependant status says "started processing in Octotober". Anyone else experienced this?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we can not compare any other city timeline with Vancouver as they are the fastest ever. just to let you know before being disappointed

sanacast said:
Hi @ pedros, congratulations!

Can you share your timeline with dates ?

Thank you

bongeorgeo

Apr 16, 2011
How to write down the addresses in the citizenship application?
I lived in Toronto for 3 years for example 1.Jan.2012 to 1.Jan.2015 and traveled back to Italy for 2 weeks

Should I write it like that :
1.Jan.2012 to 1.Jan.2015 Toronto
1.March 2013 to 15.March.2013 Italy

or like that :

1.Jan.2012 to 1.March.2013 Toronto
15.March 2013 to 1.Jan.2015 Toronto

I will really appreciate your replies, the above dates are just an example

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bongeorgeo said:
I lived in Toronto for 3 years for example 1.Jan.2012 to 1.Jan.2015 and traveled back to Italy for 2 weeks

or like that :

I'll take it you traveled to Italy for visiting or vacation.
This is not an change of address.
You maintained your Canadian address and returned back to
It after your visit-right?

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll take it you traveled to Italy for visiting or vacation.
This is not an change of address.
You maintained your Canadian address and returned back to
It after your visit-right?

bongeorgeo said:

or like that :

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
om saif said:
we can not compare any other city timeline with Vancouver as they are the fastest ever. just to let you know before being disappointed
Vancouver is fast to the test, but then you have to wait another 4 months for the oath. Some even waited for 6 months.
In Ontario, test is longer to get, but once done, oath letters are handed out in the end of interview.

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
Thanks Pedro. What kind of entry-exit record did you submit?
Was it an excel sheet with place/entry/exit or was it n any other type?
Did you cover only the 4 year period pertaining to the citizenship or everything int eh passport. Much appreciate your response.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bongeorgeo said:

or like that :

You do not need to mention your address in Italy since you were only visiting or vacationing. You will need to mention this absence in residence calculator though.

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
Calgary is neither fast for test nor oath. :-X

BLT said:
Vancouver is fast to the test, but then you have to wait another 4 months for the oath. Some even waited for 6 months.
In Ontario, test is longer to get, but once done, oath letters are handed out in the end of interview.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have never heard about handing the oath letter at the test day.my family and friends never happened to them but i wish to happen to me :D :D

BLT said:

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
pingaustin said:
Calgary is neither fast for test nor oath. :-X
Well, In AB, you are paying less taxes. For instance, when you buy a car, the tax in BC is 15% while in AB is only 5%. Things are cheaper for a reason. ;D