+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2013 online application from USA

kanchans

Jun 25, 2013
Monica - I live in PA. I just assumed I have to send it to NY.

My final timeline

Applied on: 4 June
PP Request: 20 Jun
PP sent to NY: 20 Jun
PP received at NY: 21 Jun
PP received back 26 June.

I am amazed thankful that it all happened quickly.

Also another point to note. I applied for mutliple entry visa. Som folks had mentioned you get it till the expiry of your passprt. This is not the case for me. I got it til 01/01/2015 where as my passport expires in 2019

Jun 19, 2013
Applied June 2... waiting
Our planned departure date for Canada is Jul 20.

Based on some of the posts it appears that the planned itinerary/upcoming trip date may have something to do with how they prioritize the processing. Looks like folks with upcoming travel are receiving the PP request just in time.

Those of you who got the request for PP, can you post your planned travel date as well?

Thanks.

arunsrivat87

Jun 17, 2013
Hi kanchans,

What was the period you mentioned in the application when you filled ? Di they approve for the same period or more than that (Visa Validity) ?

diwa209

Jun 26, 2013
Applied online for a transit visa for my parents (citizens of India)

Applied on 06/13
Passport request on 06/26
Passport delivered personally to NYC consulate (as my workplace is close to the consulate) on 06/26
official at the consulate told me it takes 7 days to get the passport back.
I have submitted a priority mail stamped self addressed envelope without tracking info.

kanchans

Jun 25, 2013
arunsrivat87 - I just mentioned, I plan to go in July 2013. I do not remember putting anything how long do i want the VISA for.

Jun 19, 2013
Question for those who got the PP request - Does the passport request arrive with an email to your personal email account OR do you have to login to MyCIC (which is formidable with the timeouts) for new messages?

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
Guys please share your thoughts ... as Till now I have not paid any Payment to cic, though I have submitted my online application as well as send passport. After going through some thread, I got confuse though on cic site I am still on upload document tab. I am applying for visitor transit visa.
So those who got visa please clarify, how you people paid. as My amount on online application is showing 0 as Total Price (CAD) for four members.
those who have applied, have they paid anything till now ??

My timeline applied - 6th june
PP request - 21 june
pp sent - 22 June
PP reached - 24 June

Awaiting .....