+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2012 Applications

baraasafaa

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
guys:
I have not heard anything from CEC yet and my PGWP is going to expire in June 2013. Any recommendations of what to do?

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi baraasafaa,

The following was posted by jes_ON another thread and will probably help you. I wish this was an option when my PGWP expired. Oh well here it is:

Don't know that this will make you feel any better, but this is not a rare problem, you are in good company. You didn't mention this, so just in case you haven't already applied, you are probably eligible for Employment Insurance Benefits. It's not a total solution, but it will help -
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/index.shtml

As others have mentioned, if you are eligible to apply for permanent residence under the CEC class (new rules as of Jan 2, 2013), you should do so ASAP. If you are eligible, once you receive your Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR - anywhere from 1-4 months), then you can apply for a bridging open work permit (BOWP).

CEC
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

BOWP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
My application got rejected yesterday citing reasons for my 24 months tenure and revenues during the period.

I cant really think about anything now, dont know what to do and what can be next steps, if there are any ?

if somebody can provide any helpful insight, would be really helpful.

Reasons for rejection :

" I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because you did not provide evidence that you have performed a significant number of the main duties of this job title during a period equivalent to 24 months of full-time employment in Canada. Specifically, you declared full-time employment from May 1st , 2010 to May 25, 2012; however you were not in possession of a valid work permit between October 11, 2010 and December 29, 2010. Furthermore, the revenues you declared on the Notice of Assessment for the year 2010 do not support full-time employment as a System Consultant for the remaining period of 2010 (from May 2010 to October 2010). "

Worst part i was under implied status at that time and my revenues were in accordance minimum wages immigration law 2010. Only thing is Notice of Assessment doesn't show non taxable parts i.e Per Diems in my case and hence leading to confusion.

Damn.. they could have asked for more documents or clarification. Don't know what are they upto..!!!! :mad:

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
It is so surprising that CIC didn't have information about your 'Implied status'. This is the case for many of the applicants. What should we do to prove that we are on Implied status? Anybody any inputs?? THX___

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Sorry to hear about that. I would suggest that you reapply as soon as possible, as you are very likely to be eligible under the new CEC rule which only requires one year (12 months) of full-time employment. Hope this helps.

aka024 said:
My application got rejected yesterday citing reasons for my 24 months tenure and revenues during the period.

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
IMMI_123 said:
It is so surprising that CIC didn't have information about your 'Implied status'. This is the case for many of the applicants. What should we do to prove that we are on Implied status? Anybody any inputs?? THX___
Even i am really surprised about the fact that they didn't have any information regarding implied status. But then my case went a little off roading, while i was under implied status i traveled back to India on vacation and i applied from there for Visa again. I got my work permit at the entry port in Canada. I guess this makes them confused. As a proof of Implied status, i have replied with

1. Proof of payment issued by CIC at the time of Extension.
2. Letter supplied to CIC for extension issued from my organisation.
3. I got my 150$ refund in canada as i had already applied from outside and got Visa. I attached the letter that i received from the CIC then in 2010.

This is the worst that could happen to any one.. as they simply reject the application instead for asking clarification. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello aka024,

Sorry about the rejection. You should reapply ASAP.

I think your vacation during 'Implied Status' might have played a role in this. My understanding from our my employer lawyer ( I might be wrong) is If I go back to home country during 'Implied status' my extension application gets voided. Not sure how much this information is correct.

Don't worry, you should reapply with the new rules. Take care...THX___

aka024 said:
Even i am really surprised about the fact that they didn't have any information regarding implied status. But then my case went a little off roading, while i was under implied status i traveled back to India on vacation and i applied from there for Visa again. I got my work permit at the entry port in Canada. I guess this makes them confused. As a proof of Implied status, i have replied with

1. Proof of payment issued by CIC at the time of Extension.
2. Letter supplied to CIC for extension issued from my organisation.
3. I got my 150$ refund in canada as i had already applied from outside and got Visa. I attached the letter that i received from the CIC then in 2010.

This is the worst that could happen to any one.. as they simply reject the application instead for asking clarification. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else.

mnjdev

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Biodata form on 13th march
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
RPRF requested on 1st March
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
28-04-2013
Sorry about ur rejection aka024, best thing to do is to re-apply quickly. Don't lose hope

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aka024, did you get the rejection after you did the medicals?

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
IMMI_123 said:
Hello aka024,

Sorry about the rejection. You should reapply ASAP.

I think your vacation during 'Implied Status' might have played a role in this. My understanding from our my employer lawyer ( I might be wrong) is If I go back to home country during 'Implied status' my extension application gets voided. Not sure how much this information is correct.

Don't worry, you should reapply with the new rules. Take care...THX___
I am not sure if that would be true, in that case i would be in illegal state working while the time i was here. Also as per cic rule if i have applied for extension i am eligible to work under the same status till a decision is made. But by the time decision is made, i can work and that time should be counted. I am not sure what would happen.. but i am just trying. Lets hope for the best..!!

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
yahoo7 said:
aka024, did you get the rejection after you did the medicals?
No i didn't receive any medical request, i guess if this would have been cleared the next thing would have been Medical.

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
I have one question, is it really true that there is a window of 15 days where we can re appeal for the decision made against the application.

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
If your employer takes care of applying visa or work permit, may be he could have included for your work permit extension along with your Visa from India. That's how you could have got your work permit at Port of Entry.
But your work experience until your vacation and after your vacation should count..

Would you mind sharing,
1) the date your work permit expired
2) the date you applied WP extension with in canada
3) the date you left Canada
4) the date you came back to Canada

My employer also told not to leave the country when I was in Implied status, because the extension will become void.

aka024 said:
" ............... Specifically, you declared full-time employment from May 1st , 2010 to May 25, 2012; however you were not in possession of a valid work permit between October 11, 2010 and December 29, 2010. Furthermore, the revenues you declared on the Notice of Assessment for the year 2010 do not support full-time employment as a System Consultant for the remaining period of 2010 (from May 2010 to October 2010). "

Worst part i was under implied status at that time and my revenues were in accordance minimum wages immigration law 2010. Only thing is Notice of Assessment doesn't show non taxable parts i.e Per Diems in my case and hence leading to confusion.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello aka024,

I would recommend you to start a separate topic on this. So that, senior members like jes_ON, senoritabella etc could give you inputs regarding this. Not sure whether they will look into these topics. Also, if this is the case, I would recommend you to hire a good lawyer to appeal.

THX___

aka024 said:
I have one question, is it really true that there is a window of 15 days where we can re appeal for the decision made against the application.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
aka024 said:

I cant really think about anything now, dont know what to do and what can be next steps, if there are any ?

if somebody can provide any helpful insight, would be really helpful.

Reasons for rejection :

" I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because you did not provide evidence that you have performed a significant number of the main duties of this job title during a period equivalent to 24 months of full-time employment in Canada. Specifically, you declared full-time employment from May 1st , 2010 to May 25, 2012; however you were not in possession of a valid work permit between October 11, 2010 and December 29, 2010. Furthermore, the revenues you declared on the Notice of Assessment for the year 2010 do not support full-time employment as a System Consultant for the remaining period of 2010 (from May 2010 to October 2010). "

Damn.. they could have asked for more documents or clarification. Don't know what are they upto..!!!! :mad:
Hi aka024,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Its shocking to know that CIC didn't consider your implied status duration towards your 24 month full time work experience which they should have. I believe most of the applicants who have applied under CEC have been on implied status and submitted their applications as soon they completed 24 months from the start date.

Were you actually on leave during the implied status period ?

Also, could you please let us know the VO number who sent you the rejection email ? As advised by everyone, do reapply and let us know how it goes. All the best..