+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That was the same for me.... nothing for a couple of weeks and just got my pre-arrival letter for what that is worth I don't know. Plus, it seems there are plenty of PRs granted where a pre-arrival letter wasn't sent (or at least the spreadsheet wasn't updated which is more likely).
While there's no direct connection it usually is a positive step or sign and often enough is followed by decision made/PPR. (Heck, any movement is positive). Unfortunately not consistent between visa offices as to whether they send it or not.

BUT: getting pre-arrival so soon (if your file is july 2021) is moving pretty quick.

I think the wildcard aspect for pre-arrival and timelines after it is security and criminality; for USA/NATO countries, these are often easier and quicker.

Reactions: Smej1234

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
While there's no direct connection it usually is a positive step or sign and often enough is followed by decision made/PPR. (Heck, any movement is positive). Unfortunately not consistent between visa offices as to whether they send it or not.

BUT: getting pre-arrival so soon (if your file is july 2021) is moving pretty quick.

I think the wildcard aspect for pre-arrival and timelines after it is security and criminality; for USA/NATO countries, these are often easier and quicker.

Out of idle curiosity, I decided to look at ECAS and to my surprise, it says "Decision Made". There is nothing new in GCKey aside from the Pre-Arrival Letter, but I'm assuming this is all good news. So now the big question is, when should I expect to learn what the Decision is? Not sure why GCKey would still look like everything is in process but I guess that just keeps us all guessing.

When they say they will they will communicate in writing - does that mean a physical letter or should I anticipate a electronic letter in my GCKey account at some point in the future?

Lastly, assuming I'll get a request for my passport, any idea how long they need it? I'm traveling for the Xmas Holidays and I'm in Canada already. I was kinda hoping I could just bring my Passport to an office and wait but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

Thanks

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Out of idle curiosity, I decided to look at ECAS and to my surprise, it says "Decision Made". There is nothing new in GCKey aside from the Pre-Arrival Letter, but I'm assuming this is all good news. So now the big question is, when should I expect to learn what the Decision is? Not sure why GCKey would still look like everything is in process but I guess that just keeps us all guessing.

When they say they will they will communicate in writing - does that mean a physical letter or should I anticipate a electronic letter in my GCKey account at some point in the future?

Lastly, assuming I'll get a request for my passport, any idea how long they need it? I'm traveling for the Xmas Holidays and I'm in Canada already. I was kinda hoping I could just bring my Passport to an office and wait but I suspect that is wishful thinking.
Nothing will change in GCKEY until your copr is issued.

You'll get an email with passport request. Could be any time, could be weeks or even low-numbered months.

Passport: you need to decide whether you wish to 'land' virtually (which mostly will mean staying in Canada and all done by internet), or submit passport copies and photos in USA. The only inconvenience is that while they straighten out that you should do the virtual landing, there might be some delay, and might be inconvenient if you need to go back and forth. The other way - you will need to physically re-enter Canada to land. I think usa types have been saying a couple weeks to submit to nyc/la and get the stuff back.

spc337

Jun 8, 2021
Nothing will change in GCKEY until your copr is issued.
How bizarre - seems the process points you to leverage GCKey and you would expect updates to be current and to show progress along the way. It would certainly reduce the stress that everyone feels going through this and probably eliminate a ton of phone case to CIC.

You'll get an email with passport request. Could be any time, could be weeks or even low-numbered months.

Passport: you need to decide whether you wish to 'land' virtually (which mostly will mean staying in Canada and all done by internet), or submit passport copies and photos in USA. The only inconvenience is that while they straighten out that you should do the virtual landing, there might be some delay, and might be inconvenient if you need to go back and forth. The other way - you will need to physically re-enter Canada to land. I think usa types have been saying a couple weeks to submit to nyc/la and get the stuff back.
I guess I'll have to do this in the new year so I can be without my passport which it gets processed. Of course I need to wait on the request...

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How bizarre - seems the process points you to leverage GCKey and you would expect updates to be current and to show progress along the way. It would certainly reduce the stress that everyone feels going through this and probably eliminate a ton of phone case to CIC.
Unfortunately gckey is just (in my view) a hack to show you selected data from the case management system - it was not designed to show updates and progress, just incidentally leveraged to reduce annoying requests from public to a manageable level and reduce staffing costs proactively inform clients.

Smej1234

Nov 20, 2021
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know of my status I applied near the mid of July and had a few requests to correct my information from IRCC. My wife is in Pakistan and am hoping to hear the good news about getting her case approved as soon as possible.

My current process looks like the following:

07/22/2021 - Applied for my spouse without a lawyer.

09/29/2021 - Received my approval that they have received my application

09/29/2021 - Also received my biometric request

10/11,12,13/2021 - Received random emails regarding confirmation of my webform for additional information requested. Also some forms to help me connect to online platform as I had submitted my application via paper.

11/10/2021 - Received medical instructions, will be having my wife perform her medical hopefully next week.

Will try to keep you guys updated!

Hope they can add me to the google doc also so I can compare myself to the rest of the people who applied in July. This is helping me understand if my case runs into delays or is in track with everyone else.

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Hey guys,

I had been asked by IRCC to send them updated Police certificate which I did already by uploading on Gckey on 10 November, 2021 but since then I have not heard anything from them yet. Should I also uploaded it on web form or is that enough?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey guys,

I had been asked by IRCC to send them updated Police certificate which I did already by uploading on Gckey on 10 November, 2021 but since then I have not heard anything from them yet. Should I also uploaded it on web form or is that enough?
No it's enough. It's normal to hear back after 30 days or more. Check GCKey and it will tell you there when they start reviewing them.

Smej1234

Nov 20, 2021
Hey guys,

Did you submit it with your initial application?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
@spc337 any updates after your pre-arrival and decision made I also got them on the same day but no updates after that.
Dude it's only been a handful of working days since you got a decision. Congratulations, but RELAX! It can take a few weeks or sometimes a couple of months before PPR. You can check the online spreadsheet to see where your visa office is currently at with sending PPRs and get a more accurate estimate.