+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

DDN4CAN

Feb 8, 2021
Hi guys,

Received first portal email at 9: 30 am today, replied just now, marking the beginning of the ending of the exact 14-month wait.

Timeline:
AOR: July 25, 2020 (PA inland, dependent outland)
First Med passed: September 16, 2020
Dependent back to CA: October 1, 2020
Biometrics completed: October 21, 2020
All stages passed: March 1, 2021
Dependent passport renewal: May 2021
Medical expired: July 24, 2021
Re-medical requested: September 9, 2021
Re-medical done: September 10, 2021
Re-medical submitted by panel physician: September 16, 2021
Re-medical passed: September 17, 2021
First portal email: September 25, 2021

Even though we have received the portal, it does not negate the fact that this is a f-ed up process and how cruel they have been treating us. Hanging in there, guys, even it sounds so cliché. It may be a f-ed up choice, but it is a f-ed up choice we made for a reason. Your help and support along the way is much appreciated.
Congrats! This gives me hope at the end of the tunnel. 14 monts and 19 days waiting as well. Everything passed Feb 10. As per notes file approved, but when we call they say still pending final decision. No other option but wait ... the final decision and the golden email.

Last edited:
Reactions: harry0207

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Congrats! This gives me hope at the end of the tunnel. 14 monts and 19 days waiting as well. Everything passed Feb 10. As per notes file approved, but when we call they say still pending final decision. No other option but wait ... the final decision and the golden email.
Have you got your medicals extended? It seems once that is done, it will be closer.

DDN4CAN

Feb 8, 2021
Hopefully they get it done soon. It is long overdue
That is true. I'm so disappointed with all this process and the way we've been treated. All this delay has so much more impact in people's lives that they imagine. Hope to get all this coming to an end soon for all of us still waiting.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
That is true. I'm so disappointed with all this process and the way we've been treated. All this delay has so much more impact in people's lives that they imagine. Hope to get all this coming to an end soon for all of us still waiting.
Absolutely. Evidently, they can process things really fast but they chose not to and used the BS excuse over and over again. The pandemic did not stop these stupid people to do a general election, which spent so much money and potentially spread the virus, but it turned out nothing changed much.

Reactions: DDN4CAN

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
BTW, this morning, got the first email again, so replied again (They spent so much money, but still shitty system). 20 mins ago, received the 2nd portal email.

Reactions: DDN4CAN

Andai2021

Mar 5, 2021
Hi guys,

Received first portal email at 9: 30 am today, replied just now, marking the beginning of the ending of the exact 14-month wait.

Timeline:

Even though we have received the portal, it does not negate the fact that this is a f-ed up process and how cruel they have been treating us. Hanging in there, guys, even it sounds so cliché. It may be a f-ed up choice, but it is a f-ed up choice we made for a reason. Your help and support along the way is much appreciated.
Congratulations!

Reactions: harry0207

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi guys,

Timeline:

so happy for you dude. i know ircc screwed you over and over and over again, but please do enjoy this moment. i know you will forever hold a grudge against the process ( i do too and mine took slightly under 8 months) -- but im telling you from the other side of the field, the moments when you get your ecopr and then your pr cards you will remember them forever.

Enjoy and congrats!

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
so happy for you dude. i know ircc screwed you over and over and over again, but please do enjoy this moment. i know you will forever hold a grudge against the process ( i do too and mine took slightly under 8 months) -- but im telling you from the other side of the field, the moments when you get your ecopr and then your pr cards you will remember them forever.

Enjoy and congrats!
Thank you for your kind words. It’s one hell of a journey. They certainly didn’t make it easy. So many things they could have done differently but they didn’t.

Reactions: FayRe

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Did anyone read about rejected applications after 6-7 month? Im wondering if they don`t reject applicants after Criminality/Eligibility passed. I`ve never read about it.

Why the hell are they checking background for a year or more???

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Did anyone read about rejected applications after 6-7 month? Im wondering if they don`t reject applicants after Criminality/Eligibility passed. I`ve never read about it.

Why the hell are they checking background for a year or more???
I doubt it. In our GCKEY, background passed on Feb 28, eligibility reviewed and application approved on Sept 27. During the 7 month in between, several rounds of applicants received their COPR or even PR card. I think the application may be on hold either waiting for medical extension or Outland applicants. Just my assumption